Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

That bench is thin. Young guys need to stand up.

Hurrell is Right Centre, so it'll be Jack Reed.

Last edited:
Good to see Granville get the nod, up to him to grab his opportunity. Is that an admission Hunt isn't playing Wednesday night?

Could be, but who else would play halfback?

Whilst it's an important game for us to win, I don't think I'd risk anyone that plays on Wednesday, we've got decent depth, and it's a great opportunity to give Oates / Wallace / Molo / Hala some valuable game time.

Resting Hodges is a given, and Thaiday is probably too risky given his recent layoff/injury. I hope Gillett and Hunt are possible inclusions though (depending how Origin pans out). We could definitely use them both.

Totally. Could go either way, but at least we finally get to see how he stacks up.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how he will perform when he plays against us next year for the Cowboys.

Good to see Granville get the nod, up to him to grab his opportunity. Is that an admission Hunt isn't playing Wednesday night?

If he does, I'm very interested to see who comes in for him on Saturday.

Hi guys.

There is no doubt the Warriors head into this game desperate to win. Last week they put in 65 outstanding minutes then blew out trying to win too eager too soon.

Unlike the Broncs we are in must win territory so expect a desperate Warriors side. I think if there is a weakness to exploit it is the Warriors desperation.

Leading early and defending well will pile a lot of mental pressure on the Warriors. They could be vulnerable to trying too hard in this game ( it's what I'm concerned about ) .....in other words..completions and on percent footy will put the advantage in Brisbane's court. I know that's a lot of footy cliche blah....but if you go back to the low scoring tight games between clubs.....I think you will find the Broncos have won the majority of the grinds.

Enjoy the game it will be a cracker I feel.

Last edited:
We always seem to struggle against a physical Warriors side. After that, their Harlem Globetrotters style leaves us for dead.

That grind in the wet a couple of years ago at Suncorp was an exception but the Broncs never recovered after that game.

That Round 19 2012 game was one of the most physically draining games I've seen.

I don't think I've seen one game of football have such a big effect on two teams, both turned to toast after it.

This week will be a good gauge of whether or not Reed is worth persevering with long term. If he is still a defensive stronghold on that edge of the field, then his work on Hurrell, who is probably the form centre of the comp at the moment, will be interesting to see. Looking forward to seeing Copley back in the centres as well.

This week will be a good gauge of whether or not Reed is worth persevering with long term. If he is still a defensive stronghold on that edge of the field, then his work on Hurrell, who is probably the form centre of the comp at the moment, will be interesting to see. Looking forward to seeing Copley back in the centres as well.

Glenn will need to watch Hurrell closely as well. Hurrell is one of the form centres atm and very quick for a big bloke

Reed might need another shoulder op after this game

Will be interesting to see the difference in play with Granville in instead of McCullough.

im more interested in seeing how he handles the workload on defence. McCullough has been making 40 odd tackles a game of late so he will certainly be up for more defensive work. Whether that will take some energy away from his attack is to be seen but im thinking he aint playing the full 80. Lowrie will most likely fill some time in at dummy half.

im more interested in seeing how he handles the workload on defence. McCullough has been making 40 odd tackles a game of late so he will certainly be up for more defensive work. Whether that will take some energy away from his attack is to be seen but im thinking he aint playing the full 80. Lowrie will most likely fill some time in at dummy half.

I reckon Glenn will give him a break at dummy half

Just hope the hype and emotion of Origin week (particularly for Hunt) and the long trip to Wellington doesn't result in a similar effort to the trial in February.

That kind of loss at this point could really derail our season.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.