Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Dobbo says that Kahu's torn a pec - out for the season. Praying that he's wrong as it's an 'early diagnosis' :pray:

Means we lose our fullback during the rest of the origin period too.... Kodi to fullback or maybe Maranta? (Shudders)

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
I liked the tactic of Wallace and McGuire starting and Thaiday and Blair coming off the bench. They seemed to have more impact and we gained a lot of momentum when they came on.

If Wallace and McGuire can at minimum keep pace with their opposite numbers to start the game I like the idea of the fro bro's coming off the bench to lift the intensity against opposing benchies.

L

lionred

NYC Player
Feb 9, 2015
Thought Canberra were terrible tonight and lucky for us. Guttered for Kahu. We seemed to be dropping like flies tonight. Corey was outstanding as well as Blair. Gilletts defence solid and wallace looked better in his second stint of the night. Still not convinced with him starting though. Awesome to see wadell play well. TPJ put in a great 20 minutes but again was really tired by the end of that and dont see him starting or playing many more minutes yet - not taking away from his efforts in that time though cos thats what we need.

Last edited:
Nepal Donkeys

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015
I'd be happy if Greg Eden never wears a Broncos jersey again, the guy scares the daylights out of me when they kick at him.

Rotten luck if Kahu is out.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thought Canberra were terrible tonight and lucky for us.

Their execution was off early in the game, but Canberra are similar to the Broncos in that they float in and out of games. Brisbane seemed to account for this, did their homework on Leilua and Rapana and made them look foolish from the 20-50th minute. The game changed when Thaiday mucked up the hit-and-spin play for Boyd. Had the Broncos executed that, they go on with it. Instead, they mucked it up, gave away a penalty and then conceded an extremely soft try. It wasn't good enough and I hope that Glenn's injury isn't too serious.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Strange game. There were some better signs for Brisbane but the Raiders were woeful, so hard to get a guide. Still a bit worried about Milf and Hunt. Just not quite there again tonight for them.

Some nice efforts in there and some hard luck stories but surely Eden has not only hammered the last nail into his coffin at the broncos but added some liquid nails and screws just to make sure. That was bad and he knew it the poor bugger.

Was it just me or were Canberra allowed to commit absolute murder in the ruck all game? To add to that I thought we were harshly dealt with every time we decided to play the same card. To me it seemed like a definite ploy by them to really rough us up in the ruck and go out of there way to do it. I thought the refs could of blown the pea out of the whistle if they wanted to.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We might have both Eden and Maranta in the side next time. :argh:

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Was it just me or were Canberra allowed to commit absolute murder in the ruck all game? To add to that I thought we were harshly dealt with every time we decided to play the same card.

It's not just you, but we bring it on ourselves by being so clean in the ruck. If we went to Cowboys/Storm levels of holding down every tackle, we would be much better off.

Quick play the balls allowed Baptiste to score both his tries.

Seriously, count out each tackle from held, until the ball's played. Even an average of an extra second per tackle makes a pretty big difference.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
As mentioned, Waddell was surprisingly good for us.

Eden, probably worst on ground. Thankfully not as bad as Maranta was last week. Absolute shit depth in the wing position.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Really hard to get a gauge on this as a guide. The Raiders D was useless, just sliding like that and not getting off the line gifted us 3 tries.

Sam was ordinary again especially his marker work when Baptiste scored his first. Broke right when there was no one there, literally no one for 15 mtrs.
He really is playing like someone who is going through the motions.

Hunt showed glimpses as did Milf but the big problem for us is outside backs. Apart from promising rookies the cupboard is bare. A pre June 30 purchase might be in order, watch this space . Maybe WB will drag a player back from England.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Disappointing to let the Raiders back in, but all of their tries came after our injuries.

We were down to 15 men, it was bound to hurt us a bit. But the Broncos finished them off and ended any chance of a comeback.

Parker's decision to not take the two in the first half, I liked that. He wanted tries, not penalty goals.

I don't think we performed badly. We made the Raiders play poorly. We forced them to make mistakes and we made them pay for them. It was a much improved performance.

Waddell.. If he can keep playing like that I would love to have him in the side until Macca gets back. Quality performance. But he has been known to dish up those and then go back to his usual self the following game.

The bye will be handy. Hopefully Kahu and Glenn are not too badly injured although it doesn't look good.

Oates also wasn't 100% out there. I noticed him out on that wing a couple of times looking like he was in a bit of pain.

It wasn't a pretty win, but it's the win they needed.

Last edited:
T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
much better tonight and i reckon that coincides with mcguire playing back in the middle. his go forward was enormous. the rocket up blairs rear end worked too.

on a more worrying note, i fear that oates wont get through the year. that left shoulder of his is of real concern. there was a point in the second half where he looked in real trouble but battled through.
i reckon edens papers were stamped tonight, we have bugger all outside back depth, but i reckon seve will come in.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
13428462_1188768501155225_1918414053713140047_n.jpg

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This should be Greg Edens card at the Broncos from now on:

1465528793.jpg

At this point i don't really care if the young outside backs have been killing it in the ISC ... select the player who has the most potential and give them a shot ... they couldn't be worse than Eden

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Good to get a win and end the losing streak which is the main thing. We were easily more than 8 points better than the Raiders they fought back to their credit but the damage was done and they never really looked like winning. Boyd was superb yet again (mom for mine) and Mcguire and Gillett had big games in the forwards. Good to see Parker kick 5/5 with the boot and he is now level with Freddie for most games played.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
This isn't related to tonight but I was just reading the Fox Sports report about the game and it said that Darius Boyd was back to his 2010 Clive Churchill medal form. They should say 2010 form, Boyd was great in 2010 but he was just ok in the grand final. Solid without standing out or doing anything special. Jason Nightingale or Dean Young should've won the medal, maybe Nightingale if i was threatened over it.

I watched the 2010 Grand Final just a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.