vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Broncos don't need Roberts on the field with Mam, TMM and Reynolds.

Do you think Grant is a playmaker for QLD?
The only point anyone made is the Roberts seemed more threatening than Turpin as a bench injection and that he could cover for Reynolds if needed. Whether he could play hooker is up for discussion.

Whether Grant is a "playmaker" is irrelevant. He plays like someone who thinks beyond the first pass. That's useful in every player. Just because you're capable of being a "playmaker" doesn't mean it's you who's calling the shots.

The only point anyone made is the Roberts seemed more threatening than Turpin as a bench injection and that he could cover for Reynolds if needed. Whether he could play hooker is up for discussion.

Whether Grant is a "playmaker" is irrelevant. He plays like someone who thinks beyond the first pass. That's useful in every player. Just because you're capable of being a "playmaker" doesn't mean it's you who's calling the shots.
It's relevant when you bring it up as an argument for having 4 playmakers on the field. Now you want to change the definition of a playmaker being someone who thinks it's someone that thinks 1 pass ahead?

I've always said Turpin is a useless bench option, should be starting 9 or ISC.

It's relevant when you bring it up as an argument for having 4 playmakers on the field. Now you want to change the definition of a playmaker being someone who thinks it's someone that thinks 1 pass ahead?

He's also a useless 9, he offers nothing in attack whatsoever. He would be a fine tackle bot 13 from about 20 years ago, he is in the wrong era.

As for Grant, how can you say he is NOT a playmaker unless you are of the view a playmaker can only be the organising member of the spine?

Does he kick? Yes
Does he run? Yes
Does he pass? Yes
Does he bring his forwards on to the ball? Yes
Does he pick and choose which spine member to pass to on the 4th or 5th? Yes
Does he play eyes up football and react to what he sees? Yes
Does he kick on the fifth tackle? No

These are things you want from your 9 and hence a reason they are considered part of a team's spine, they are part of the creative process of a team. This is why hookers of Grant's ability and stature are so sought after and hard to find.

So unless you are saying a playmaker can only be a playmaker if he takes the fifth tackle kick regularly, then Grant is a playmaker and indeed, a very good one.

He's also a useless 9, he offers nothing in attack whatsoever. He would be a fine tackle bot 13 from about 20 years ago, he is in the wrong era.

As for Grant, how can you say he is NOT a playmaker unless you are of the view a playmaker can only be the organising member of the spine?

Does he kick? Yes
Does he run? Yes
Does he pass? Yes
Does he bring his forwards on to the ball? Yes
Does he pick and choose which spine member to pass to on the 4th or 5th? Yes
Does he play eyes up football and react to what he sees? Yes
Does he kick on the fifth tackle? No

These are things you want from your 9 and hence a reason they are considered part of a team's spine, they are part of the creative process of a team. This is why hookers of Grant's ability and stature are so sought after and hard to find.

So unless you are saying a playmaker can only be a playmaker if he takes the fifth tackle kick regularly, then Grant is a playmaker and indeed, a very good one.
Does he kick on the fifth tackle? No (Yes - he did once against us and kicked for nearly 100m in the game)

Honestly I just thought a play maker was someone that calls plays and makes decisions about the direction the team is going. In that case teams have more than one play maker, but obviously a main play maker.

But we should probably ask Bookhaki first.

I never said anything about needing 4 playmakers. Only the best players we have available in each position. And when choosing a utility, it's handy if they can play more than one position. The best players tend to be able to make plays. I'm fucked if I can even slightly work out what you're on about.

You seriously think QLD use Grant as a playmaker?

If he is running from dummy half and selecting who to pass to .

He is play making . IMO .

Play making is not just halves and full backs . Creating space or putting a fwd into a gap is play making .

Despite the Broncos looking the best they've looked for 7 years, this is the least confident I've been against the Cowboys in that time as well. Cowboys are the real deal.

Despite the Broncos looking the best they've looked for 7 years, this is the least confident I've been against the Cowboys in that time as well. Cowboys are the real deal.
Yeah, I have to agree.. I don't give us much of a chance if Reynolds doesn't play..

Cowboys are the real deal.
They remind me of 2018 dragons. Forward pack basically running over the top of every other team, Dufty-->Drinkwater, Hunt-->Dearden, Widdop-->Townsend.

Cows at the moment are running on a high. They've almost forgotten how to lose, just so much confidence in that squad. I keep waiting for them to have a loss and the confidence to falter, but it just doesn't happen, they're finding ways to win. As much as I'd love to see us get one over them, I can't see it next weekend unfortunately.

No way. Thurston was always just a pass away from beating us pretty much every time we played them.

They are pretty well balanced though, especially with Robson and Drinkwater settling into their roles. Taumalolo hasn't had to do it all himself with Cotter stepping up. He'll be hard to stop.

Haas in doubt with a suspected "high ankle sprain." Scans today.

Anyone aware of any other injuries from this round?

Might need some beauty sleep today:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.