Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

How the hell do we lose to the friggin sharks?

Can say that about any player on the field.

Singling out Thaiday just seems benign.

True, especially when you pick one stat to do so and ignore the fact he did a lot of work in defense for us tonight, same could be said for Hoffman(who I have singled out I must admit), though I think most of that comes from fustration of this belief from the club his our only option at 5/8th.

It's funny we want to sign a player on massive money to replace the one guy who is irreplaceable.

to be far ... the media keep linking him with us. it doesn't mean we are actually chasing him. their could be several reasons why we haven't re-signed him ye, such as (in no particular order)

1. waiting for the conclusion of the salary cap investigation
2. worrying about the players we have off contract for 2015 first
3. the board is seriously planning on sacking Griffin and want to wait for the new coach's input before we re-sign any players past 2015.

it's just speculation though, maybe i should write an article for the courier mail and watch everyone claim its fact :rofl:

Most times he had the ball, the pass was the better option.

Can't win with some members of the crowd though.

Can't win on the field either.

BTW, his average for the year can't be over 50.

The majority of his games this season have been great, one poor game doesn't change that.

Can say that about any player on the field.

Singling out Thaiday just seems benign.

Considering he's our big name forward who plays origin, I think it's warranted. Runs more and harder for QLD when it's full of big names. Tonight we had McGuire and Glenn and missing Parker. No better time to put your hand up to lead..

That run of form on the wing for the special one has cursed us.

He'll probably piss off once he realises he's locked into a contract now and has to be a 'lowly' winger again next year.

1. Milford
6. Cherry Evans
7. Hunt

I'm just about at the end of my tether with Barba. He was quiet AGAIN tonight.

That run of form on the wing for the special one has cursed us.

He'll probably piss off once he realises he's locked into a contract now and has to be a 'lowly' winger again next year.

I assume you're talking about Hoffman? Let the **** go. I will fucking celebrate seeing the back of him moreso than I did Norman.

Last edited:
where does 22-nil sit in the biggest second half comebacks of all time ?

considering the sharks haven't been able to score a point for 4 weeks or something means this is pretty major. says a lot about our performance.

barba can only do so much with the bare minimum opportunities he gets. if he was playing at the dogs this year he'd be killing it

Dunno but does it compare to the Broncos effort in the finals of 2006 against the Dogs? being 20-6 down at halftime to win 37-20.

They were dreadful in defense but no side comes back from 22-0 down with 30 to go without the refs having an influence, the Broncos wouldn't have had 10 sets in the whole second half and at one point the sharks had 8 sets in a row, any side is going to leak points up against that lopsided possession and with barely any penalties it was a weird game but inexcusable that they lost.

The forwards were out-muscled again and Thaiday might as well not have played he was that quiet.

The majority of his games this season have been great, one poor game doesn't change that.

True, especially when you pick one stat to do so and ignore the fact he did a lot of work in defense for us tonight, same could be said for Hoffman(who I have singled out I must admit), though I think most of that comes from fustration of this belief from the club his our only option at 5/8th.

I agree with you he's probably been better without the captaincy. But McGuire made more tackles and how many runs? Heck even Granville ran for more. My main point, and I've made it before, is Thaiday used to be Parker-like. What happened?

Dunno but does it compare to the Broncos effort in the finals of 2006 against the Dogs? being 20-6 down at halftime to win 37-20.

we had a grandmaster at 5/8th for that game. and to think who has replaced him now is disgusting

we had a grandmaster at 5/8th for that game. and to think who has replaced him now is disgusting

True, though that was a finals game when everything was on the line lot tougher conditions then a game where you got nothing to lose and getting gift opportunities through the ref.

20 minus 6 = 14, so no ... from memory I think the cowboys held the record from a game back in 99' or 2000 when they came back from 26-nil down at halftime against penrith

Last edited:
Can't win on the field either.

BTW, his average for the year can't be over 50.

Sammy has a GF ring that says otherwise. :whoo:

Considering he's our big name forward who plays origin, I think it's warranted. Runs more and harder for QLD when it's full of big names. Tonight we had McGuire and Glenn and missing Parker. No better time to put your hand up to lead..

Considering we had bugger all ball, and the pass was the better option I believe that tells you all you need to know about the running stats.

It's scapegoating and I wouldn't have an issue with it given the nature of the past two weeks if you weren't having a go at good posters like my mate GC.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Rookie Alan
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.