Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Knights

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet but I’m sure McHunt has sent a screenshot to Badel and we will see something today.

Its frustrating because we are winning games with this plan. Paix hasn’t shown that he deserves more than 30 minutes either.

Agree......Paix needs to understand that we are a team and if he can't handle his role in that

he can **** off somewhere else.

He's certainly done nothing to substantiate a whinge and or demands to be getting more game time.

Hopefully this isn't a symptom of Paixy hopping on reddit et al and believing his own hype. Just a few weeks ago people across all forums were screaming for Paix to get more time.

If he's let this become 'me against the nepo baby' it's unlikely that he will come out on top. The last few games Billy has played better.

He was in the 17 - throwing a tantrum is a big L for me.

Seriously guys, you have absolutely zero detail on what had happened. Stop crucifying paix until you have any sort of idea what has happened or was said

I agree, I think Billy is going far better than Paix these last few weeks too. But I think how he handled the Fox interview was pretty insensitive from a team perspective.

Yeah for sure and I really hope he apologised for that.

Could it have been more about a discussion between Kevvie and Paix, with Paix requesting to head back to Qcup to get more minutes rather than 20mins off the bench each week.

He was named in the starting 17 this week, and Smoothy is possibly coming in now after the fact.

I believe he is Souths affiliated thought so is he sharing minutes with Mozer and I believe their other hooker is the captain?

Can he be shifted over to Wynnum to replace Smoothy if he's the one jumping up to NRL? (I believe Kobe switched between affiliates when his affiliate team had a bye lined up).

I would say that Paix doesn't really suit the explosive off the bench hooker anyway... Watching him he appears to be more of a crafty hooker rather than straight running, so 20mins off the bench each week is hard to get a feel for the game and work on things.

Seriously guys, you have absolutely zero detail on what had happened. Stop crucifying paix until you have any sort of idea what has happened or was said

Sad Disappointment GIF by BBC America

I thought when Billy said to the Fox commentators after the Shark’s game that the plan was for him to play as long as he felt comfortable with in the game and then they’d send Paixy on to finish off the game was such a poor egotistical boast. All he had to say was words like each game is different and I just do as I’m told by the coaching staff.
It was live and he didn’t have much time to think but a very poor response nevertheless that made Paix sound like he was purely Billy’s stop gap. If I was listening to that I’d have words with the coach as well.
This father /son arrangement now has the potential to stuff an otherwise brilliant season.

I saw that interview and I didn't think it reflected bad on Paix at all. It sounded more like Billy was going balls out for as long as he could, knowing that he could trust Paix to play out the rest.

It wasn't like "I have to play as long as possible because the fewer minutes Paix plays, the better".

The only slight concern would have been the "I'm not sure why I was put back on" or whatever he said. It either reflects bad on Kev, as it means he didn't stick to his interchange plan, or it means that even if Paix was hooked for whatever reason, Billy didn't think it was warranted.

I saw that interview and I didn't think it reflected bad on Paix at all. It sounded more like Billy was going balls out for as long as he could, knowing that he could trust Paix to play out the rest.

It wasn't like "I have to play as long as possible because the fewer minutes Paix plays, the better".

The only slight concern would have been the "I'm not sure why I was put back on" or whatever he said. It either reflects bad on Kev, as it means he didn't stick to his interchange plan, or it means that even if Paix was hooked for whatever reason, Billy didn't think it was warranted.
Fair enough. I took as I previously wrote.

I thought paix was the next cooper cronk

At least he got to meet Kevin Walters I guess.

Wonder if he got a chicken sanga?
Undoubtedly, it's the reason they all sign here. The chicken sanga nearly pried Smithy out of Melbourne for christ sakes. On the odd occassion you get the ungrateful little shit who prefers a fucken turkey sandwich. Than they grow up and realise chicken is better (cough cough walshy).

Wonder if paix’s comments earlier in the year to the media- that he wanted the starting spot, have anything to do with this. @Cult ? know if this is a new thing or….?

How good is pastrami though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Shane Tronc
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.