Round 14 Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You have time to watch these games but you're out playing Tennis while the Broncos are playing.

LOL!

I didn't watch the games tonight as I was out earning a crust.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Manly looks short on go forward. G-Stew is underdone and with King out for the season there really isn't a lot of go forward on offer after Lawrence and Kite. Horo and Watmough are having to do a hell of a lot of work and over the rest of the season I'm not sure they can keep it up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
No wonder Dragons threw so much coin at Widdop.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That Reynolds try shouldn't have been given.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I thought he was short and then lost the ball but no camera angle proved it so had to be kept a try.

Even though I hate Manly I thought they were a bit hard done by with that penalty and then the extra 10 metres. It was still a tough kick to finish it.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The Cowboys defended their own line extremely well and hung on for a gritty win although the Dragons attack besides from Dugan, Morris and Nightingale is pretty average. Superb performance from JT shows what a great player he is. Although I tipped the Dragons it was nice to see the Cowboys win just to shut Ray up, his commentary was unbelievably bias towards the Dragons.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Yeah true. I just think if you get back chat unless it is the captain, you have to advance them all. That way it will stop players running up and complaining to the ref and risking that extra 10 metres and in this case, the match.

How many teams this year could have had a penalty walked forward because the defender abused the ref, that may have increased their chances of winning or increasing a lead?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What did you guys make of the Tate try?

To me, the rules aren't fair. In that situation, the Cowboys should have atleast been awarded an 8 point try and Dugan should have been binned.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I thought Dugan should've been put on report at the very least it was such a stupid action. I thought Stanley was very lazy and didn't seem motivated to stop Tate coming through.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

To me, the rules aren't fair. In that situation, the Cowboys should have atleast been awarded an 8 point try and Dugan should have been binned.

Should have been binned for sure, but not an 8 point try. There was no infringement in the act of scoring.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

I think the Dugan love around here is clouding your judgement.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I believe the referees made the right call given the current rules, but I believe the rules need reviewing.

If Tate doesn't score, Dugan would have been sin bin and the Cows would have received a penalty, correct? To me, that penalty should still apply.

In the end, that piece of play was treated like any other regular try which to me is wrong.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Sin bin should still apply for sure, but I don't think the penalty should. There are actually a number of tries scored where potentially a penalty could be blown, to still enforce them after a try wouldn't be right.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
When it's something as blatant as a professional foul then I believe it should.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Lol, did every Dragons player piss in your mouth or something?

Refs tried to get the Dragons home?

Was a clean game I thought.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.