/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

3. Boyd (career best form)
2. Pangai Jr (just the monster we were looking for)
1. McGuire (huge once again)

Pangai was on the field for like 10 minutes and he was your second best player? :lol:

Corey Parker would like a word with you!

I thought Wadell was much improved, but didn't get the ball to Hunt enough, especially when we were close to the line. Not sure if it was him, or Hunt not calling for it.

In there first half we had a whole set on their line and Hunt didn't touch the ball once. We need our halfback more involved at first receiver. Compare that to how much you'd expect JT to have his hands on the ball in that situation. Despite that, Hunt looked good at times, mainly playing off the back of Parker and Blair taking the ball to the line. Milf also created some chances, and was roaming both sides of the field which I liked to see.

How's Kahu's luck... Poor bastard, gets the centre position- does his Peck... Who the hell covers that one with Glenn out too??

How's Kahu's luck... Poor bastard, gets the centre position- does his Peck... Who the hell covers that one with Glenn out too??

Opacic will be next in line i would think.

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Hunt a bit better tonight, but that's understandable... "he really likes having Gillett inside him"! :shocked: :laugh:

Last edited:
1. Boyd - Fantastic game, scored the easiest hattrick I've seen from anyone. 9
2. Oates - Looked like he was playing busted most of the game but showed what we've been missing. Switched to center in attack and even defense later in the game and his late run was huge. 8
5. Kahu - Looked very dangerous while out there and defended well but looked like he picked up a potentially bad injury right when we need him. 5
4. Roberts - He is frustrating, keeps showing signs but just not having an impact, some nice reads in defense. 6
18. Eden - Useless, I'm sure you could find something good if you turned your head, squinted and mistook him for someone else. Errors galore and the rare feat of basically making minus meters. He showed up so by default can't get a zero. 1
6. Milford - The signs are there, expect him to explode after the byes. 7
7. Hunt - I thought he was good, still some stupid things but made some nice plays and some big hits in defense. 7.5
8. McGuire - Immense, made every run count and had a huge impact on the game. 9
9. Waddell - Where did that come from? He keeps that up and we might seriously have a headache on our hands when Macca comes back (waits to be torn apart for that comment), he tired at the end when being forced to come back on due to injuries but he was impressive. 8
14. Wallace - @Unbreakable, thoughts? Another ripping game from the much maligned prop, huge hits, good runs and he is showing amazing consistency that is rewarded with a deserved start. 8.5
11. Glenn - Was decent while out there but another potentially serious injury. Bummer. 5
12. Gillett - Best second-rower in the game now, huge hits every tackle, he doesn't miss and some well timed runs and even decoys, very hard to fault. 9
13. Parker - The gift that keeps on giving, scored a well deserved try but swatting current and former Raiders alike. Great game. 9

10. Thaiday - I admit, he hasn't been as bad as some of us have made out, I thought he was good tonight, hope his injury is minor. 7
15. Pangai Jr - I love Joffa but this kid is something else! Barnstorming runner, huge hits, footwork, he is going to be special isn't he! 7
16. Blair - Excellent initial impact which I didn't think he would be able to do and while he slowed up a little towards the end, it was only a little. He was great. 8
17. KNik - He really is turning into a mr. Fixit and as sad as it is, I think he would be better served going to the Storm to play one position. I don't want to lose him though as he is just good at everything he does. 6

The fade is only a concern if we keep losing half or more of our bench. We were well in control before then.

Forwards were much better tonight, loved the impact from blair and Thaiday... Wallace started well and made some nice tackles and TPJ is looking very ominous... he could be a weapon!! Attack looked the better from this. Much improved but still a way to go

Wish Pangai got some more game time, the guy is a beast!

The dude is so young
lets not break him early
we only need him playing short minutes to start
bennett know how to bring on young props

Dobbo says that Kahu's torn a pec - out for the season. Praying that he's wrong as it's an 'early diagnosis' :pray:

Nice to be back in the winner's circle.

Early on, it was obvious from the body language and application that the losses had a real impact on the psyche of the side. The calls weren't going the Broncos way early, but even then there wasn't the intent that had been there in March in April. It took them awhile to find their rhythm, but once they had repelled the Raiders for a few sets and brought Blair on the field they went to another level. I doubt we'll see Bennett use the same tactic twice, but I wonder if Wallace shouldering the early grunt worked allowed Blair to play with extra impact? Either way the Broncos started to make better contact in the tackles and the Raiders couldn't handle it. Gillett brought an Origin intensity that has been sorely missing and is a secret ingredient that really shouldn't be secret to any Broncos supporter - he's been doing that all night.

The Raiders couldn't go with the Broncos and they were like putty, too worried about the outside threats and just allowing the Broncos to roll through them in the middle. I know Boyd scored two tries and did well after that painful looking tackle from Paulo but you may as well give a TA to Roberts who had the defence in two minds on both occasions (albeit he ran a stupid line for Boyd's first try).

Unfortunately injuries crept into the game and it seemed like deja vu all over again. Glenn was done for the night, which hurt since he was playing well. But then Kahu went off. I feel sorry for Kahu, whenever he's given the keys to the castle he somehow gets them taken off him in unfair ways. Fingers crossed both he and Reed pull up OK.

Hated the first Baptiste try. I've been in Sam's corner of late, I think people had short memories and weren't giving credit where it was due. However, that's a third below par performance from him. Maybe he'll be better after the bye, if the Broncos are to compete for a premiership they need Sam to play like he's a starting rep forward masqerading as a bench player instead of the other way around.

There were a couple of anxious moments around this time. The Broncos had plenty of reasons to lose their heads especially after the fluke try to Austin but they showed some composure, particularly in defence and got through it. How interesting was the shot of Wayne inside the last ten minutes? I haven't seen him that anxious since the golden point clash vs the Cowboys, the win must have meant a lot internally.

Win is a win, the team looks better with individuals selected in the right roles and as long as the injuries aren't too bad we can look forward to the Round 16 clash v Canterbury.

Score doesn't reflect the game. We dominated the majority and lead 24-0 at the 60th minute.

Having said that, I loved the way we lifted after we scored the first try. The forwards made plenty of ground and dominated the oppositions pack. And because of that, we went into the break 18-0. It did wonders for our attack.

If oats play state of origin. Will Wayne give him reset to him or other players. State of origin is on Wednesday and Broncos will play on Saturday with Bulldogs at there home game. So tonight we lost two player. I think opacic gone be one player. Sam gone take Glenn spot. So there gone be bench spot. Today Team better perform. There is lot of work need to done.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.