Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
What? I don't want to move on to the next one, I still want Su'A & Pangai in the team every week, they've been great overall for us. I just think we need 1 or 2 more guys who can actually have some impact and make 10-12 metres most runs, rather than making 6 metres and getting pushed back 4 metres, which is more or less what some of our forwards do week in week out.

So which ball playing forward don't you want? The Broncos don't even have any ball playing forwards so I am unsure who you're referring to when you say that. Arrow is no where near as mundane as you've been led to believe.

Someone has to come out for Arrow to come into the side for the Storm game?

Last edited:
Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Only when Lockyer was still playing. I always thought that Locky's leadership and silky moves made everyone around him better than they are.

On topic I think we found our new captain next year - Macca. Thaiday doesn't want it and I will RAGE if Blair gets it. Maybe Milf in a couple more years but hell no to Hunt - barely controls the flow of the game. You need captains that are great communicators both on and off field.

Last note - is our left centre cursed or has Reed voodooed that spot so no-one else can get it??

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
So which ball playing forward don't you want? The Broncos don't even have any ball playing forwards so I am unsure who you're referring to when you say that. Arrow is no where near as mundane as you've been led to believe.

Someone has to come out for Arrow to come into the side for the Storm game?

Blair is the guy I'm alluding to, he plays prop forward and makes virtually no metres on hit ups, I haven't noticed his brilliant defensive work as much this season either. I don't think we're ever going to win the forward battle against big teams whilst he's in the 17, unless he changes his mentality drastically.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Absolutely. I know it's a strange circumstance that when players aren't up to the job, fans look for someone else to do it...

Unheard of I know...

Demanding selection of a player from ISC you've never seen play then dumping him after a week because the NRL side lost badly and moving onto the next random ISC player.

That's the New South Wales selection rule; how's it working?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Demanding selection of a player from ISC you've never seen play then dumping him after a week because the NRL side lost badly and moving onto the next random ISC player.

Im not sure if you're having some weird self reflection moment, but nobody on here is talking about dumping any of the players we've brought up from the ISC this year, Pangai has been great virtually every week for us and should be in the team, Ese'ese has been good, plays a similar role to Ofahengaue, whom he'll probably interchange with later in the season, Su'A has been great and is from the NYC.

Which ISC player do you want to see dropped?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Blair is the guy I'm alluding to, he plays prop forward and makes virtually no metres on hit ups, I haven't noticed his brilliant defensive work as much this season either. I don't think we're ever going to win the forward battle against big teams whilst he's in the 17, unless he changes his mentality drastically.

I don't think Blair matches your description at all of what you want gone. He doesn't ball play and his job isn't to make meters. Last night he was poor but if you're waiting for him to make 200m a game he never will.

He's a good link to the backs and offload and generally strong in the ruck in defence and in cover across the park.

That's dropping a player because something that wasn't his role isn't getting done- like dropping a bowler for not getting enough runs.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Actually I'm not sure that is what he was 'demanding'...

But nevermind, I see the blinkered 'absolutely nothing is wrong here' mentality is alive and well.

That always fixes everything...

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I don't think Blair matches your description at all of what you want gone. He doesn't ball play and his job isn't to make meters. Last night he was poor but if you're waiting for him to make 200m a game he never will.

He's a good link to the backs and offload and generally strong in the ruck in defence and in cover across the park.

That's dropping a player because something that wasn't his role isn't getting done- like dropping a bowler for not getting enough runs.

Sweet gig. Plays prop, doesn't need to make metres or ball play.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Im not sure if you're having some weird self reflection moment, but nobody on here is talking about dumping any of the players we've brought up from the ISC this year, Pangai has been great virtually every week for us and should be in the team, Ese'ese has been good, plays a similar role to Ofahengaue, whom he'll probably interchange with later in the season, Su'A has been great and is from the NYC.

Which ISC player do you want to see dropped?

You called for players to get dropped but didn't name them. Your original post was vague. I can only speculate who you want dropped and to be honest your normal MO is naming guys from anywhere and cutting guys loose pretty dam quickly.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Sweet gig. Plays prop, doesn't need to make metres or ball play.

Name a prop in the NRL that does ball play?

You can carry Blair in the side for his other qualities in the middle, but it requires other guys to really do well and pick up a bit of slack.

Manly carried Menzies for years and he made bugger all meters because he filled another role that was important. But it meant the other forwards had to cover him a bit.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

So we have a guy starting at prop who doesn't have "make metres" in his job description, and we're wondering why we're losing the forward battle every week? The difference between Blair and all of these other forwards who link with the backs and can offload is, they all make 125+ metres every week.. James Graham, Ben Matulino, Jesse Bromwich, to name a few.

It's a massive detriment to the team to have a guy like Blair starting in the middle who is incapable of getting us forward, and he offers nothing off the bench apart from being an oversized secondary Five-Eighth.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
His #1 job is to keep the ruck tight. He was fantastic last year, not so much of late.

It worked well last year because the team was in good form, and we had Hodges getting us 10-15 metres out of trouble every 2nd set, which hid a lot of the problems of having a non-prop starting at prop.

Now we're in below average form and don't have any backs who can jump in to dummy half and give us a scoot out of our own end, it's becoming a serious issue, teams have figured us out to an extent.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Parker is more a front row and Blair a lock- they just don't wear the right number and Blair doesn't defend on the edge.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Take the first choice hooker out of any current top four team (I'd say top eight, but the Dogs seem to manage OK without Lichaa, who is criminally overrated) and they'd struggle big time. I have faith that we can regather some momentum after origin. Ideally we would string a few on the trot and come in against the Sharks at ANZ, who, imo, are the weakest of the top eight sides.

Number three is our glaring Achilles heel. We need to sign a quality centre for this spot, or a winger and chuck Kahu in here, because without Oates this side of the field just has no penetration whatsoever.

EDIT: Su'A is special. Glenn will have to step up, because at eighteen Jaydn is almost at his level. Also, the refereeing was, as usual, absolutely horrendous. The played at call and a couple of penalties swung momentum big time, but that's just stock standard these days.

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Name a prop in the NRL that does ball play?

You can carry Blair in the side for his other qualities in the middle, but it requires other guys to really do well and pick up a bit of slack.

Manly carried Menzies for years and he made bugger all meters because he filled another role that was important. But it meant the other forwards had to cover him a bit.

Apart from James Graham, Sam Kasiano, Ben Matalino, Jesse Bromich, Andrew Fifita and so on?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Apart from James Graham, Sam Kasiano, Ben Matalino, Jesse Bromich, Andrew Fifita and so on?

They don't ball play- they offload or pass well before the line. That's not the same thing.

Ball play is Gavin Miller.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
We are giving up too many easy meters. The dogs seemed to have some sort of shot at our line nearly every set of six. We don't seem to have the go forward in the forwards to return serve.

Also , we didn't look that threatening when we did have a shot at their line.

All in all we are looking more like the 2014 Broncos . Competitive ,but not serous contenders.

Last edited:

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • upthebroncs
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • TimWhatley
  • Maroon4life
  • leon.bott
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Redfern_1980
  • Financeguy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.