Round 14 - Broncos vs. Tigers - Post Match Discussion

So stop watching and curl up in a ball or something, Brisbane are still in the race. Hell with a good run even the Tigers could make the finals.
I agree, I think it is game on. It is a cliche, but all they have to concentrate on is their own performance and win the next game. If they keep doing that & keep improving in performance & attitude, the eight will take care of itself. Conversely, if they keep playing the way they played against Canberra & the warriors, the season will be over fairly quickly.

What I want to see is a win over the warriors, a super competitive effort against the Storm & a win against the Sharks.

How is the year gone? it's not gone and is far from gone. Yeah the team is playing like shit most weeks however we are one win out of the 8. Until we are zero chance of making the finals the year is not gone.

We've got no chance of the premiership, absolutely none - that's the aim of every season, so this year is gone. We simply don't have the game to match it with the likes of the top 4. At our best we can stay in touch for 50-60mins but that's it.

As you say - the team is playing like shit most weeks. We don't deserve a top 8 spot the way we've played for the majority of this year - the reality of that fucking hurts but it's the truth. And if we do make the 8 we're just making up the numbers, so what's the point? I'd prefer to see the team start building towards next year to get a head start. Why not, what's to lose? Nothing to lose and everything to gain IMO.

And this ****es me off too. This year is gone. GONE. Start to work for next year, FMD. How would Hook feel as a young bloke in the 20's or Q-Cup, watching the Broncos play and seeing Norman's pea heart rewarded week after week after week? He has no respect for the jersey. **** him. And **** Hook for allowing the rot to continue. So very un-Bronco-like.

/rant

Not gone yet Davey but the writing is on the wall. I know there are those who r hoping for a miracle run into the finals (I am one of them) but we simply don't have the cattle, we will probably end up 11th or 12th. I am all for rebuilding but it has to start from the top, Hook needs to join Mickey Arthur in the unemployment line and Sammy has to be relieved of the captaincy. When these 2 things occur (if they ever do), then forward progession will start to happen.

The writing on the wall says at least for the rest of the year work hard on combinations and game plan strategies - like the forwards passing game, defensive line speed and effective tackling.

Rebuilding isn't just about spending money on players or coaches

In any case, the year isn't over till the last game

The writing on the wall says at least for the rest of the year work hard on combinations and game plan strategies - like the forwards passing game, defensive line speed and effective tackling.

Rebuilding isn't just about spending money on players or coaches

In any case, the year isn't over till the last game

I agree - all the more reason to dump players who won't be here next year.

Now, Hook has to be clear about Thaiday's ONLY position. If he plays him at prop again he should have his contract torn up

Absolutely. Thaiday was one of the best back rowers in the NRL. Now he's a so so prop. It's not just him though. A lot of the current sqaud used to be creative, attacking players. Another example is David Stagg. He was an 80 minute workhorse but we're now trying to turn him into a 20 min impact player. Very frustrating.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Spike
  • Fitzy
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • BRC088
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • kiwibronco
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.