Round 14 - Broncos vs Raiders - Post Match Discussion

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I had no problem with the midfield grubber. 24-0 is the time to try it, not when it's close. Canberra looked shattered and if it had come off we would have buried them even further

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
john1420 said:
Nashy said:
I think they played really well. But to let a team as useless as Canberra come back from 24 - 0, to be 24 all in Golden Point is absolutely not acceptable. I can't believe people seem to be okay with that.

You focus on the crap 15 mins, I focus on the outstanding 65 mins.

Sure the Raiders are rubbish, but the Broncos were missing 5 of the best for origin and another 5-7 injured as i understand it.

How anybody can be unhappy with that is beyond me.

Are you **** kidding me? We were up 24 - 0. That's brilliant. But then we let in 24 points in 9 minutes. That problem far outweighs how good we played leading up to that time.

It doesn't matter how good you are at the start of the match. If you can't continue that, then there is something wrong, and something needs to be done.

I can't believe I'm the only person who thinks that what happened last night is completely unacceptable.

It's almost as if people are happy to let it slide just because it was the "baby Broncos".

So what would your solution be then?

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
Meh, I'm happy with the effort. Wasn't super confident in winning this one so the 2 points are great.
Considering the Titans who were equal bottom with Canberra before the round got up against an understrength St George team down there, I'm super happy that we got away with this one.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
This isn't about me having a solution to how to stop a team of football players, letting the worst team in the competition let in 24 points in a 9 minute period.

However, one thing would be to let them know that it was totally un-acceptable.

I can't believe people are happy with that. I really, really don't understand. It's like the forums allow the Baby Broncos to play like shit, and it doesn't matter. They treat it like the puppy who just peeds on the floor.

"Awww. but he's so cute and young... awwww"

Like it or not. The Baby Broncos are the Brisbane Broncos.

I still don't understand why people wrote us off for this game. Why? No one has answered that, they all just seem tobe agreeing with each other based on nothing. Because it's a young team missing stars?

Big fucking deal. That young team missing stars has more then enough talent to beat a team of absolute nuffies like the Raiders. We should have NEVER lost that game.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I don't want to get into a personal thing, so please don't think I am attacking you personally Nashy - but gee whiz dude, I think you are a harsh critic.

I am happy that a team of youngsters showed enough talent to dominate an opponent, even if that opponent is a bunch of nuffies

I am even happier that when it all turned to crap, they were able to re-compose themselves and pull off a golden point win

I am disgusted with the 15 mins that caused the golden point to be required - and that will need to be addressed through the week as I'm sure it will be

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I hope it's not addressed the same way as half the users on here. If our coaching staff are saying that it's ok because they won, or ok because they are young and the won most of the match, then we need new coaches.

I hope those players have saw arses from having the coaching staff's boots lauched up them.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I hope the coaching staff are professional enough not to say it's OK coz they won.

That 15 mins was deadset pathetic and downright unacceptable - simple as that

But 65 mins was excellent, and that should not be overlooked either

The coaches need to praise the boys for what they did well and kick em in the pants for the stuff they got wrong

To focus entirely on one over the other (no matter which one) is the equal error

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I have praised. It was brilliant what they did. But it was a complete let down when in 9 minutes, they let the worst team in the comp do that.

Anyway. I'm done arguing the point.

No one wants to tell me why we were going to lose no matter what, it seems to just be an excuse to make a horrible result look a bit better.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
That 10 minute period where we dropped off was purely due to inexperience. That's what happens in an inexperienced, fatigued side. It's inexperience. It's OK. They will learn from that. Look at the under 20's - Cricket scores every week. Lack of focus/concentration = poor defence. It's ok because it's actually quite normal!

They don't need a boot launched up their arse. They need to be told where they went wrong, given some encourage and say WELL DONE considering they played ABOVE the expected standard for the most part of the game.

Glad you're not coach Nashy.

Could say the same about anyone who has posted in this thread.

"Good game boys. 24 - 0 up and you only one by a field goal. that's ok though. You're young. Here, lets go and get ice cream. Coach is paying!"

*Young broncos proceed to learn nothing*

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
In any game of league I reckon 90% of teams will drop off for at least 10 minutes. What made this occasion so appalling was the number of points scored in that short time, but this was due to a number of factors - the Broncos didn't touch the ball in that entire period, a couple of decisions went the Raiders' way, and the usual person to take control and calm everyone down in these situations wasn't there (Lockyer).

It's bad, yes, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that it should be ignored. But it's not nearly as bad as the scoreline made it look.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'll take the win for what it was.

2 valuable competition points during Origin.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Nashy said:
I have praised. It was brilliant what they did. But it was a complete let down when in 9 minutes, they let the worst team in the comp do that.

Anyway. I'm done arguing the point.

No one wants to tell me why we were going to lose no matter what, it seems to just be an excuse to make a horrible result look a bit better.

A horrible result? How can it possibly be a horrible result if we actually WON. Yes they are the worst team in the comp, but we were without Lockyer, Hodges, Yow Yeh, Hannant, Thaiday, Parker, Teo and Gillett - That's EIGHT of our starting 17 and 8 of our BEST starting 17.

We weren't even favourites to win! So how can a WIN be a "horrible result"?

Yes we were.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think you expect too much from a player that puts on the Broncos jersey nashy. Sure we should not have let them score 4 tries and it was simply not good enough but no need to shit on them.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not going to kiss their ass because they're young.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I can't help but feel Nashy is baiting, The way he spoke about the team last night over the Xbox was very different.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not baiting. I do think the team played well for the better part of the game. For a young team, what they pulled off was brilliant.

However. They were playing a team where I would expect nothing less.

Then they let in 24 points in 9 minutes. That's not acceptable.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
schmix said:
In any game of league I reckon 90% of teams will drop off for at least 10 minutes. What made this occasion so appalling was the number of points scored in that short time, but this was due to a number of factors - the Broncos didn't touch the ball in that entire period, a couple of decisions went the Raiders' way, and the usual person to take control and calm everyone down in these situations wasn't there (Lockyer).

It's bad, yes, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that it should be ignored. But it's not nearly as bad as the scoreline made it look.
This^^^^ and the inexperience of what basically was an "enriched" Toyota cup team.

Let's also not forget that the Raiders are not a team of nuffies, but a good team down on confidence and belief, trained by a moron...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This s**t pack team did manage to defeat Melbourne in Melbourne...

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.