[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be giving Haas this week off.

He didn't have to do a whole lot of work in origin, but his knee was strapped up from the injury pre-game 1.

We have this one game vs sharks and then the squad is off on another bye... which Haas won't get due to origin.

I'd let him take the week off as his own midseason bye... he can hang around training if he wants (might need to anyway to rehab the knee), but if he wants to get away from footy altogether then they could let him go and refresh.

Alternative could be to give him Rd 18 off vs the tigers after origin.

Been a tough slog for him this year so I'm hoping they have planned a time to give him a break.

It'll also be the first time he's played a full origin series mid-year

So something like this maybe?

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Kelly
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn (c)
12. Robati
13. Flegler

14. Paix
15. Bullemor
16. Riki
17. Piakura

Wowsers! This is on the assumption Lodge and TPJ are goneskis, Asiata's head hasn't re-grown, Coates is transferred to Melbourne, Carrigan's leg is still the wrong way round and Kevvie is still aiming to give no halves more than one game together.

Piakura has an ankle injury, missed last week because of it.

The talk I see about other fans and Broncos players they'd most like to take from us, Corey Oates is usually in those conversations

I hope there's no revolt between Corey and Kevvie because I really like Oates as a player and as a guy he seems to have a personality that people around him would enjoy, not to mention he's a good player. Just need to use him in the middle a little more I reckon

He didn't have to do a whole lot of work in origin, but his knee was strapped up from the injury pre-game 1.

We have this one game vs sharks and then the squad is off on another bye... which Haas won't get due to origin.

I'd let him take the week off as his own midseason bye... he can hang around training if he wants (might need to anyway to rehab the knee), but if he wants to get away from footy altogether then they could let him go and refresh.

Been a tough slog for him this year so I'm hoping they have planned a time to give him a break.

Id be resting him after origin 3
We play on Sunday, so its a 7 day turnaround this week for him which should be ample time to let him recover from origin 2.

So something like this maybe?

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Kelly
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn (c)
12. Robati
13. Flegler

14. Paix
15. Bullemor
16. Riki
17. Piakura

Wowsers! This is on the assumption Lodge and TPJ are goneskis, Asiata's head hasn't re-grown, Coates is transferred to Melbourne, Carrigan's leg is still the wrong way round and Kevvie is still aiming to give no halves more than one game together.

Piakura and Kelly injured, as is Hunt.
TPJ suspended. The worst broncos halves pairings of all time competition amps up another level with a potential Gamble / Croft pairing, unless Staggs goes straight in at 6.

Lodge will be hanging around apparently.

Oates return to me smells of an Ikin decision. I also saw a rumour that seemed to imply he’s been told he’s in our plans next season.

Ikin doesn't select the team. in fact i'm willing to bet he has no say in it at all
Perhaps not, but if Kev was outvoted on keeping Oates for next year then he’d have no reason not to pick him.

So expect haas to play 80 minutes again

Didn’t he say something yesterday about how he will have input? Might have been someone else.

input on the make up of the roster ... not team selections

Perhaps not, but if Kev was outvoted on keeping Oates for next year then he’d have no reason not to pick him.

I'm not sure Kev can be out voted ... he's the head coach, if he doesn't want a player, then that player will be gone. besides, there has been no real indication Kev doesn't want Oates ... he just wants and needs him to do more than simply be a hit up merchant in attack. (likely defensive positioning and his hand, being the key ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.