Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Knights

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be keen to see what Smoothy offers off the bench.

First game I likely won't be watching live, I'm off to the MCG to watch the Lions. Will try and find a pub there to watch this one but won't be doing pointless posts.
Seriously, how could you though? Have you been deceiving us all along? 😀

It appears that our boys will be putting on Deadly Choices jersey for this weekend’s game. I for one, I’m deprived to see the boys in our home jersey. It looks amazing under the lights.
Will have to wait until we play the Tits in 15 days time ☹️.

Sorry for the cliffhanger. Figured it would come out soon. Apparently Paix and Kev had an argument on Tuesday regarding Paix’s role in the team.
I thought when Billy said to the Fox commentators after the Shark’s game that the plan was for him to play as long as he felt comfortable with in the game and then they’d send Paixy on to finish off the game was such a poor egotistical boast. All he had to say was words like each game is different and I just do as I’m told by the coaching staff.
It was live and he didn’t have much time to think but a very poor response nevertheless that made Paix sound like he was purely Billy’s stop gap. If I was listening to that I’d have words with the coach as well.
This father /son arrangement now has the potential to stuff an otherwise brilliant season.

Sorry for the cliffhanger. Figured it would come out soon. Apparently Paix and Kev had an argument on Tuesday regarding Paix’s role in the team.

Has anything made the media.......?

I thought when Billy said to the Fox commentators after the Shark’s game that the plan was for him to play as long as he felt comfortable with in the game and then they’d send Paixy on to finish off the game was such a poor egotistical boast. All he had to say was words like each game is different and I just do as I’m told by the coaching staff.
It was live and he didn’t have much time to think but a very poor response nevertheless that made Paix sound like he was purely Billy’s stop gap. If I was listening to that I’d have words with the coach as well.
This father /son arrangement now has the potential to stuff an otherwise brilliant season.

I mean, Billy has been doing really well. I’m probably Paix’s biggest supporter but even I can see that right now, Billy is going much better. I don’t want players just getting minutes ‘because’. Even if Paix isn’t happy, where’s he going to go?

Yeah, totally feel for Paix and I want him to do well, but it's not like he's been playing the house down and demanding more time. It could be argued he's getting limited time off the bench to showcase his ability, but unfortunately I think it's safe to say the consensus is he's not a good option to start, so he needs to play his role. He's kind of demonstrated his ceiling at this point.

Better on the bench than not in the team at all, surely. Maybe he should have a chat to Jensen and Arthars about that....

I think this is a case of Paix convincing himself he's playing better than he actually is. When Billy is showing himself to be the better option at the moment I mean....What can you say about that?

CP has two options by the looks - get on the bus and work hard, or go to the Tigers where all careers go to die.

I think this is a case of Paix convincing himself he's playing better than he actually is. When Billy is showing himself to be the better option at the moment I mean....What can you say about that?
I disagree. I think it shows passion and drive to want a bigger role in the side.

I mean, Billy has been doing really well. I’m probably Paix’s biggest supporter but even I can see that right now, Billy is going much better. I don’t want players just getting minutes ‘because’. Even if Paix isn’t happy, where’s he going to go?
I agree, I think Billy is going far better than Paix these last few weeks too. But I think how he handled the Fox interview was pretty insensitive from a team perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.