Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
We are giving up too many easy meters. The dogs seemed to have some sort of shot at our line nearly every set of six. We don't seem to have the go forward in the forwards to respond serve.

Also , we didn't look that threatening when we did have a shot at their line.

All in all we are looking more like the 2014 Broncos . Competitive ,but not serous contenders.

Yeah I was expecting improvement on last season... It's the Griffin era all over again!! I used to be confident every week, swear I've aged 15 yrs in the last 5

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
They don't ball play- they offload or pass well before the line. That's not the same thing.

Ball play is Gavin Miller.

Greg bird can, elijah taylor does. But no I don't know of any props that do. Passing between props to keep the defence on their toes is something different and what graham does.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Now we're in below average form and don't have any backs who can jump in to dummy half and give us a scoot out of our own end, it's becoming a serious issue, teams have figured us out to an extent.

Well..we actually do.

One is going ok at it and the other isn't doing it at all / enough.

Oates & Roberts.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I've been wanting a big aggressive forward/prop/s since Petro saw better days.

It's typically after playing the Bulldogs that I rage the most. We always seem to get monstered against them.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I've been wanting a big aggressive forward/prop/s since Petro saw better days.

It's typically after playing the Bulldogs that I rage the most. We always seem to get monstered against them.

Ahhh for the days when we had 2-3 of them.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Is it a coincidence that we copped two hidings after Origin, while missing Gillett in one, and having an ineffective Gillett in the second? The amount of cleaning up he does in defense is criminally underrated, until he has a bad game 3 days after playing 80 minutes in an intense Origin game.

Last year was well and truly an exception to our normal Origin woes. Having to back-up from all Origin games at opponents with monster packs (Warriors, Dogs, Souffs) is just fucking ridiculous, but as usual nothing will be done about it in the future, because... we get all the Friday night games, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Is it a coincidence that we copped two hidings after Origin, while missing Gillett in one, and having an ineffective Gillett in the second? The amount of cleaning up he does in defense is criminally underrated, until he has a bad game 3 days after playing 80 minutes in an intense Origin game.

Last year was well and truly an exception to our normal Origin woes. Having to back-up from all Origin games at opponents with monster packs (Warriors, Dogs, Souffs) is just ****ing ridiculous, but as usual nothing will be done about it in the future, because... we get all the Friday night games, blah blah blah.

Let's hope the club are taking a good hard look at what they want in a forward pack for the next decade with the likes of Thaiday & Parker on the way out. Perhaps our club thought the reduced interchange would have had a bigger impact on the way the game is played?

It's true what the old head's say, games are won in the forwards & I'm sick of seeing the way our team plays (even if it did get us to a GF last year). I miss seeing having a forward pack that's feared and that you can rely on. I hate the cowboys/sharks & roosters because i envy the shit out of that pack. Every game i watch Taumalolo terrorize us in games makes me wonder WTF we're thinking.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I dare say Gillett is forced to do far more tidying up in defence than he should have to, he rarely cracks the 100 metres run in a game, yet he's one of the best running backrowers in the game, I think we're completely wasting his talents right now tbh.

Right now for 2017 I'm hoping we go with something along these lines..

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Thaiday
15. Wallace
16. Ofahengaue / Ese'ese
17. <Bench Utility>

I think that's a good mixture of forward momentum and skill in the starting line-up, then we've got 2-3 reliable forwards on the bench who can generally give you a solid 70-100 metres per game with good defence.

Edit: I realise I've left Glenn & Blair out of the 17, it's a hard choice because they've been pretty good for us, I just don't think the league right now is heading towards what they offer (an edge back rower who doesn't hit hard in defence and has little to no creative instinct, and a forward who whilst is great in defence and doing the 1%ers, is incapable of getting us in the field position we need to be for our spine to work their magic)

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
You are getting rid of Blair I take it?

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Let's hope the club are taking a good hard look at what they want in a forward pack for the next decade with the likes of Thaiday & Parker on the way out. Perhaps our club thought the reduced interchange would have had a bigger impact on the way the game is played?

100%. The impact of the reduced interchange is just nullified by the fat ***** being allowed to lie all over the ruck.

It's no coincidence that our first halves are much better than our seconds. The referees put the whistle away after half time and our advantage goes out the window.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I thought Waddell played well, gave it all in a badly beaten side. Top tackler with 57 tackles and 5 misses although the ones he missed he chased and made up for. I don't think McCullough would have made any difference to the result. Gillett missed 7 and Ese'ese also missed 5 so it makes Waddell's effort quite good by comparison. I kind of felt a little better after listening to WBs media commitment and it certainly didn't appear as though he was overly concerned and he seemed to think that we are going okay and that once things settle down after Origin that we can regain our mojo.

I don't think the seasons lost and a hungry and hurting Broncos side will again be a force come seasons end.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I thought Waddell played well, gave it all in a badly beaten side. Top tackler with 57 tackles and 5 misses although the ones he missed he chased and made up for. I don't think McCullough would have made any difference to the result. Gillett missed 7 and Ese'ese also missed 5 so it makes Waddell's effort quite good by comparison. I kind of felt a little better after listening to WBs media commitment and it certainly didn't appear as though he was overly concerned and he seemed to think that we are going okay and that once things settle down after Origin that we can regain our mojo.

I don't think the seasons lost and a hungry and hurting Broncos side will again be a force come seasons end.

I have my doubts as to whether that will occur, but I am hoping that we signs of it against the Storm. A win would be awesome and could be the kickstart we are looking for.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just two observations for the moment:

1. As Bennett said, it's the non-Origin players who are the real worry; Time to remove fingers ...

2. I want to see all our forwards hit like Sammy hit Klemmer in Origin 2 ... but week in, week out. Should make a habit of it. Works wonders.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
Take the first choice hooker out of any current top four team (I'd say top eight, but the Dogs seem to manage OK without Lichaa, who is criminally overrated) and they'd struggle big time. I have faith that we can regather some momentum after origin. Ideally we would string a few on the trot and come in against the Sharks at ANZ, who, imo, are the weakest of the top eight sides.

Number three is our glaring Achilles heel. We need to sign a quality centre for this spot, or a winger and chuck Kahu in here, because without Oates this side of the field just has no penetration whatsoever.

EDIT: Su'A is special. Glenn will have to step up, because at eighteen Jaydn is almost at his level. Also, the refereeing was, as usual, absolutely horrendous. The played at call and a couple of penalties swung momentum big time, but that's just stock standard these days.

Agree with u on th sua call...looks the goods. Thank god Glenn has some competition on that edge. Griffin mainly and now Bennett seem to have him as one of the first names on the team sheet when I would have looked to drop him here and there over the past couple of years

R

Robofish123

Jun 26, 2016
Hello, Raiders fan here.

How do you lot whinge about having too many Origin players? I'd gladly take 6 fucking Origin players that miss one or two games a year and play a bit tired another 2 or 3.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Hello, Raiders fan here. How do you lot whinge about having too many Origin players? I'd gladly take 6 fucking Origin players that miss one or two games a year and play a bit tired another 2 or 3.

Ricky Stuart is that you?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hello, Raiders fan here.

How do you lot whinge about having too many Origin players? I'd gladly take 6 fucking Origin players that miss one or two games a year and play a bit tired another 2 or 3.

Hello, Broncos Fan Forum here.

We can whinge about exactly whatever the **** we want to whinge about on our own forum.

Further to that, if you were actually reading the comments instead of just trolling you would notice that most people are discussing the issues outside of origin players.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • The Strapper
  • BRC088
  • john1420
  • leon.bott
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • upthebroncs
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • TimWhatley
  • Maroon4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.