Round 14 Discussion

The refs performance was fine up until the final 20.

In hindsight, can't blame them on the Dugan decision even though I think it's an absolute crock.

But the non-calls that put the Cows under immense pressure (eg. Greenshields being tackled in the air, Nightingale pushing Winterstein in the back etc.) were blatant bad calls.

While we're making personal points, it'd be wise if you watched your language and the way you ask members questions.

:001_rolleyes:

Are we going to have this rant whenever Dugan comes up with the odd good play? For a player of his ability he was ordinary tonight and should have been binned for his cheap shot on JT. Saved by an absolute joke set of rules.

Good win in the end for the Cows. Refs did everything to get the Dragons home but their defence held resolute.

Actually Pete just on that why wasn't he binned? Just as it happened a mate called and I thought "well he's game is over". But yeah I came back inside and he was still on the field?!? How did the ref reason that?

Since the Cowboys scored, it was considered advantage played.

The only way Dugan would have been penalised is if the contact was high, which it wasn't.

Actually Pete just on that why wasn't he binned? Just as it happened a mate called and I thought "well he's game is over". But yeah I came back inside and he was still on the field?!? How did the ref reason that?

Well, he hit thurston on the chest rather than the head and since the Cows scored the try then he wasn't able to be pinged for obstruction.

I just loved the ferocity and tenacity of DCE and Foran. What a combination.

Equally, I loved the same about the Dog's forwards. I thought this match was a cracker.

We are so so far behind those 2 teams atm it isn't funny.

Dugan? Like I said before, put him in a good side and he will be a game breaker Playing with the Dragons .... I almost feel sorry for him. Put him in the Blues, he will torment us all night.

The Cows are also rans without Thurston, same as us without Lockyer

I think Dugan should have been binned and the vid ref should have made the call. It was a deliberate off the ball contact to illegally stop a try = professional foul. I can see how the on field refs may have been unsure but the replay shows it clearly.

The end of the Dogs game should be getting talked about a lot more, Reynolds upended himself by jumping. I think Inglis did this twice earlier in the year and posted as much but he concealed a lot better than Reynolds who was just blatant.
Imagine if this cheating scummer stole an Origin game and series with that rubbish.

This is something that needs to be dealt with quickly.

Last edited:
Not sure if Cowboys defended well or Dragons have no attack?

Probably a bit of both. I mean it was good defense to hang in there for so long, but gee the dragons weren't asking too many questions... Very very predictable attack

Someone threw a beer or a different drink at the refs as they were heading back into the dressing rooms. Don't know if it was Canterbury or Manly fans.

I reckon some of the fans take the term 'fortress' to literally. The act like they are medieval scum trying to protect their castle

I hate seeing that sort of dumb errors leading to tries.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.