Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Seibs says its an attitude problem and certain players just arent doing their job
You mean all the players right? Cause I didn’t see anyone on that field that earned their money.

I have two games left on my ticketed membership for this year and I think I’ll just shrug it off as a bad investment. Just like these idiots shrug off a flogging like it doesn’t matter.

That’s a fairly out there conspiracy theory. Milford brings fans through the gates, he won’t be going anywhere regardless of where he plays position wise.

Don't think it's that out there, considering when you factor in the Walker rumours. I don't think Seibold wants Milford long-term. Walker & Dearden is what Seibold wanted for next year I'd imagine.

Don't think it's that out there, considering when you factor in the Walker rumours. I don't think Seibold wants Milford long-term. Walker & Dearden is what Seibold wanted for next year I'd imagine.

1. Milford
6. Walker
7. Dearden
9. Turps

Maybe?

1. Milford
6. Walker
7. Dearden
9. Turps

Maybe?

Without sounding too rude, I don't think Milford is up for it anymore. Have you seen his running game? Any time he sees a gap he stumbles and falls over, he's essentially just a kicking game at this point of his career, if you put him at Fullback you make it harder for him to utilise his only strength.

I'd have no issue with moving him on after this season if Seibold can lure another elite Five-Eighth like Walker.

Forwards ran like bitches. When we offloaded we didn’t look to attack we just ran back where the offload came from and got tackled 1m further up the field. Jesus Christ I’m so sick of seeing Shibasaki in the team. He is shit. Offers nothing at all in attack and his defence was poor.

To think our starting centres at the start of the season were Roberts and Bird. Now look at us. Please put Fifita in the centres or something. Look at the try that Roberts set up last night for Souths. We don’t have anyone who can do that.

We don’t have a genuine superstar that can break a game open. We need a Munster / Ponga / Tedesco / RTS type player that can make something from nothing. Until that happens we lose more then we win.

2019 is all but over if you ask me. I’d say it’s more helpful if we don’t make the 8. Likes of Boyd & McCollough will hopefully get the tap on the shoulder.
If Boyd doesn’t retire he might be the worst and most expensive player in ISC history. That’s a lot of money out of our cap for 2020 and 2021 doing nothing. We’d be better off though.

After last night, I think it is pretty evident we need a big name recruit. We should have the money for it, and if we don’t, then let some of these off contract blokes walk.
First name that comes to mind is Holmes. We need a new fullback so its a win win.
I’d also settle for Izzy if Holmes isn’t interested in coming back yet.
I was blown away that we didn’t make a play for Drinkwater.
Forget giving TPJ anything more then 400k. I’d be letting go of Isaako, I’m confident a team like the Bulldogs, Tigers, Eels, Titans, Warriors or Cows would see that as a massive “poaching coup.” Maybe even a swap for Gags.
Drop Darius, and his mate Macca. Q cup, or nothing in my books. Let them keep cashing in their cheque’s but just don’t let them near this side.
I wouldn’t be paying overs for Oates either, he has convinced me he still has these rubbish games in him.
Finally, i think seibold may need to look at his coaching staff. Maybe start with our forwards coach’s.
Far too many blokes in this team think they own the world, with nothing to show.
We wont be making the 8 this year, and in my books that is nothing short of pathetic.

Last edited:
Without sounding too rude, I don't think Milford is up for it anymore. Have you seen his running game? Any time he sees a gap he stumbles and falls over, he's essentially just a kicking game at this point of his career, if you put him at Fullback you make it harder for him to utilise his only strength.

I'd have no issue with moving him on after this season if Seibold can lure another elite Five-Eighth like Walker.

Well there aren't many elite 6s & 7s in the market right now and probably going forward for next 2-3 years. If you can't afford to get one or they aren't interested in coming, then the only option is you need to develop what you need. SOS arguably docent get a game for us this year if Dearden isnt injured. You cant rotate guys like this the same way you rotate your forwards.

