Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Once again it’s the piss poor ball control that kills us. Our defence is already paper thin but constantly turning over possession is the first catalyst for our woes.

these players need to build up from the ground up and master the basics. Hate to say it but bring back Bennett ball

Turpin's goal line defence is shit house. The opposition just needs to run a big bopper into Turpin and it's a guaranteed try. Watch every Canberra try where Turpin was involved in defence and you'll see Broncs' biggest weakness. Now watch every other previous game like that and the same pattern emerges. Turpin is the problem.

Canberra did their homework. Papalii kept running into Turpin.

He is clueless. Looked very promising in the trial, has fallen off a cliff big time since then. Nothing in attack, big numbers with little effect in defence.

Kev presser summary plz?
KW was okay. He was asked about the missed tackles and simply said the team wasn't good enough. He didn't blame the refs and in typical Broncs fashion didn't complain about the endless six agains or penalties . He responded after being asked about the disruption before the game and yesterday's problem with Kelly. He said K got a pass mark.

He also said he'd get a couple weeks in firsts. He seemed to be in a reasonable headspace which surprised me a bit. He didn't think a send-off was warranted. He was actually pleased with them when we went to 12.

I do have some ideas on how to fix things but really we simply need to copy good defensive teams and we can only do that if we first understand how they achieve good tight defence and then practice practice practice.

He is clueless. Looked very promising in the trial, has fallen off a cliff big time since then. Nothing in attack, big numbers with little effect in defence.
I’m fine with him playing the first 20-25 minutes to do the early defence work. But then he needs to be taken off for paix

I’m fine with him playing the first 20-25 minutes to do the early defence work. But then he needs to be taken off for paix

Worth a try I guess.

I think it's pretty clear now he's not a priority to keep.

I am tired of losing though. I've just about had enough and I hate feeding my conspiracy demon but ****, we aren't judged the same as others.
No we’re not, I’ve been banging on about this to a private group chat between mates and they keep telling me I’m nuts and justify what’s happening. lately they’re seeing the pile on early and then the ref systematically give a couple of pointless 6 agains and penalties to cover the tracks. Every week it’s the same story, pile it on early and when the game is gone cover it up with junk penalties.

I think tonight they “accidentally” went to obvious and now everyone is blowing up in the comments on fox.

Had to go out tonight and missed the game, but seems like I missed nothing worth viewing anyways.

Reading the live thread we seem to be infiltrated by fuckwits from other teams with nothing better to do either so thats a good indication of how good we are going.

I've never had less hope going into games before. Awful times.

Same as usual unforced errors just gifted field position to the Raiders who made us pay. With yet another halves pairing our attack and last tackle options looked as clunky as ever. Cobbo looked as good as anything we see from Coates so if at all possible I hope Kevvy leaves him there for the rest of the year. The square up with dodgy penalties at the end of games is becoming sadly predictable and embarrassing for the NRL. The less said about the Hetherington send off the better as the ref just got it horribly wrong.

Sometimes you lose and you know you were beaten and you deserved to lose and then other times you lose and you know you were beaten and you deserved to lose but in the act of losing you cop probably one of the worst decisions by a referee in the history of the game.

The latter occurred tonight, it's the sort of thing that makes you give no single **** about the sport at all, let alone the team you support.

What the **** is Hethrington supposed to do? you are coached to use your shoulders, you are coached to lean with your shoulder. If the bloke carrying the ball falls/trips or something happens where he loses his legs and he gets it on the jaw, it's a mistake. It was never his intention and there is no way he can react to it. If they start sending blokes every time that sort of thing occurs, well it's going to be very difficult to get excited about Rugby League.

It's like in Cricket when Phil Hughes died because he copped a freakish bouncer in a really bad area, are they supposed to completely eliminate to bowling of bouncers? It's unbelievable.

I am tired of losing though. I've just about had enough and I hate feeding my conspiracy demon but ****, we aren't judged the same as others.

I can handle losing, it’s the constant not being even semi competitive in games that is making me feel really disillusioned lately and struggling to sit through entire games anymore.

The state of all of the Queensland based NRL clubs as well as the Maroons is very concerning. All the Southerners will be lapping this up but the irony is the further this abomination continues, the more one sided and predictable this competition becomes and the interest begins to slowly die off and money starts drying up, thus biting the hand that feeds them. And if the NRL think adding another Brisbane team will absolve the disillusioned Broncos fans then they have a very big surprise coming…

I just want to see us show some fucking heart and determination for **** sake. Is that too much to ask of a professional sporting organisation that gets paid good money?

Had to go out tonight and missed the game, but seems like I missed nothing worth viewing anyways.

Reading the live thread we seem to be infiltrated by fuckwits from other teams with nothing better to do either so thats a good indication of how good we are going.

I've never had less hope going into games before. Awful times.
The worst part was hearing Anasta say "Canberra have been good but in all honesty it is just the Broncos". Made me angry then I was just sad, it's really gut turning to see this club like this.

For real, it's easy to shove shit onto the team. I think you will turn the corner faster than say the Titans.
How did fans feel how Hunt performed tonight?

Is this team aware there's no draft in this competition? Some of the stuff they do is so clueless and so bad, it makes me think it's got to be on purpose. I've seen tanking in the AFL, but Bronco's are taking it to a whole new level. Not just what happens on the field either.

I knew kevie wasnt going to be the best coach, but i thought he would focus more on man management and rebuild the culture and pride in the club. He has failed to do this.

I thought he would bring in some good assistant coaches to break-down and rebuild the game strategies, structures and systems. Again, what ever matterson and cartwright have come in with or tried to do looks absolutely no different to the seibold coaching staff.

I understood there would be an adjustment period, but there is no on field performance change. It cant be an individual player thing, as no matter what player is brought in, the system does not work.

Getting 40 give or take put on us each week is an embarassment.

In other words, we are fucked.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.