Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

C'mon people, the refs were inept for both sides, we had plenty of chance to win,the Broncs started jogging at 22 nil. Blame the team and Griffin......Hoggman as usual was crap, Hunt was Herculean ,Hodges was ordinary as was Copley,Stagg,Thaiday,Wallace,Barba,Reed in fact there were only a few good ones, Oates was good as well as Hannant,Granville too. We just didn't have enough people playing well....but it wasn't the refs, they were equally bad for both..Nicholls for 5/8
Spot on, Hunt provided, Granville grasped his opportunity tonight, he played well, was allusive and provided good service from dummy half. He runs kept the defence on the back foot and thinking. Taking him off after half time and putting the slower Stagg in was a typical master stroke by Griffin, no wonder the Sharks started rolling forward and punching through the middle of the pack. We need another ball player Nicholls wouldn't disappoint, and I reckon Nikorima would benefit from some bench time. We missed Parker and Gillett tonight.

Last season, yes. This season I haven't seen much. It seems like you and BP are pulling me up on it when I bring it up and getting defensive. Surely you can't defend him all season if he keeps this up...

I got no beef with you mate, infact I don't know why you have seen need right from the start of the Sam Thaiday discussion in this thread to single me out and then bring Big Pete into it, I don't think Sam Thaiday is anyway free from criticism, hell I have criticised him plenty over the years, but I believe in balance too if I feel a player has played well overall in a season I'll say it, if he hasn't I'll say it too, have a problem with that, that is yours not mine.

Look mate lets not argue over something so petty, lets move on.

Protected species? Sam cops it on here more than anyone. All fine and dandy but if you're going to pull one of these...

Expect to be called on it, especially if you go on with it like you did.

Really, just a prime example of members on here making a scapegoat of players when it wasn't an issue.

Hoffman...

Quite a bad loss, but I guess we just have to look towards the future and not dwell on this. The thing that most hurts is that this is our 5TH game that we've lost in the last 10 mins. Titans, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Eels and now Sharks..... This loss really exposed McCullough's and Parker's value within the team.

It is quite true that Hoffman fcked us up once again. However, it is not his fault.... I'm pretty sure he himself doesnt wanna play at 5/8. Griffin needs to make changes or get sacked. i really think we need to swap barba and hoffman. The only real benefit that Hoffman brings at 5/8 is solid defence for a half. But in saying that, barba has seemed pretty solid in defence when playing fullbacks especially with numerous trysavers. Barba at five eighth in my opinion srsly looks better and more efficient. He can actually pass and kick decently; unlike Hoffman. By having Barba at 5/8, Hunt can acutally have someone to help him! Having hoffman at fullback would also provide stronger carries from kicks - something barba cannot provide.

The only real positive note to take from the game was Hala's and Hunt's developing confidence.

Hoffman...

Definitely, though I think that comes out from fustration more then anything with the decision making to play him there, I don't think he would be anywhere near as bad on the wing let alone fullback, hell if he was on the wing he would probably be as good as he was last season. I don't blame Hoffman for playing 5/8th, because that's not his decision I find it fustrating though to watch and I think that is acceptable.

Last edited:
what the shit, everyone in this forum isnt even half an nrl coaches arsehole, YET we all can see some blinding issues with our beloved team...what the **** is going on at the broncos? we want answers....we deserve answers

what the shit, everyone in this forum isnt even half an nrl coaches arsehole, YET we all can see some blinding issues with our beloved team...what the **** is going on at the broncos? we want answers....we deserve answers

Complacency and a toxic lack of interest in being successful on field. If they were, Griffin would have been gone long ago.

Definitely, though I think that comes out from fustration more then anything with the decision making to play him there, I don't think he would be anywhere near as bad on the wing let alone fullback, hell if he was on the wing he would probably be as good as he was last season. I don't blame Hoffman for playing 5/8th, because that's not his decision I find it fustrating though to watch and I think that is acceptable.

Yeah I agree. Anyway thanks lads. Come on Broncos!

We can blame the ref for a few bad calls but honestly, we are a fucking disgrace of a footy team. I watched the Manly VS Roosters game and it finally occurred to me how bad we really are.
We shouldn't of lost tonight. We should of won comfortably.

What a fucking disgrace. I don't know what else to say. Griffin, GTFO.

Not gonna bother reading through the thread I'll just say wat the **** just happened. Did we think we could just coast for the whole second half? Lol tbh all I can do is laugh that loss was in the cards all week.

Also how is Stagg in this team? If a slow week player to get smashed every time he gets the ball I can do it for half if wat they pay Stagg.

You can't use the refs as an excuse when you have a 22 point start.

That was beyond deplorable.

Fucking shameful performance.

Just when I was starting to a feel a little optimistic about the Broncs again, they go and give me that fucking bullshit. Just **** off.

In fact, it's bad enough losing when you have a 22 point lead, but to lose to the team that hasn't scored a fucking point in over a month... words fail me. Disgraceful.

I am fucking livid.

Probably the worst I've get after a loss in a long time. I haven't read through this thread yet but anyone blaming the ref are in denial.

I'm actually glad that we're losing again. Griffey, and Hoff being carried to the finals by a couple of good players instead of being shown for the duds they are wouldn't even be worth a premiership to me.

Better to find out now before game 3 than during it.....

I like Copley but **** his hands are going to ruin a very promising career.

Copley to center and Maranta to wing. Maranta has been safe as houses under the high ball. Copley plays better when Hodges isn't there...

Active Now

• Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.