We have simply been unfortunate with almost all those key ball handling positions this year. Once Origin is over the club really needs to decide whether to chase post-season or write this year off and bring in these fringe guys to decide who can and cant make the elite 30 man roster next year..
[automerge]1560645050[/automerge]
After last night, I think it is pretty evident we need a big name recruit. We should have the money for it, and if we don’t, then let some of these off contract blokes walk.
First name that comes to mind is Holmes. We need a new fullback so its a win win.
I’d also settle for Izzy if Holmes isn’t interested in coming back yet.
I was blown away that we didn’t make a play for Drinkwater.
Forget giving TPJ anything more then 400k. I’d be letting go of Isaako, I’m confident a team like the Bulldogs, Tigers, Eels, Titans, Warriors or Cows would see that as a massive “poaching coup.” Maybe even a swap for Gags.
Drop Darius, and his mate Macca. Q cup, or nothing in my books. Let them keep cashing in their cheque’s but just don’t let them near this side.
I wouldn’t be paying overs for Oates either, he has convinced me he still has these rubbish games in him.
Finally, i think seibold may need to look at his coaching staff. Maybe start with our forwards coach’s.
Far too many blokes in this team think they own the world, with nothing to show.
We wont be making the 8 this year, and in my books that is nothing short of pathetic.

I've been saying Holmes as a legit target on other threads for months...good call...

Last edited:

Yeah it’s sad how much Milford has fizzled out. I actually think his kicking has gone backwards from last year. All he does now is bomb it. I can’t recall him even kicking to the corners last night.

I don’t know what it is, but something at the entire club just stinks. It needs to be rebuilt from scratch. Funnily enough, it has coincided with the Whie era. We haven’t been properly competitive for years, with the exception of 2015. We are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the comp and we are miles off the serious clubs in every respect.
You obviously have a short memory because Bruno Cullen took a hacksaw to the club's culture by trading away Petero and hiring Henjack due to personal issues with Bennett

Do we just make a stupid offer to C.Walker and blindside souffs? Walker and Dearden sound like an alright combo to me.

Do we just make a stupid offer to C.Walker and blindside souffs? Walker and Dearden sound like an alright combo to me.

I hope so. We need to get one up over Bennett.

nah.....show patience folks....you really think post-bennett would have been easy..??

We cant afford to make snap rushed decisions with our player recruitment. I believe our player retention is showing some promise now, but this simply cant be turned around in a week or 2...

Look to recruit a fullback would be my advice....and make that fullback Valentine Holmes if possible...

nah.....show patience folks....you really think post-bennett would have been easy..??

We cant afford to make snap rushed decisions with our player recruitment. I believe our player retention is showing some promise now, but this simply cant be turned around in a week or 2...

Look to recruit a fullback would be my advice....and make that fullback Valentine Holmes if possible...

Is it against any rules for someone to leave a message for Holmes along the lines of “hey all the best in the nfl but if you decide to come back to the nrl there’s a million dollars waiting for you”?

Last edited:
I said at the start of the year that this team lacks an alpha, I still think that is a major issue.
Far too many treating it like a job, a public service job at that where they know they can't be punted.
You're spot on with the treating it like a job reference.

I feel like that is the issue and it's a very hard mindset to change because it has to be driven by the playing group... and if we don't have a leadership group that is holding the rest of the playing group accountable then it doesn't really matter what the coach says.

This playing group doesn't appear to care.. sometimes they do, but you can't show up like we have the last two weeks and say that you're caring about the result, because they're clearly going through the motions hoping for someone else to win the game.

The other concern is that you can't just buy a leadership group or recruit a culture. They need to identify players within the group to build this team around.

They're basically having to create a culture from scratch because the culture from the 90's and early 00's is gone and I put that down to the transition from the 06 GF team to integration of the 08 generation.

The coach is currently trying to create a culture of hard work and accountability (which is basically the Bellamy mantra), but if the playing group aren't pushing that agenda through he may as well be pissing into the wind

For reference I got the feeling listening to Seibold talk in his interview on NRL 360 a few weeks back that he's pretty much out on Milford.

They were discussing the halves situation and releasing Nikorima etc, he was saying he's got huge wraps on Dearden and thinks he can be the future for the club, and then they touched on the other depth at the club and he said something along the lines of "We've got a couple of other young guys coming through like O'Sullivan, Boyd & Paix. And Milf still has a year left on his contract"

That isn't really something you'd say if you were invested in the Milf & Dearden combination, in fact I wouldn't be totally shocked if this is the last season of Milford in Broncos colours.

Honestly might be the best thing for Milford to get away from the expectation of being the guy for Broncos. It's disappointing that I can more easily imagine him fulfilling his potential elsewhere rather than here.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.