Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Milford did help ... but all the work was done by Boyd

All the work....? I don't think so.

If you're going to start accusing others of bias and being agenda driven, you must back it up by being the pillar of objectivity. You've failed in this instance.

Let’s forget all the debate about Boyd’s form.

Does anyone seriously believe he is fit to play? He looks like he’s running on half strides to protect the hammy. Even on his try it was short steps.

For me very simple question - how can you play a fullback who can’t run? Almost like playing a hooker with a bung arm... oh wait.

Or when Thaiday sent the ball to the left wing when we had a mile of space on the right.
I think it's a great idea to ignore the fact that Thaiday was again one of the best and pile the blame onto him so as to hopefully head-off any criticism of Wayne Bennett.

Does anyone seriously believe he is fit to play? He looks like he’s running on half strides to protect the hammy. Even on his try it was short steps.

For me very simple question - how can you play a fullback who can’t run? Almost like playing a hooker with a bung arm... oh wait.
I mean, he has gone an off season and now half a season without any further hamstring problems. I just think he has lost half a step of speed, while the game itself has gotten quicker, and a fair amount of motivation and confidence. These factors combined have seen him go from a very fullback to a barely first grade standard fullback.

He is on the books for another 3 years after this so I don't see the harm in trying him in a different position like centre, 5/8 or possibly even in the forwards off the bench. He weighs over 90kg. He wouldn't be the smallest forward in the competition.

I think it's a great idea to ignore the fact that Thaiday was again one of the best and pile the blame onto him so as to hopefully head-off any criticism of Wayne Bennett.

We were talking about missed oppurtunities to score, that was one of them. He passed it to a wing that was well and truly covered while we had a mile of space on the side he dummied to. I was hardly piling the blame on him. Nevertheless I am truly impressed to finally see a comment about someone other than the coach.

Did you forget to post this four weeks ago or something? He's been running fine for a while now

I am getting the feeling that you will not have to worry about Boyd's further three years, I am getting the vibe he is going to pull the plug possibly at the end of this season.

I am getting the feeling that you will not have to worry about Boyd's further three years, I am getting the vibe he is going to pull the plug possibly at the end of this season.
I have the same vibe as well and whispers from pundits, wags, club insiders, hanger ons, player groupies, fat fanboys etc. is that it will be a WB encouraged retirement.

He said hes time was nearly up a couple weeks back when questioned would he follow Bennett if he leaves.

Did you forget to post this four weeks ago or something? He's been running fine for a while now

He was definitely limping in the first half on Sunday.....

Last edited:

Watch his stride and compare it with a year ago. Completely different. He canters not runs with half steps with very restricted upper leg movements.

He has improved his movement a bit but not to required standard. He has obviously put a bit of work into modifying his running style. There is a reason people don’t run like this - it’s slow, effortful and he can’t dive out to make a late grab. He is petrified of stretching out and it shows in his play.

Playing slowed with dodgy hamstrings is a worry but if this method of self protection is permanent truly f***ed. He needs to get the tap to run full stretch, have the rest of the year up to sort it out or enjoy QCup.

I suspect we do fall apart a little without Boyd cause of coaching and mental softness of a lot of the squad as much as missing his leadership or contribution on the field. Might as well bite the bullet and face it now if he is cooked. Only way we win this year is big risks cause at status quo we won’t win the current setup.

As for comments no other good fullback options we have two ready made that have been squandered with Milf and Bird who would both need a gruelling pre season to get fit for the job. Isaako is worth a shot. Knik would be worth a go. Allan let go. So 6 options right there without going outside the club and without Boyd could have offered unders for Ponga not to go to Newcastle wishful but master coach should have seen that one.

I agree...it wouldn't surprise me at all.

In the wave of the public criticism about his club form.....and being dropped from SOO, Darius Boyd isn't mentally or emotionally equipped to handle such pressures and disappointment.

Well he should call it now so we use the fairy tale card to save our season although it's probably expired for Thaiday

Watch his stride and compare it with a year ago. Completely different. He canters not runs with half steps with very restricted upper leg movements.

He has improved his movement a bit but not to required standard. He has obviously put a bit of work into modifying his running style. There is a reason people don’t run like this - it’s slow, effortful and he can’t dive out to make a late grab. He is petrified of stretching out and it shows in his play.

Playing slowed with dodgy hamstrings is a worry but if this method of self protection is permanent truly f***ed. He needs to get the tap to run full stretch, have the rest of the year up to sort it out or enjoy QCup.

I suspect we do fall apart a little without Boyd cause of coaching and mental softness of a lot of the squad as much as missing his leadership or contribution on the field. Might as well bite the bullet and face it now if he is cooked. Only way we win this year is big risks cause at status quo we won’t win the current setup.

As for comments no other good fullback options we have two ready made that have been squandered with Milf and Bird who would both need a gruelling pre season to get fit for the job. Isaako is worth a shot. Knik would be worth a go. Allan let go. So 6 options right there without going outside the club and without Boyd could have offered unders for Ponga not to go to Newcastle wishful but master coach should have seen that one.

End of the day mate I think Boyd throwing it in at the end of the year is probably the best case scenario for us in 2019. It’s highly unlikely he we will quit this year but the realist focus should be on next year.

Probably the best thing for our team would be if Boyd did just have a season ending hammy injury. It would solve 2 problems.

1. We'd have a fit hard running fullback - Issakko.
2. We'd have motivational lead by example captain - Macca.

Probably the best thing for our team would be if Boyd did just have a season ending hammy injury. It would solve 2 problems.

3. Kahu back to the wing

Can Isaako throw passes and do the third man play? That's the one thing Boyd is usually good for, and without it even more pressure falls on Milford.

4. Isaako has butter fingers

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.