Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
He's called Kevin Walters and coaches Queensland now... :rolleyes:

Why are you still going? Do we need to treat you the same way as Cacofonix?

Can Walters come back once origin wraps up?

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
it was just an all round **** of a game from us. Attack and defence. I don't think there was one player out there that would be all that happy with their own performance tonight. I'd like to think we have hit rock bottom though and can only get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Given our performances over the past two months, scoring as many points as we concede would be an improvement... We are 2 from 7 and a bye since the end of April you know...

I do know... do you know that we score points every week as well?

Its super simple, the way to win games is to have more points on the board than the other team at the end of 80 mins.

Defence wins games. But only offence gets people hard around here.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I do know... do you know that we score points every week as well?

Its super simple, the way to win games is to have more points on the board than the other team at the end of 80 mins.

Defence wins games. But only offence gets people hard around here.

We haven't been out scoring many teams on a regular basis for a long time. I for one love defence. I just dislike the fact that we don't seem to value it as a club any longer.

Last edited:
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Everyone saying that it's just mid of the season. This season Broncos not form good as compare to last year. So 10 round left. Our away record is very bad. Let discuss what are the problems this season for Broncos. Is problem with coaching, halves, fowards. Tonight the momentum change when Blair flick pass to tony. This season Blair is not running hard. He just passing the ball to other players. Looking at the Parker. He is offload King. But he run hard all the game. Our origin player Maguire and Parker was best on the ground so fair. Sue played very good. This is his second 80 minute game. I am not sure what gone happened on Friday match against storm. I think last year players know that if they not perform well, they will not be in the team. But this year I am not sure what is gone on.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
How did Opacic and Sua play?

Opacic was solid for the first 20 minutes or so, but then tore his fascia in his foot and was gone for the game. Now out for 4-6 weeks.

Sua was fairly solid in an otherwise well beaten team. Put on some good hits and tried hard without a lot of help from his fellow forwards for the most part.

Last edited:
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
How did Opacic and Sua play?
Opacic played on 20 minutes. He got injured. So far he was good. Defensively good and he run dummy half run too. Sua is future star. I can't believe it he played 80 minute. He can hit players. How old he is?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I like Su'A, but I feel if he starts against Storm then he is going to be caught out a bit defensively and put us under a bit of pressure early. I think he would be better off playing from the bench.

I noticed quite a few times he was slow getting into marker and getting back into the defensive line. I can see Smith exploiting that.

We'll be going up against a side that take advantage of weaknesses better than everyone else. We need everyone to lift their game.

Last edited:
C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
Such an empty feeling after that loss. Not many positives to draw from it, other than hoping they learn from it and draw on it as motivation

While our forward pack got best over, I love the composure and tenacity shown by Su'a.

Opacic didn't look at all out of place, his injury was a bitter pill. But surely we could've shuffled better than kodi to centre. I'd have preferred Su'a or Gillett (especially given his fatigue) to centre. Waddell could've done a stint in 2nd row as he has.

Kodi wouldve been invaluable around the ruck.

I often question whether it's my broncos tinted glasses, but now I'm adamant we get THE worst treatment in the ruck. We are given no leeway, and it has huge ramifications.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Such an empty feeling after that loss. Not many positives to draw from it, other than hoping they learn from it and draw on it as motivation

While our forward pack got best over, I love the composure and tenacity shown by Su'a.

Opacic didn't look at all out of place, his injury was a bitter pill. But surely we could've shuffled better than kodi to centre. I'd have preferred Su'a or Gillett (especially given his fatigue) to centre. Waddell could've done a stint in 2nd row as he has.

Kodi wouldve been invaluable around the ruck.

I often question whether it's my broncos tinted glasses, but now I'm adamant we get THE worst treatment in the ruck. We are given no leeway, and it has huge ramifications.

This has been an issue for years IMO. We get called up immediately as we put them on the ground - especially Macca, listen to the refs every time Macca makes a freaking tackle, as soon as they hit the ground the refs are calling him off. Tonight there was one penalty against TPJ(?) that was ridiculously rough given the working over in the ruck we got from the Dogs. Simple fact is that we don't wrestle, everyone else pretty much does. It's blindingly obvious. And because we don't, when we do try and slow it down a bit we get pinged. Repeatedly, some games. It seems to me to have a huge impact also. But maybe it's my bronco-tinted glasses too.

Wallace I believe was injured. I don't understand the Hunt hate, he put in that beautiful chip for Milf (which some have been screaming for), gained at least one repeat set (again which many have been screaming for) and had T-Rex running at him half the night. He wasn't that bad, but hey, BHQ needs a scapegoat right? Milf for mine was super quiet again. And the defence we had last year is gone. Yeah we had a few of players out and a few others backing up from origin but it was an issue long before that. I have to wonder if the stories about friction within the playing group are true. Because at the moment, this is NOT a team playing for each other and for the coach like they were last year. It's fucking depressing because we all know they're so much better than this, and if there's one thing that pisses me off as a fan is guys not putting in. I can cop if we give it our all and lose to a better team. I can't cop losing to a team we should beat. Tonight was always going to be tough up against that size with so many young forwards and tired origin bods. But IMO that simply wasn't good enough. I hope Bennett either gives them a rocket or whatever else they need because I see no result but a Storm slaughter next week. 30+

I'm sick of origin impacting us. I've given it some thought lately, and what other sport would allow a few games which have no bearing on the premiership to impact negatively on a handful of teams for a full quarter of the season??? It's absolute bullshit. Origin needs to be a standalone month, with no club games during that period. 2 weeks leadup, then a week between the 3 games. This middle-of-the-season bullshit has got to stop. Suspensions gained in clubland should be served in clubland, and those in rep games in rep games. Yeah I'm a bit more passionate about it this year because Origin has really fucked us more than usually, but why the hell should some clubs suffer while others get a golden run? It's fucked.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
After tonight's game any bullshit i hear about us looking to sign Inglis better be a load of shit.

If Bennett doesn't buy us some decent props to start with McGuire and one off the bench i'm not going to be happy.

Sick of watching us get bashed up the middle every week. When you consider the 3 teams on top this year being the Storm/Cowboys & Sharks all boast an aggressive large pack it legit scares me to think what will happen to our pack of powderpuffs.

2006 - Civo, Webcke, Thaiday, Thorn, Carroll, Parker, Carlaw, Hannant.

FMD make it happen.

Last edited:
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It wasn't good. A lot of shirt grabbing out there, which I really don't like.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Sam kasiano stomps all over us everytime. How many tries has he scored against us? Throw in klemmer and its pee wee Herman vs Godzilla.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
This year broncos player are getting too much injuries. Broncos forward struggle big time if the other team forward are big. If broncos need to win premiership, forwards need to dominate in the middle.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
This year broncos player are getting too much injuries. Broncos forward struggle big time if the other team forward are big. If broncos need to win premiership, forwards need to dominate in the middle.

That's not possible with the team that has been assembled. The team assembled is designed around defence and playing until the other team invites us down the other end through penalties/errors. With this pack we deliberately concede metres and forgo middle dominanace in the belief we can defend our line and wear the other team down.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I wish we still had Dodds.

Can we get him back from England?

He wasn't the kind of bloke that broke tackles all over the field and made heaps of matters, but he was a hard hitter and very strong defensively. He really helped our middle defence last year.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scdeac
  • Fozz
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosAlways
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.