10. Jensen
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hunt
17. Gosiewski
I think Patty will still play, but only play reduced minutes... like 40mins or something... but I'm thinking Kevvie could name them all, because he has to name them on Tuesday, and then pull players out Thur, Fri when they're back from origin and the medical team get a look at them.

So although I think Kevvie will name them all... or at least name them in the extended... I think Reece and Payne are the biggest chances of being rested.

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Karapani
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Baker/Haas (unsure... but Haas could be named just so Kevvie has him if he needs him for a 30mins stint or something... entirely dependent on his knee)
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Patty (reduced minutes... off at 25/30mins mark no matter what)

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Gosiewski / Hunt (Hunt could be a chance because he covers more middle than Gos)

18. Hunt / Baker (Hunt offers a bit more flexibility, but Baker offers more middle coverage)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We will avenge last weeks L by thumping Tits when we meet them next in R22. A huge cricket score is waiting in the cards. But first though, irrespective of who plays the next 2 games, we should walk away with W’s.

reverse of what happened last season ... but still works for me.

i.e. last season we thumped them in round 7 and lost to them in round 17

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So although I think Kevvie will name them all... or at least name them in the extended... I think Reece and Payne are the biggest chances of being rested.

I don't know about Payne, because that guy is a machine ... but I definitely see Kevvie resting Walsh. especially as he said Walsh backing up after the Origin was what caused the ref spray suspension last year

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I don't know about Payne, because that guy is a machine ... but I definitely see Kevvie resting Walsh. especially as he said Walsh backing up after the Origin was what caused the ref spray suspension last year
I think if he didn't have the knee issue then he would be backing up for sure... both he and Patty backed up after games 1 & 2 and played about 50mins each compared to the 60+ they were playing across the rest of the year.

I think Payne is a chance of backing up, but it will depend on how the knee pulls up and how much NSW run him into the ground.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think everyone is going to be backing up and they will be rested for the Warriors game.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
I reckon Walsh will be rested for Saturdays game & by doing so, he will end up playing 2 back to back games (Origin 1 & Vs Rabbits) in Accor

His 3rd game @Accor will be our Grand final this year. All in all, I see him being victorious in all 3 games.

Reece lightning will strike hard Accor this year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Happy for us to rest all our Origin Stars but I think Cobbo can probably back up if he doesn't play big minutes. He would be handy at fullback this weekend with all our injuries to the backline.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Happy for us to rest all our Origin Stars but I think Cobbo can probably back up if he doesn't play big minutes. He would be handy at fullback this weekend with all our injuries to the backline.
Not just handy, we literally don't have anyone else left to fill in at the back.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not just handy, we literally don't have anyone else left to fill in at the back.
In a worst case scenario, it would default to Toia who played in the third trial against Manly. That was an unhappy afternoon for Toia, he made a mistake deep in Manly's half and came from the field right after Manly scored off the back of it.

I never heard anything, but I presume he suffered an injury since he missed the opening seven rounds of the QCup.

Toia's replacement was Hoeter who had a good game. Unfortunately he'll be unavailable for this clash.

I'd be curious to know who is training where right now.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Its going to have to be Cobbo or Walsh backs up right? if not maybe Mariner? We really can't cop any more injuries to our backs.. its unbelievable

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
There is literally no one else thats fit enough from our top 30 roster. Maybe they just gift it to a Qcup journeyman or something?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Has Ezra ever played fullback coming up the ranks? I mean if nikorima can do it..

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL2024BHQTeamListRound14

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Has Ezra ever played fullback coming up the ranks? I mean if nikorima can do it..
I thought the same thing, but boy he would be a loss at 5/8. Plus i wonder if he has the fitness. He seems to have a bit of a troublesome leg at times.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.