Round 16 Discussion

Good to know AP I think that's the first time I've seen you say that.

Was I the only one who saw Melbourne defeat Manly at Brookvale without Slater?

My apologies, how could I overlook this achievement. Congrates to Melb and super coach Bellamy for winning a game without Billy Slater.

and its the same with coaches as it is with players - just because you win the premiership doesnt mean your coach is the best coach in the league.

Oh well. I'd rather be a "has-been" coach who has won 7 premierships (Wayne) than the best coach who has never won a Premiership (Craig).

I think WB vs CB has been done to death and doesn't need to be dredged up again. It's just going to go round and round and round. It's off topic and ANY further posts on that particular subject will see this thread closed. By all means discuss their failures or success relevant for this round but anything further is off limits.

Finally the knights get a penalty. Tigers all over the play the ball

**** me dead, no wonder Uate got dropped, owned by Lote Tuquiri.

There's been a worrying lack of intensity by the Knights in this game. Their line speed is bad, they are letting the Tigers get fast play the balls, not wrapping up the ball and their attack has very little structure or purpose to it. Without trying to incite a WB debate, these are all signs of bad coaching, and it's very surprising from a WB coached team.

There's been a worrying lack of intensity by the Knights in this game. Their line speed is bad, they are letting the Tigers get fast play the balls, not wrapping up the ball and their attack has very little structure or purpose to it. Without trying to incite a WB debate, these are all signs of bad coaching, and it's very surprising from a WB coached team.

Whats yor opinion now? :smile:

Whats yor opinion now? :smile:

For the period I was commenting on? Still the same. Their line speed was bad, their attacks were breaking down, had no structure and they were letting the Tigers have far too many quick play the balls.

They've turned it around through better defence and a moment of stupidity from Ray Cashmere. But don't try acting all smart ass just because they've improved. It doesn't take away from the fact that their opening 20 minutes was abysmal, and uncharacteristic of a Bennett coached team.

For the period I was commenting on? Still the same. Their line speed was bad, their attacks were breaking down, had no structure and they were letting the Tigers have far too many quick play the balls.

They've turned it around through better defence and a moment of stupidity from Ray Cashmere. But don't try acting all smart ass just because they've improved. It doesn't take away from the fact that their opening 20 minutes was abysmal, and uncharacteristic of a Bennett coached team.

Yeah sorry im getting a little too excited.

Last edited:
Yeah sorrym im getting a little too excited.

Yeah that's cool. I'm not saying the Knights are totally shit or anything -- and I did actually tip them (though mostly because it's a Monday night game). I just thought that a team who lost at home to the Raiders last time out who had a bye last week should have started with a lot more intensity than they did.

Why is that a knock on from Farah? That was no different to Hayne in Origin.

Seems similar to our game with Newcastle, only the Tigers didn't score as many points in their good opening 20 minutes.
And it actually looks like Newcastle will go on with this.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Rambstien
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.