Night
19:35

Sharks

Team Lists

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Exactly. Given the position we’re in now, all we should do is get as many W’s through the Origin period as we can. Our real performance will come after R20 for mine.

Premierships are never won in the 1st half of the season.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It's a wide open top four, Melbourne, Penrith and ourselves have been missing or still are missing crucial spine players. NZ are a bit all over the shop as are the Roosters. The team that stays the healthiest will be very prominent when it counts.

We just need to tick over a few wins during Origin, get our players back healthy, have them focused purely on the NRL and not Origin, we're in a pretty good spot given some of the things that haven't gone our way this season.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
And despite this, we sit either equal wins in top four or one behind depending on the Roosters result and the third best attack in the comp despite the toughest draw out of anyone and injuries / busted players galore. There’s your reasons for us struggling, it’s hard to get cohesion when you’ve got different blokes playing next to you very week.

We’ve been average all season and are right now, in equal fourth place. Far from our season being over, we are ready to give this thing a massive shake.
You can't be serious. Do you think we will beat the storm or Panthers this year? Already beaten twice by the Rooster's. Can you please remind me of how you win a grand final? Never mind, I'll ask Nathan Cleary.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
We will absolutely beat anyone when we’ve 1-17 first choice players playing 80min straight & HEALTHY.

On the 2 games against Rotters, Storm Cheats & Penriff, we had injured players and didn’t close out the games with 17 players. I’m not calling it as the cause mind you but I’m saying that we will beat them.

Do you reckon the players themselves & the coaching staff together wouldn’t learn a thing from the L’s we had this season thus far? Don’t you think they would make amends & feel responsible collectively to play better?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
concerns were definitely still present before Reynolds injury but it’s astounding how for some teams, losing their halfback sees them crumble in so many facets of the game that it shouldn’t impact.

it’s not just attack, our defence goes to water when he’s missing too. Line speed and effort drop significantly. The exact same happened with the eels and Moses.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fixing our Attitude in defence is all I really want. Our attack is fine but of course we just need to respect the ball a bit more. We’ve fallen into the trap where we know we’re a good team but haven’t really been earning it this year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You can't be serious. Do you think we will beat the storm or Panthers this year? Already beaten twice by the Rooster's. Can you please remind me of how you win a grand final? Never mind, I'll ask Nathan Cleary.

I mean, can you be serious?

Just in the Storm alone, we were dropped ball and two VERY questionable tries to them from beating them with players out and losing Reynolds at half time at their home. So can I see us beating them? Well yeah.

Can I see us beating Penrith? If we are healthy, absolutely.

This comp right now is throwing up all sorts of results and will do so over the origin period. At this exact point last year we were all worried about similar things and then post-origin we exploded.

Will we do the same this year? I don’t know but you’d be pretty silly to write us off at this precise moment as you are doing.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
concerns were definitely still present before Reynolds injury but it’s astounding how for some teams, losing their halfback sees them crumble in so many facets of the game that it shouldn’t impact.

it’s not just attack, our defence goes to water when he’s missing too. Line speed and effort drop significantly. The exact same happened with the eels and Moses.
The Storm are VERY beatable without Jahrome Hughes.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It's more the way we are losing that has me thinking the season is done. As said, we have the cattle, I'm wondering what's going on with the coaching side of the equation. And for God's sake, this isn't a sack Kevie thing.

Injuries and a tough draw have played a huge part, but the lack of cohesion, and discipline with the ball is killing our season.

His highness, Lord Bennett always said defence is about attitude. The team looks tired and down on confidence. The coaching staff would be concerned and trying to address it, but I'm not sure what they can do.

Our edge defence and spine aren't firing. Billy is having a terrible season. Ezra is hot and cold. Not sure what to say about Walsh, maybe he's trying too hard?

It's a relatively young team. Reynolds influence can't be understated in 2023.
Whenever we lose it seems like the end of the world.

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
The Dragons have given the rest of the comp hope .
Quote of the year!

No Edwards,To'o,Laui,Martin,Yeo and there was one other bloke missing too.
That game last week was a big dent for us, our defence was embarrassing.
The game against Sharks next week has become pretty crucial for us now and they are coming off 2 losses.
This game and the game 3 days after the third origin will tell me exactly how our season is going.
If Reynolds was fit I'd agree 100% with all the optimists but to compare our team now to this time last year without him, well, another word other than optimistic springs to mind.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Quote of the year!

The game against Sharks next week has become pretty crucial for us now and they are coming off 2 losses.
This game and the game 3 days after the third origin will tell me exactly how our season is going.
If Reynolds was fit I'd agree 100% with all the optimists but to compare our team now to this time last year without him, well, another word other than optimistic springs to mind.

Glass_Half_Full_bw_1.JPG

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Quote of the year!

Based on evidence thus far and the fact we are still winning more than we are losing despite all the injuries and disruptions - realistic?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Based on evidence thus far and the fact we are still winning more than we are losing despite all the injuries and disruptions - realistic?
Losing more than you win gets you 14th place on the ladder currently: Titans (new coach), Eels (sacked coach), Tigers (new coach), Rabbitohs (sacked coach).

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Losing more than you win gets you 14th place on the ladder currently: Titans (new coach), Eels (sacked coach), Tigers (new coach), Rabbitohs (sacked coach).

Oh right, I didn't realise we were sitting in 14th.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.