Round 16 - PRE GAME - Newcastle Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Tend to agree but still remains to be seen if that will be the final lineup, wouldn't be surprised for example to see Oates back onto the bench and Copley in the backline.
I reckon that is what will happen.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What's the point of naming someone on the bench if you're just going to change it before the game?

I don't really see the point in it..

But anyway, I hope Copley goes well. He hasn't had much time to really work on his game, if I recall this is the second time he is coming back from an injury since being dropped. Hopefully all will be well and he will have a blinder.

I'm still predicting an easy win.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane will ride out their form for another week and win comfortably.

Knights aren't that bad on paper and should challenge the Broncos....but they won't. They're the mentally weakest team in the competition and I've lost track of the amount of coach-killing errors they've made. If they can snap out of it, they've got a good squad capable of scoring plenty of points but I don't think it will click at Suncorp.

Broncos will play them through the middle before unleashing their halves on them who will catch them out.

Hunt MotM

Gagai the best for Newcastle.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Pretty good call Pete, I tend to agree. We'll bash them up the middle, compressing their defensive line, then spread it quickly to the edges and should be able to make plenty of metres and post plenty of points. If we defend like we did last week, we'll keep them to zip...

The only danger is that we beat ourselves, especially if they have one eye on the bye next week. Last year I'd be nervous as hell. But Wayne has the lads up for every game this year, so I have plenty of confidence.

Broncos by 18+

EDIT: Some quotes from Wayne in the leadup...love this bloke!!

"If (we) are feeling tired or sorry for themselves (we)'ll just have to get over it and get the job done."

"They'll be desperate to find a win. They've had a pretty rough eight to 10 weeks now so they'll want to get it right," he said.
"We're a bit vulnerable right now – we've had a good season, come off a great win and are near the end of Origin, but it's not over yet – it's a game we've got to make sure our minds are on the job.
"We can't win if we just turn up and go through the motions."

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Knights at $5.15. WHAT!!

You might want to put some money on them..

I decided not to go to this game and gave my membership to one of my brothers.. He hasn't been to a win since 2010.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I decided not to go to this game and gave my membership to one of my brothers.. He hasn't been to a win since 2010.
We finally really did it! You maniacs you cost us the game! God damn you! Damn you both to hell!

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013

If we hadn't just beat the Storm I'd be worried about your actions there. Thank goodness we're in drought breaking form!

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
My bet is Corey starts on the wing and Bennett will bring Copley in late 1st half or early 2nd and push Oates into 2nd row. Gives Oates more game time which he deserves and eases Copley back into 1st grade.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Knights at $5.15. WHAT!!
Actually, they are $5.25 with Tab but what's even more amazing is the Titans are $6.75 !

And people are saying in this years competition that any team can beat any other on the day ! Doesn't seem that way to the bookmakers ...

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Actually, they are $5.25 with Tab but what's even more amazing is the Titans are $6.75 !

And people are saying in this years competition that any team can beat any other on the day ! Doesn't seem that way to the bookmakers ...

Huge, you really need to change that photo.... it's killing me and I suspect everyone else who has the misfortune of looking at it.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I've felt like every game so far this year has been a test and I've felt nervous every game. Which is proof of how far we slid these past few years. I feel like we've turned a corner and tonight I just want to see and old fashion clinical flogging, just flog them for 80 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • ezpz
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.