POST GAME [Round 15, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

The season is over. It was over when Reyno blew his bicep, because we lost a tonne more with him than just a bloody good kicking game (which we're also missing a lot), but just his footy smarts. Without him this team is so low IQ it's frightening, and Madden has shown nothing to suggest he can make up that loss. He is trash. I'm sorry but that is the way of things. Bring Black in for a game or two, it's not like things can get much worse.

We're in the market for an experienced halfback within the next 2 years, whether people want to believe it or not.

Dislikes:
  • Defence
  • Attack
  • Our bench
  • Jock Madden and his zero impact (again), he is shocking, rush in a replacement
  • Ezra Mam proving to be nothing without Reyno
  • Cobbo not playing FB with Walsh out
  • Errors
  • The fact we couldn’t score 13 on 12
  • Countless dropped balls
  • Completions
  • Lack of energy
  • Adam Gee

I'm heart broken for the fans. We are slipping into seiblod times. I said it last week. Kevin will survive, but no other will.

I'm concerned about breaking the bank for Walsh. It changes our ability to spend in forwards, and everything else.

Please let the Harlem Globetrotters die. It's embarrassing as sebiold.

Dislikes:
  • Defence
  • Attack
  • Our bench
  • Jock Madden and his zero impact (again), he is shocking, rush in a replacement
  • Ezra Mam proving to be nothing without Reyno
  • Cobbo not playing FB with Walsh out
  • Errors
  • The fact we couldn’t score 13 on 12
  • Countless dropped balls
  • Completions
  • Lack of energy
  • Adam Gee
Why do you think that lol. Imagine building a team just around one individual...what could go wrong...

Sucky game sucked.

We need Reynolds back so badly. Cobbo should be back up fullback over Sailor.

homer simpson GIF

ARey has been painting over a lot of cracks in this team.

They are unfit. Few sets into the game and guys are already hands on knees.

They can't hang onto the fucking ball to save their lives.

Lost in attack without ARey and can't just chuck it at the fast guy at the back and hope something comes of it.

This has all the hallmarks of a poorly prepared team. Can't construct even good quality defence. Can't even defend against a forward catching a cross field kick - not even contested.

Piakura is not the solution. No idea how he got selected for Origin camp, his defense is brain dead unless they run right at him.

Madden has had a good period now to start showing signs of life and is found wanting.

If Reece isn't right for the next game, Arthars to centre and Cobbo to FB. Sailer is proving even more error prone than Walsh with none of the upside.

It would be different if we were a well drilled team down on star power - we have players struggling to compete at NRL standard for passing, catching and tackling. Billy threw about 4 passes in a row at madden that almost went over his shoulder.

Starting to look like 2023 was all ARey and Walsh sparking the attack. Take them out and we're back to 2021 form. Rudderless, coachless and without a fucking clue.

Pathetic.

You don't need a full strength side to get the effort areas right and get the fundamentals right, and we'll just keep hearing the "we lacked effort" bullshit being regurgitated over and over again.

I want to see Kevvie do what Bellamy did and put this side on blast in the press conference, threaten to drop players.

Another really poor performance from everyone apart from our front rowers really. Thought Willison was great!

Those calling for Selwyn Droppo to play fullback are M.A.D. Hes an upgrade on Sailor in the very lamest of margins. Our best back tonight was Karapani, getting paid part time to play NRL.

Boy oh boy our halves were so bad tonight. Jock Madden, really bad. How much are we paying Ezra Milford again?

I think we just need to hope we get Walsh for the remaining games he can play and rack up a couple of wins. Season hanging by a thread

If we can just not have those 10 minute implosions where we cost ourselves 18 points, we’d be ok. Still shitty but ok.

Well, if it was in fact our Seibold era, the bunnies score 50 easy. So there’s that.

I think our main glaring issue is the need to score on every play. It was our issue last year and it’s our issue again this year.
In torrential rain, this is a very dumb game plan. I’d like to think Kevvy told them to protect the footy and get to your kick, but I’m not sure. I don’t think they did that once.

My 3,2,1 will be negative points
- 3 for madden, he’s meant to be our future and he was trash. He wasn’t Brodie Croft but he was a bit milfordy.
-2 Sailor, the only reason he didn’t get 3 is because he’s not a first grader in the first place.
-1 piakura. Offered absolutely nothing in attack or defence.

Just a poor display. Cant fault the effort of Staggs, Cobbo, Carrigan and Jensen, but cant say any of them played well.

Kevvie rightfully got plenty of plaudits last year, but he needs to start developing a system that doesnt revolve around a high risk, high reward fullback and Arey. We need a stronger system if we want to kick on. Way, way too reliant on flashy plays to get results.

It's not just playing bad, which we are, it's compounded by the fact we're just having no luck. We've regressed to making our share of chances and half breaks, and just not sticking the pass, or getting the bounce, while our opponents do. Really feels like our season is cursed.

And then we get a call like forward pass on Ez's try, and no call on Johnson's, which looked a lot more forward, just to really grind us down.

We can still cut the mistakes, fix the defense, and be a threatening team, but we need to string some wins together to keep us in it.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Ozired
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • FACTHUNT
  • simplythebest
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Lurker
  • RodF
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • the_next
  • Johnny92
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.