Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

The worst part was hearing Anasta say "Canberra have been good but in all honesty it is just the Broncos". Made me angry then I was just sad, it's really gut turning to see this club like this.

Funny used to say that about Anasta whenever he played during the streak. QLD were good tonight but in all honesty it is just Anasta (and Pearce lol).

Kev isn't the coach to move you forward. It's easier to win with the best QLD players but he can't cope it at club level. Do you guys feel he's doing 'that' much better than Seibold?

No we’re not, I’ve been banging on about this to a private group chat between mates and they keep telling me I’m nuts and justify what’s happening. lately they’re seeing the pile on early and then the ref systematically give a couple of pointless 6 agains and penalties to cover the tracks. Every week it’s the same story, pile it on early and when the game is gone cover it up with junk penalties.

I think tonight they “accidentally” went to obvious and now everyone is blowing up in the comments on fox.
Literally been saying that since Rd3 2020

Kevvie has some points in the bank given he's a Bronco legend but if he can't start to get some competitive losses at least, those points in the bank will quickly run out.

For real, it's easy to shove shit onto the team. I think you will turn the corner faster than say the Titans.
How did fans feel how Hunt performed tonight?
Considering he hasn't played in the NRL for near a century he went ok. A few good touches with the ball in hand but minimal tackles and runs as the game would have been lightning fast compared to the ISC or Union.

We are just shit. Bog average squad.

Tesi Niu shows a bit of potential though. Obviously Haas is good too.

Kevvie has some points in the bank given he's a Bronco legend but if he can't start to get some competitive losses at least, those points in the bank will quickly run out.

The thing is we have had some really stand out moments this year - taking it to Penrith, Roosters, come back against the Titans.

Just no consistency save for the same mistakes from the same people, including Kevvie's tactics.

I can handle losing, it’s the constant not being even semi competitive in games that is making me feel really disillusioned lately and struggling to sit through entire games anymore.

The state of all of the Queensland based NRL clubs as well as the Maroons is very concerning. All the Southerners will be lapping this up but the irony is the further this abomination continues, the more one sided and predictable this competition becomes and the interest begins to slowly die off and money starts drying up, thus biting the hand that feeds them. And if the NRL think adding another Brisbane team will absolve the disillusioned Broncos fans then they have a very big surprise coming…

I just want to see us show some fucking heart and determination for **** sake. Is that too much to ask of a professional sporting organisation that gets paid good money?
they showed heart early in 2020 and they got reffed out of it. I'll see if I can find the exact moment, but it's Tigers last year, tryline defense and the whistle blows out of nothing and the entire Broncos team turns around and starts giving it to the ref

Considering he hasn't played in the NRL for near a century he went ok. A few good touches with the ball in hand but minimal tackles and runs as the game would have been lightning fast compared to the ISC or Union.
That's fair. I mean it's better to have a player there that is getting into a competitive space and knows how to win over someone, who well, is not.

I can handle losing, it’s the constant not being even semi competitive in games that is making me feel really disillusioned lately and struggling to sit through entire games anymore.

The state of all of the Queensland based NRL clubs as well as the Maroons is very concerning. All the Southerners will be lapping this up but the irony is the further this abomination continues, the more one sided and predictable this competition becomes and the interest begins to slowly die off and money starts drying up, thus biting the hand that feeds them. And if the NRL think adding another Brisbane team will absolve the disillusioned Broncos fans then they have a very big surprise coming…

I just want to see us show some fucking heart and determination for **** sake. Is that too much to ask of a professional sporting organisation that gets paid good money?

I'd consider myself a disillusioned Bronco fan, right now all I want to do is get on that Brisbane Lions bandwagon.

The NRL with these inconsistent interpretations of contact with the head are ruining the sport.

I'd consider myself a disillusioned Bronco fan, right now all I want to do is get on that Brisbane Lions bandwagon.

The NRL with these inconsistent interpretations of contact with the head are ruining the sport.
Now that's disillusioned. Personally I'd rather watch paint dry than watch any game of AFL but I'm considering going to a few ISC games as I don't think I can take much more of how shit the Broncos are or this 6 again crap that is ruining the game.

Is the conspiracy theory that Vlandys is an part of a plot to get viewers to switch to AFL true or did I just make this up right now. He sure does talk a lot about AFL for someone who is supposed to be the NRL chairman.

You idiots blaming this loss on Turps, get off it. He's the only guy holding our middle together and he's one of the smallest guys on the field. I agree he's not an 80 min hooker, and with most teams running duals we should have Paix there. But Paix was ordinary when he was used so all we had was Jake, and he hadn't been completely burnt out yet.

Jake could and can do more in attack, but I still think half of the players don't know what's happening on which tackle. Now whether that's a halves issue, a coaching issue or Jake not being as in control as he maybe should be I don't know, but the last thing anyone should be criticizing is his defence.

Is the conspiracy theory that Vlandys is an part of a plot to get viewers to switch to AFL true or did I just make this up right now. He sure does talk a lot about AFL for someone who is supposed to be the NRL chairman.

I don't know what the theory is but I don't give a shit about any of the remaining NRL games in this round, maybe as the week goes on I will calm it down a bit and be able to motivate myself to get excited about our next game.

You idiots blaming this loss on Turps, get off it. He's the only guy holding our middle together and he's one of the smallest guys on the field. I agree he's not an 80 min hooker, and with most teams running duals we should have Paix there. But Paix was ordinary when he was used so all we had was Jake, and he hadn't been completely burnt out yet.

Jake could and can do more in attack, but I still think half of the players don't know what's happening on which tackle. Now whether that's a halves issue, a coaching issue or Jake not being as in control as he maybe should be I don't know, but the last thing anyone should be criticizing is his defence.

What happened to him chopping blokes in half? He, like the rest of the forwards, wrap up the ball while still letting the opposition player make 10 or so meters. Useless on the try line, but he's not alone.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.