Round 14 Discussion

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Did it bounce off his hands onto his head, and then propelled forward onto another player or the ground? If so, it should've been a knock on...

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Never hit his hands, McCrone passed it into his head and then it propelled forward. The real controversy of the try was weather or not the scorer (McCrone) should have been ruled offside or not.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I will admit Paul Gallen is a bit of a grub but you can't deny what a great player he is. He was phenomenal tonight inspiring his troops and leading from the front as he and his team lifted outstandingly after halftime and ran riot over Parramatta.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Tonight he made 22 runs gaining 248 meters, busted through 7 tackles and broke through the line and assisted with another and made 24 tackles. What a player

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I hate header tries. You shouldn't be rewarded for making a mistake like that and it's only a matter of time before you see players looking to contest bombs with their heads.

Raiders are in some form. Ferguson is just going from strength to strength. Still has the odd derp moment in him but he's becoming extremely consistent under the high ball and there isn't anything the opposition can do. They're looking impressive the Raiders. Balance right across the park and plenty of good young players coming through, still don't think Furner has it in him to make them a premiership force but there's little doubt that they're one of the best Rugby League nurseries in the world.

Eels did reasonably well to lead at half-time but had no juice in the second half. Sharks are a good side and they're beginning to put together some decent performances now that the ASADA investigations are beginning to target other clubs. Their backline and spine will be the death of them though - just not enough class there and their forward pack isn't skillful enough to compensate for it.

Should be a good day of footy today with the Titans taking on the Rabbits, Storm/Knights and Roosters/Warriors.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I hate header tries. You shouldn't be rewarded for making a mistake like that and it's only a matter of time before you see players looking to contest bombs with their heads.

I am pretty sure there is something in the rules about playing at the ball with your head on purpose isn't allowed but accidental contact is ok.

So I assume if players start trying to head the ball like soccer players we will see knock on or even penalties called.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well that's a relief but still I think that it should be considered a knock on unless it comes off your legs.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I am pretty sure there is something in the rules about playing at the ball with your head on purpose isn't allowed but accidental contact is ok.

So I assume if players start trying to head the ball like soccer players we will see knock on or even penalties called.

I remember Thurston trying it and it was either penalized or call a knock on. Can't remember which.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cronk out for Melbourne.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What about that finally try from Souths. How much better quality is Afternoon footy. A really open attacking game so far.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
What a great try by Souths, the game in Cairns has been a great advertisement for Rugby League.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Great game.

Titans are a dumb football team, giving away errors and penalties after they score tries which invited souths back into the game.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Cooper Cronk wouldn't have helped you this week mate.
Cronk can pull a 14 point game if things go right but my backs have not scored any tries, dicks. Need Uate and Stewart back.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Froosh
  • Canga
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • davidp
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.