Round 16 - PRE GAME - Newcastle Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What an absolute bullshit charge. Give Munster a fucking oscar.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@TonyWebeck: Jack Reed and Corey Oates not running at Broncos training this morning, Nikorima back out there with knee strapped.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
@TonyWebeck: Jack Reed and Corey Oates not running at Broncos training this morning, Nikorima back out there with knee strapped.

Reed did come out of a tackle in pain late in that second half. Based on where he put his hand, it was around the lower back.

I wonder if it has something to do with that.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Sounds like Mullen is a pretty good chance of playing, has two session to get through first.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Reed always trains on a reduced workload and with rehab he has been carrying an injury for weeks.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
BRONCOS
1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Corey Oates
17. Matt Parcell

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
[h=4]Knights[/h]1 Jake Mamo
2 James McManus
3 Sione Mata'utia
4 Dane Gagai
5 Akuila Uate
6 Carlos Tuimavave
7 Kurt Gidley (c)
8 Paterika Vaivai
9 Tyler Randell
10 Korbin Sims
11 Beau Scott
12 Tariq Sims
13 Robbie Rochow

Interchange
14 Danny Levi
15 Sam Mataora
16 Joe Tapine
17 Clint Newton

Likely to be a few changes.

Mullen, Roberts and Smith could return for this game.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
We should punch holes in that Knights backline at will. They don't look incredibly strong through the middle but if we spread the ball, they've got nothing.

This is a great opportunity to improve our points differential. Hopefully we make the most of the opportunity.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Is McGuire ever going to be rested? He's been doing far more than Thaiday in recent times.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Watching NRL Team of the Week highlights, Mamo named as FB, looked rather impressive in his 1st NRL game.

Then with Korbin and Tariq Sims, Scott and Gagai ... on paper, this is not a bad side and, with Mullen a possibility, this is NOT a gimme.

Losing this after last week's effort would be utterly embarrassing, and for mine, with our team as named, would put a serious dent in our finals credentials.

No excuses: nothing less than the Storm effort, and a win by at least 12

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The plan is simple. Do what we did last time.

Target their right edge.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The plan is simple. Do what we did last time.

Target their right edge.

Somehow I think they would have learned a few lessons about their right edge, and know full well about our left side attack. Still, by all means. At the same time, with Hodges back and Gillett in form, we should also target their left edge ... just for fun. I would love to see Hunt and Milford, Gillett and Hodges wreak havoc out there.

This is also a different Knights team. Gagai in in the centres this time, is likely to play origin and is opposing Reed from memory. I somehow think he will play, or try to play, out of his skin. It will be an interesting match-up.

I am really looking forward to watching Milford move up a level in this one, and the same for Hunt's kicking game which I thought was just so so against the Storm.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ncos-all-the-way/story-fniabjcr-1227411822947

I like Adam Blair.

“Throughout my career from down in Melbourne I make sure I do those one percenters that nobody really notices but your teammates,” he said.

“For me it is about going out there and doing those little things every week.

“Obviously I don’t make the most hit-ups in a team or the big special plays but I pride myself in turning up on the last tackle and putting some kick pressure or some inside pressure on when they’re trying to take the ball off the line.”

“Yes. So far. Defence is massive and ...we showed how we can defend when times are tough,” Blair said.

“I think those are the key things that can take you a long way in the competition.”

But Blair demanded a similar effort against lowly Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

“That can all come undone if we go out on Friday night and don’t stick to our structure,” he said.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Is McGuire ever going to be rested? He's been doing far more than Thaiday in recent times.

Is Gillett? Is McCullough? I know the latter doesn't play Origin, but he's one of the hardest working players in the game, why not rotate him right?

Clearly he doesn't require it and in the form he's in, why would you even want him out of the side?

Unless of course you want to sneak in a shot at Thaiday.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Probably cause he's 5-10 years younger than the rested players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.