PRE-GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

Like when he was taken out by that disgusting, woman bashing gronk, Taylan May?
I gotta laugh at the irony of all the people in the media saying it was an accident by Taylan may and its not his go, then 1 month later getting his contract torn up for domestic violence lol. Yep, suuuuuuure he didn't mean it.... it was 10 x worse then sualiis and sualiis was bloody bad. May literally jumped off the ground.

Part of the whole concussion test appears to be around previous history of concussions (below)

Walsh is classed as a generational talent.... keep hitting him high and concussing him ... he'll retire early (like Keary and possibly Ponga)... until then just keep hitting him high and HIA's will rule him out anyway (current Ponga and Keary)... you won't get suspended that much anyway (JWH, NAS, Suaalii, Taylan May, etc.... basically every NRL player) so what does it matter in the short term
100% this.

I think club games should just be suspended for Origin. It’s not fair that teams with a few players playing SOO should have to potentially play other clubs at practically full strength.

It’s not difficult.

When England play football, the premier league and championship are suspended. Fair for everyone.

I think club games should just be suspended for Origin. It’s not fair that teams with a few players playing SOO should have to potentially play other clubs at practically full strength.

It’s not difficult.

When England play football, the premier league and championship are suspended. Fair for everyone.
Media have now lost Reece for the next two weeks... on top of Broncos being a banged up team anyway.

If Reece starts showing concussion symptoms then they can look to remove him from origin marketting campaigns as well... because if I'm the broncos I dont want him playing game 2 at this point.

Only way something will change is if you impact on ratings, and Reece is a big draw card... or if it happens to a NSW darling.

It’s not difficult.

Yes, it should be played over three consecutive weeks on Wednesday night. Over which time the NRL is suspended. There is no need for ten days prep for each game as most of the players would remain in camp. Which would make for a more cohesive team.

That would free three weekends for carnival style matches, maybe even rotating between marquee grounds like Magic Round.

I would suggest (for example):

1. Women's state of origin final
2. Women's world Cup
3. Pacific Cup (PNG plus various Island teams play a knockout).
4. Country carnival, Country vs City
5. Police vs Army (etc)

Basically make June the Ekka of Rugby League.

Yes, it should be played over three consecutive weeks on Wednesday night. Over which time the NRL is suspended. There is no need for ten days prep for each game as most of the players would remain in camp. Which would make for a more cohesive team.

That would free three weekends for carnival style matches, maybe even rotating between marquee grounds like Magic Round.

I would suggest (for example):

1. Women's state of origin final
2. Women's world Cup
3. Pacific Cup (PNG plus various Island teams play a knockout).
4. Country carnival, Country vs City
5. Police vs Army (etc)

Basically make June the Ekka of Rugby League.

OK !
So for everyone who didn`t make the 20 man squads fck your match fitness and all that preseason you did to get to peak fitness .

I would also predict a bunch of injuries from not being match fit .

Then every other grade has to take a time out for 3 weeks during their season ?

The season will be longer and less teams will play each other twice .

I listened to Gus ...

OK !
So for everyone who didn`t make the 20 man squads fck your match fitness and all that preseason you did to get to peak fitness .

I listened to Gus ...
We currently have 3 byes.

I thought we had 2

Media have now lost Reece for the next two weeks... on top of Broncos being a banged up team anyway.

If Reece starts showing concussion symptoms then they can look to remove him from origin marketting campaigns as well... because if I'm the broncos I dont want him playing game 2 at this point.

Only way something will change is if you impact on ratings, and Reece is a big draw card... or if it happens to a NSW darling.
Slater should use that to his advantage - everyone knows the numbers Walsh brings in, the kid is a massive drawcard with a demographic that the NRL have never had a strong pull with (young females).

Slater should put pressure on the NRL to protect their stars or he can't pick him if he's just going to receive targetted attempts to injure him, late and off the ball. This debate comes up every 5 years or so, several years ago, 6s and 7s were getting dunked, smashed after kicking etc. Hardly see it these days but it is starting to creep back in. Joey and others were livid, up in arms. "Must defend the stars of our game". Where you at Joey? So much CTE you can't even remember what you stood for a few years back?

OK !

I listened to Gus ...

Every player who isn't involved in rep footy wins a consolation prize they can show their friends and family.

I hope we win. Still at least we aren't like a certain team that my household goes for even though she is 16th 🤭😂😂

Have we got any word on whether Sailor is genuinely fit to play?

Active Now

• theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronx48
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • Jason Simmons
  • winslow_wong
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  • leish107
  • Financeguy
  • Tim K
  • Dexter
  • Fozz
  • bert_lifts
  • simplythebest
  • Dash
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.