[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you believe five days later and these useless ***** have not even made a peep about Asiata, Cobbo or Arthars' head injuries?

Even the other team has:

Yes, I absolutely can.

Our whole club is run exactly like our playing 17.

I see what you did there.

Attendance dropped off after I had a kid. Used to be a season ticket holder but couldn’t justify a footy game every fortnight
Correct, neither could Milf. Let's hope we weren't paying you a million bucks a year too.

Correct, neither could Milf. Let's hope we weren't paying you a million bucks a year too.
You really need to get over this money thing.

I'll get over the money as soon as you get over blaming the club, the Coaches and the 17th Halfback he's been paired with just so he can actually do his job.
Only person I blame is seibold

Anyone else completely forgotten there’s still 10 games to go after all that’s been going on at the club?

nope ... we still also have 6 home games, of which i should be able to get to 4 of them (damn work stopping me from getting to all 6)

p.s. we have 3 Sunday home games and a 3pm Saturday home game :happy:

nope ... we still also have 6 home games, of which i should be able to get to 4 of them (damn work stopping me from getting to all 6)

p.s. we have 3 Sunday home games and a 3pm Saturday home game :happy:
Are those Sunday games day games? Broncos haven’t done too well on Sunday afternoons in a while

I think this game is actually winnable.

Kevvie should definitely use the opportunity to let everyone get as far away from football as possible. Clear their minds and have a break to come back fresh Monday week.
Was it in 2006 when the team ended up at an army bootcamp or something similar over the bye? I vaguely remember it happening, but I can't remember the year.
Because it might not be a bad time to revisit that idea either.

Was it in 2006 when the team ended up at an army bootcamp or something similar over the bye? I vaguely remember it happening, but I can't remember the year.
Because it might not be a bad time to revisit that idea either.
Not sure which year it might've been... Big Pete would be the man in the know.

I think sending them on a boot camp now wouldn't be great... I think team moral would be low, there's suggestions and rumours that guys are leaving, suggestions the assistant coaches are leaving, etc.

Plus these guys haven't had a break from footy for 14 straight rounds... and for most of those rounds they've had very little to be positive about results wise.

I'd say to them to just get as far away from footy as possible... need them to head off and refresh themselves mentally, because when they come back it will be a bit of a reset on the season.

They could look to line up a boot camp for the Rd 17 bye... don't really need to give them another break two weeks after the origin break where it's only Haas who is playing so you could get the team together and head off for a bonding session. By Rd 17 they might have moved on TPJ, Lodge, etc., brought new assistants in, brought new high performance team in, etc.

I would want to give Haas a break though... maybe we give him the sharks game off??

I can't remember a mid-season boot camp, I do recall 2010 Brisbane effectively did extras because their pre-season was diabolical.

2006 was the opposite of a boot-camp. During one of the bye week Bennett told them to all go on holidays with some of the players going overseas. It led to a six week losing streak but it's also credited for their strong run home since they weren't the walking wounded like they had been in previous campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Cavalo
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.