Round 16 - PRE GAME - Newcastle Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Hopefully Oates comes on and terrorises Gagai again. Vidot has the strength to tear through their defence too but doesn't seen to have the explosiveness to make the most of it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Is Gillett? Is McCullough? I know the latter doesn't play Origin, but he's one of the hardest working players in the game, why not rotate him right?

Clearly he doesn't require it and in the form he's in, why would you even want him out of the side?

Unless of course you want to sneak in a shot at Thaiday

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
18.9 missed tackles a game is the best Brisbane have done since 1998 with 15.1 missed tackles a game.

Even other good years like 2000 (21.8) and 2006 (37.8) it hasn't been this good.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
love that 1%er stuff from blair. have been watching him closely and he's definitely the guy that does those things. even when we scored that crazy try on half time verse canberra, he was the first bloke there behind glenn when maranta finally scored. you wont get that many props in the game that will follow a play 100 metres up field after the half time siren has gone.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
love that 1%er stuff from blair. have been watching him closely and he's definitely the guy that does those things. even when we scored that crazy try on half time verse canberra, he was the first bloke there behind glenn when maranta finally scored. you wont get that many props in the game that will follow a play 100 metres up field after the half time siren has gone.

It's because most other props are too spent from taking hit ups. ;)

Just kidding, I am one of his biggest critics but I really enjoyed his game against Melbourne and watching live, I could finally notice all those big plays he did off the ball. I'm warming to him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
18.9 missed tackles a game is the best Brisbane have done since 1998 with 15.1 missed tackles a game.

Even other good years like 2000 (21.8) and 2006 (37.8) it hasn't been this good.
To clarify, are these averages?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
What Blair said is right though. He is one of the very few people who pressure the other teams kickers pretty much every set. It doesn't go noticed on here but I'm sure Bennett gives him a pat on the back when he forces a bad kick. Even a couple of weeks ago when he missed the DCE tackle (in the stewart try) he was racing up to put pressure on him. Doesn't always work out but it puts the kicker in two minds when kicking the next time.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I'm too happy with the win over the Storm to even give a **** about this match.

Newcastle are trash and we beat them last month without origin players so should be an easy victory.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Comeon boys, leave nothing for the forensics team to find.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Courier Mail reporting that Reed is out with concussion - Kahu to centre and ? Copley comes in. I thought Copley was still injured though and not back for a few weeks. I'd assume Oates would come onto the wing. Bit of a blow considering Reed has been in fantastic form, but Oates (and Copley) are pretty damn handy replacements in the run on side.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Confirmed by the club. Copley in for Reed.

Bitly

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
16. Corey Oates
2. Jordan Kahu
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
17. Matt Parcell
18. Dale Copley

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
interesting that copes has been named on the bench. i wonder how he will be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ozired
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.