[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still planning on attending this match, don’t get to many opportunities to take the young fella along to a game so gotta capitalise on the day game.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a loss
You are a good man for sticking at it, but isn't that borderline child abuse to expose him to what we are dishing up???

Wasn't TPJ the crusher?. I thought Haas was for a high shot?
it was both but the high shot was a touch on the face and will be a fine... Haas was put on a crusher in the same tackle that Asiata went off in

Only positive I can see here is staggs will be back
Hopefully a couple of new players to join him with some of the dead weight finally being cut loose immediately

Ffs, put Cobbo in ISC let him be Fullback what can he possibly learn being destroyed week in week out.

Side I would put out:

1. Herbie
2. Mead
3. Niu
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Kelly
7. Gamble
8. Lodge
9. Piax
10. Flegler
11. TPJ
12. Robati
13. Asiata
14. Turpin
15. Bully
16.Palasia
17. Hethington

Slightly experimental with stable and clearly our best halves pairing, Piax given his chance to be number 1 hooker, I feel this will wake Turps up because Paix has been knocking on the door for this for awhile.

Also Bully needs minutes, the guy as proven in our fitness test is not only our fittest player but also gym king, clearly a player made for the hard hards fucking make it happen kev.

Going on Radley's treatment we can expect TPJ to serve at least 1 week of his suspension for origin, as he was 'going to be picked for NSW'.

Or does it even matter anymore, will he be somewhere else by then.. Meh

I’m still planning on attending this match, don’t get to many opportunities to take the young fella along to a game so gotta capitalise on the day game.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a loss

It's been a long time since I've been to a win. Was eyeing up the Sunday games this year to take my dad since we haven't been since 2019, but I don't know if I can summon the enthusiasm.

Maybe the last round against the Knights on the Saturday - perhaps we'll have hit a purple patch by then.

It's been a long time since I've been to a win. Was eyeing up the Sunday games this year to take my dad since we haven't been since 2019, but I don't know if I can summon the enthusiasm.

Maybe the last round against the Knights on the Saturday - perhaps we'll have hit a purple patch by then.
I’ve been pretty selective with the games Ive attended. Titans this year, doggies last year and I didn’t attend any games in pies first season other than the trial v the Titans where we came back from 18-0 down to just win. In Wayne’s last year I had a 2 year old so it was tricky to get to a game.

I haven’t been to lots of wins, just have attended **** all games.

I’ve been pretty selective with the games Ive attended. Titans this year, doggies last year and I didn’t attend any games in pies first season other than the trial v the Titans where we came back from 18-0 down to just win. In Wayne’s last year I had a 2 year old so it was tricky to get to a game.

Yep, I barely get along as well - I can only really take my old man to day games, so the opportunities are few and far between. Figures this year we have a few options and the team is trash.

this will be very interesting to see what type of body language we see from the playing group...

will we get 80 minutes of "we now DO give a ****" or absolutely nothing changes?

regardless of win or lose.....whats the attitude like for 80 minutes in this game?

this will be very interesting to see what type of body language we see from the playing group...

will we get 80 minutes of "we now DO give a ****" or absolutely nothing changes?

regardless of win or lose.....whats the attitude like for 80 minutes in this game?
It feels like the standalone origin weekend has been used as a reset point.

They have swiftly removed Nolan and Croll, and I suspect TPJ will be out the door within the next week or so.

I'd say DD has been working in the background undertaking his own review and has been building his list of redundancies and is using the 2-week hiatus of the comp as his time to overhaul the football department instead of waiting for the off season. I hope he has also been sorting out his list of replacements as well, because we can't be going without a replacement for Nolan for too long and I would NOT be promoting from within to replace him.

Some of the chopping and changing from Kevvie may have also been testing out as much of the squad as possible leading up to this point.

Given TPJ was told on his day off that he could look elsewhere... KW may have been doing his own review and making his own decisions leading up to Rd 15 as well.

Pending how quickly they can jettison the rot and deadwood from the club the players left when the dust settles and smoke clears may be revitalised knowing that they survived the bloodletting / restructure leading to some confidence that they're wanted by the club....

Alternatively if a lot of the deadwood hangs around the place then the environment will be absolutely toxic and there will be many more bad days ahead to round out the season.

It feels like the standalone origin weekend has been used as a reset point.

They have swiftly removed Nolan and Croll, and I suspect TPJ will be out the door within the next week or so.

I'd say DD has been working in the background undertaking his own review and has been building his list of redundancies and is using the 2-week hiatus of the comp as his time to overhaul the football department instead of waiting for the off season. I hope he has also been sorting out his list of replacements as well, because we can't be going without a replacement for Nolan for too long and I would NOT be promoting from within to replace him.

Some of the chopping and changing from Kevvie may have also been testing out as much of the squad as possible leading up to this point.

Given TPJ was told on his day off that he could look elsewhere... KW may have been doing his own review and making his own decisions leading up to Rd 15 as well.

Pending how quickly they can jettison the rot and deadwood from the club the players left when the dust settles and smoke clears may be revitalised knowing that they survived the bloodletting / restructure leading to some confidence that they're wanted by the club....

Alternatively if a lot of the deadwood hangs around the place then the environment will be absolutely toxic and there will be many more bad days ahead to round out the season.
Really good point the bolded one.

I haven’t been a huge detractor of Walters’ for changing the group around so frequently, but I also had not made this connection.

If this rebuild has been brewing in the background for a while, it would stand to reason that the players have been on audition, whether they knew it or not.

Hopefully with everything that is going on they just drop everybody who isn't in the plans / has signed elsewhere for next year for the rest of the season and not play them again at all, unless absolutely necessary from injuries / suspension.

Leave out Isaako, Oates, Coates, TPJ, Glenn, maybe Lodge depending on whether he actually stays or not.

Start building the core group and stick with them all regardless of results for the rest of the season.

1. Mead
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Niu / Arthurs
5. Farnworth
6. Kelly
7. Gamble
8. Bullemor
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Robati
12. Palasia
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Piakura
16. Flegler
17. Riki

Probably a bit thin on middles, but bring somebody from Q Cup through if needed - anything to keep the rot away from the group and let them start to build some combinations and learn to work together.

Can you believe five days later and these useless ***** have not even made a peep about Asiata, Cobbo or Arthars' head injuries?

Even the other team has:

Attended t wo games in two years. So after all this time, it turns out you ARE in fact Anthony Milford.

Attended t wo games in two years. So after all this time, it turns out you ARE in fact Anthony Milford.
I see what you did there.

Attendance dropped off after I had a kid. Used to be a season ticket holder but couldn’t justify a footy game every fortnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.