Round 15 - Cowboys vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Assuming we have no injuries from origin, and assuming Griffin rest several of our rep players, this is the team that i would select for the Cowboys game.

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Beale
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Te'o
13. Parker (c)

14. Hunt (i put him here because i know he will be selected.
15. Gillett
16. Lui
17. Wallace/Dodds/Gibbs

I assuming that Hodges and Civo will be rested while Thaiday will be out with injury.

I think that Hannant, Parker and Gillett will all back up

Will be an extremely tough match, especially if we rest our Origin players.

I like Griffin resting our players after origin, it means they are fresher for the back end of the season

Hannant might even get a rest. I'd expect Parker and Gillett to back up for sure. I don't mind the resting but would like it if the Cowboys did the same thing.

Cowboys are the hardest team to predict in how well they play. One week, they look like a top 4 side. Next week they lose to the Titans. And it's been like this for a long time now.

What's more important is how we play, if we play our best we will win IMO.

Depends who hook decides to rest, Cowboys fresh after the bye should be alot better than their previous 2 games. Whoever is less affected by Origin i think wins this game.

We'll be pretty heavily affected. 5 day turnaround, flying from Sydney to NQLD, and I can see Hannant being rested this time as well (we don't want him to burn out, he's been our best forward".

feel like this might be another down game for us. not feeling confident

Tend to agree. They'll be fresh bar their origin players whereas we've got a short turnaround and only 2-3 origin players will back up. We could be a little weary in the last 20 mins.

Bar the fatigue factor I'm confident we can win this game. Townsville doesn't hold any fears for us. It's almost like a home game.

Thurston has expressed a desire to rest, however given the Cowboys position on the table I doubt Henry would be willing to do that. Just like I doubt Griffin would rest to the extent he has the last two seasons if our position wasn't so good on the table.

I doubt Matt Scott will play. Hopefully Thurston doesn't back up. Bowen always rips us a new one. He is the danger man

Definitely expecting to not see Thaiday, Hodges and Civo also Hannant as a maybe. I also expect Gillett to get higher minutes in Origin 2 with Thaiday out so it will be interesting to see if he plays, maybe off the bench in smaller stints for us.

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Beale
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Glenn
12. Te'o
13. Lui

14. Parker
15. Gillett
16. Hannant
17. Hunt

I saw no reason why the guys who played on Sunday against the Roosters won't get the job done from the start and then you roll the big guns in through the first half to add something extra as the game wears on.

Scott Anderson is also likely to back but he might not come back into the side.

If the Broncos lost to the Roosters I think there'd be more likelihood of Origin players backing up, and more chance of Thaiday risking his shoulder injury.

As it is, we've got that breathing room from back to back wins, outright 2nd spot and a healthy for and against (albeit only 4 points healthier than 3rd place Bulldogs), so I can't imagine risking Thaiday, Civoniceva, Hannant or Hodges.

I'd say we'd stick with the same backline as Sunday:
1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Beale
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Wallace

With Parker starting (but likely to play less minutes):
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Glenn
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Lui
15. Gillett
16. Anderson
17. Hunt
18. Gibbs
19. Wallace

If Parker pulls out, Lui will start and Gibbs onto the bench. If Anderson is also not fit, Wallace will retain his spot on the bench.
If Gillett, Parker and Anderson are all unable to play, then expect Slyney to come in.

That's my feeling anyway.

The boys should be fired up to win this one.

Cowboys have named all their guns to play

COWBOYS: Matthew Bowen, Ashley Graham, Brent Tate, Kane Linnett, Antonio Winterstein, Johnathan Thurston, Ray Thompson, Matthew Scott, Aaron Payne, James Tamou, Gavin Cooper, Glenn Hall, Dallas Johnson. Interchange (from): Michael Morgan, Ricky Thorby, Ashton Sims, Jason Taumalolo, Scott Bolton, Cory Paterson, Kalifa Faifai Loa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ozzball
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.