Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Reality is we're not a very good side. The results this season have shown as much. Most of the results have been dicey at best. Whether it be a coaching or personnel issue is up for discussion, but the evidence is there for all to see.

I think we are better than we show though. We worry too much about the opposition.

Damn the refereeing was shocking.

Boyd getting marched 10 meters for questioning a call (that Melbourne had gotten away with earlier) while Cameron Smith can have a 30 second conversations with the refs tops it off.

Before anyone tries to blame the refs. We shit the bed we were in control and had our chance and simply shit the bed. Simple as that.

What are you meant to do against consecutive shit calls that gift possession to the opposition? It's more than just the original defensive set you cop, you're then fatigued from defending and have lost all the momentum you had before said shit decisions.

Niko was terrible though. Glenn was non-existent. Kahu was pretty horrible at centre. Oppa isn't a first grader. TPJ needs to start.

Last edited:
Damn the refereeing was shocking.

Boyd getting marched 10 meters for questioning a call (that Melbourne had gotten away with earlier) while Cameron Smith can have a 30 second conversations with the refs tops it off.

Is it really that surprising? Boyd is a player. Smith is a politician.

I think we are better than we show though. We worry too much about the opposition.
Not having a go at you but I think that's a copout.

It's like someone saying I'm actually really smart but the exam results don't show that. Nah, they reflect it perfectly. Same as this team and their performances. Too much hype and not enough substance.

In 2015, we became true title contenders when we went down to Melbourne and beat them. We defended set after set after set, Melbourne couldn't break us and it was an extraordinary win. It was that game that we as fans and all the critics thought wow, the Broncos are the real deal here. We overcame our defeatist mentality against Melbourne and it gave us so much confidence to go all the way to the GF.

I can't help but think one of the reasons we aren't title contenders is because we are a conservative team, but also mainly, we aren't a confident team. Mentally soft. We crumble and we crumble especially against the Storm.

If we can get over all this then we'd be on our way. Until then, we aren't shit.

The result you could see coming from a mile away.

We had a good win against the Roosters, and then went backwards. And this side continues to go backwards until they get a bad loss and then they decide to pick up their act again.

We had the Storm shot in the first half and then just gift them the game.

Even if this side makes the finals, we're just making up the numbers. Time for a new coach that can get the best out of this side because Wayne Bennett just isn't.

Reality is we're not a very good side. The results this season have shown as much. Most of the results have been dicey at best. Whether it be a coaching or personnel issue is up for discussion, but the evidence is there for all to see.

The hoodoo against the storm is that real that any bit of heat and pressure they put on the broncos, the players will crack to pieces. Mix that with handling errors, poor kicking and dodgy penalties, then we are always in for a flogging.

It's no coincidence Macca plays like shit against smith. There's just too much fear built up over the years.

We are a pretty dumb team. It’s almost like we are thinking ‘holy crap, when we take 3 quick passes from the ruck, we can make an easy 15-20 metres most times. Should we keep doing that and move the game up field? Nah, **** it, let’s go back to one out hits up with no support’

It’s kind of a rope a dope play.. but we’re the dopes. [emoji17]

In my mind our game plan was exactly the same as the Maroons - far too conservative. We hit hard, and defence was sound. But four one ups and a kick isn't going to do shit, especially when we are being raped by poor decisions. You have to make your own luck, and with an u12s game plan, you will struggle to best any side. I'm starting to think McCullough is somewhat at fault.

In my mind our game plan was exactly the same as the Maroons - far too conservative. We hit hard, and defence was sound. But four one ups and a kick isn't going to do shit, especially when we are being raped by poor decisions. You have to make your own luck, and with an u12s game plan, you will struggle to best any side. I'm starting to think McCullough is somewhat at fault.

Hardly. Our halves haven't got a creative bone in their bodies and defend like turnstiles.

Just gotta accept the broncos can't ever beat cam smith and Craig Bellamy. They have us all worked out it's crazy nothing has changed in so many years.

Bellamy has Wayne figured out.

They talk all nice and what not, but Smith (plus Slater) have nothing but contempt for Boyd's game, as well as Wayne's tactics.

Don't know if anything was said on Fox but on 9 Gould and co were nothing but praise for Melb for the full 80 minutes either. Not a single mention of a contentious call until the Pangai Jr put on report incident. Joey said well there was nothing in that then he shuts up and it gets ignored by everyone else while they keep going on about how great Melbourne are.

What happened to Macca that made McGuire our hooker cause I missed it?

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • Brocko
  • dirtyharry
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.