Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flegler fined.

BUT, does that leave him with a charge against him that can be used for future loading? What's the penalty if he fights it and loses?

I'd fight it just to show those fuckwits that we won't... ahh **** it, if we haven't done it after the shit we've copped recently, we won't ever stand up to those corrupt shit stains.

BUT, does that leave him with a charge against him that can be used for future loading? What's the penalty if he fights it and loses?

I'd fight it just to show those fuckwits that we won't... ahh **** it, if we haven't done it after the shit we've copped recently, we won't ever stand up to those corrupt shit stains.
We didn’t get a suspension this season until King Charles was crowned. It’s mind boggling how high up the corruption goes. The Queen was clearly involved.

NRL.com's stats were all over the place last night. Payne was 27 min when i checked at full time which I thought was bizarre. 51 seems right.
Their live data is always a bit ropey. At one stage they had Patty on report.

I was skimming through the stats during the game. They had Selwyn on 1 error (good by his standards), then he spilt a bomb, which fortunately ended up going backwards. Wasn't recorded as an error. Maybe that's right, I don't know. Looked like an error.

I would rest Cobbo obviously, with Limited mins for Haas and Carrigan and keep Walsh at fullback.

Walsh held back alot in that game I bet he barely broke a sweat.

He has been one of our best in cup this year and he has about a combined 60 minutes of nrl. For a freshly 21 year old who has spent more time in his career injured on the sidelines than playing he is doing alright. People like you, who have no fucken idea what he is doing away from the nrl field yet complain like there is no fucking tomorrow need to keep quiet. It’s not a great look when you are outraged off 60 minutes of football and seem to have not looked at any other remote indication of where he is or should be at. You’d swear he was on 1 million a year for **** sakes. 400k is a lot for his age but for someone with the reputation he had I would chuck the same deal at the next kid if it meant keeping them. In the grand scheme of things if your cap is fucked over a 400k deal you have bigger issues than that kid. We are winning footy and I still see plenty of talent there that warrants hanging in there for a while to see if we can get a return. Sick of this overnight success bullshit that has to occur with everybody, it’s even more ridiculous that anyone expects it from the guy who actually has a reason for delayed development. That’s my rant over but I just find it ludicrous the amount of hate he has got.
Agree with all this respectfully - but theres nothing you or anyone else can do to convince me that contract was nothing but blind overs for potential. Plus as you said unecessary presur eon a kid at this stage of his development.

I truly wish him luck, i think hes a fantastic talent. Our new Carlaw...

I know theres little to no love for the Broncos from our current Origin coach, but i cant help but feel chuffed about just how excited Slater is to be coaching Recce.

Its clear he sees a lot of himself in him at a similar age.

And theres no better mentor in the game for Recce than Slater. Its a true win-win scenario.

Having said that, i was quite impressed with Tristan at fullback last game, and i have zero doubts that should he be called upon again for the Sharks game he'd not let anyone down.

The depth the club has right now in most positions is quite pleasing. Lets hope thought the team can stay relatively healthy through the Origin period.

Agree with all this respectfully - but theres nothing you or anyone else can do to convince me that contract was nothing but blind overs for potential. Plus as you said unecessary presur eon a kid at this stage of his development.

I truly wish him luck, i think hes a fantastic talent. Our new Carlaw...
You could argue that if you want but I can't see how a bloke who dominated junior footy and was training in your squad to be blind overs more like risky overs. At the end of the day we can't say its unnecessary pressure cause without that offer he wouldn't be here. David Fifita and Jeremiah Nanai are about the only super young blokes to excel in that position at such a young age in this comp over the past number of years. Jordan Riki at 23 is nearly unheard of. Keaon and Haumoale are both 24. The contract wasn't 400k a year for him to provide 400k worth of value for us through that time it was so that the highest rated second-rower in the country stayed at our fucken club. Look you can't do that for every player but for some that we deem worth it you can. Until he has played more NRL footy or left the club not really worth commenting on whether it was or wasn't a good deal cause the deal was to keep him. If they wanted to spend 400k on a player that would do their job week in week out for 3 years they wouldn't have signed him and that was clearly not the expectation laid on him. They aren't that fucken stupid to have made a deal like that just for shits and giggles if they didn't think he was worth keeping.

I think any win in this period is a bonus and we will be up against a side with only Hynes backing up off limited minutes in origin no doubt. I suspect Patty will play big minutes and there are obviously question marks over Payne’s ankle so I’d rest them both. I would actually like to give these kids or at least most of them another go, they showed they can definitely compete. I’d only consider playing the origin guys if they come back fresh and wanting to play. We are in a bit of a situation where we can do a bit more managing than we otherwise might and it could be short term pain for back end gain. I want to see Sailor, Mariner, Piakura and Willison get more time and exposure at this level.
cant disagree Sproj. history shows sides that win the comp. usually. make a run about 7 games out. stay in touch but dont get over emotional about games during this period. We have done the early work and banked wins. set for the run in. i just hope the byes dont break mkmentum for us.. sometimes it better to play. 3 byesback end isnt great

cant disagree Sproj. history shows sides that win the comp. usually. make a run about 7 games out. stay in touch but dont get over emotional about games during this period. We have done the early work and banked wins. set for the run in. i just hope the byes dont break mkmentum for us.. sometimes it better to play. 3 byesback end isnt great

Haha, have you never visited this forum before? I've seen people go off about our season being over after wins....

Everyone is backing up outside of Selwyn it appears. Arthars to right wing and Oatesy returns appears to be the go but I can’t be certain Arthars is the right winger that’s just what I took from Oates to replace Cobbo in the side (presumably swapping wings with Arthars).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • The Don
  • cento
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.