Round 16 - PRE GAME - Newcastle Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Bennett must be very confident of a victory if he is going for both Parcell and Copley on the bench

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Copley might come onto the wing and revert Oates to the bench.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Didn't Copley fracture his eye socket just recently?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Did Reed take the early guilty plea or fight his charge? Would be rubbish having carry over points if he's not going to be playing anyway.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Did Reed take the early guilty plea or fight his charge? Would be rubbish having carry over points if he's not going to be playing anyway.

Interesting one isn't it. I don't think it's been reported either way. I wonder if there's a clause where you can plead Guilty and turn down the 25% discount?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

The media said he was injured

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Reed has a rib injury.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well yeah hopefully Reed challenged the charge.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I rate Kahu very highly at centre and see him hodges replacement but it seems like it's a bit unfair on cops not to get left centre.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Broncos site itself says rib injury. And Copley in. Then this comes in when talking about the Vidot injury:

"Meanwhile, centre Dale Copley’s eye socket injury is improving after swelling subsided this week.

Copley is under two weeks into a four to six week recovery for his facial fracture, meaning he has not been cleared for contact work just yet."

The game's tomorrow night, right???

Vidot Gets Good News - Broncos

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Must be his mexican brother Jale Copley.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Never ever write the word 'back' after you've used the word 'revert' !

Now that's out of my system I'm totally confident that WB is using players who are going to be 100% fit for a game so no matter who makes it out onto the field they will be raring to go. I am also certain that complacency will not be an issue. That said, I remember WB years ago saying that sometimes a team will prepare well, have a good attitude and train well and still produce a substandard performance. He was remarking that when that happens he is left scratching his head wondering where the hell it comes from.

My take is that something a friend told me when I was at the top of my game.....it's not how good you are when you are good but how good you are when you're bad. Winning ugly is another way of saying it. Even if we play bad and still win I will take pleasure from that, it's the mark of a great team.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Never ever write the word 'back' after you've used the word 'revert' !

Now that's out of my system I'm totally confident that WB is using players who are going to be 100% fit for a game so no matter who makes it out onto the field they will be raring to go. I am also certain that complacency will not be an issue. That said, I remember WB years ago saying that sometimes a team will prepare well, have a good attitude and train well and still produce a substandard performance. He was remarking that when that happens he is left scratching his head wondering where the hell it comes from.

My take is that something a friend told me when I was at the top of my game.....it's not how good you are when you are good but how good you are when you're bad. Winning ugly is another way of saying it. Even if we play bad and still win I will take pleasure from that, it's the mark of a great team.

So sorry

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Copley seems like a waste of a bench spot.

If he isn't fit enough to start than he should spend sometime playing for Norths with Ofahengaue or Arrow getting a go.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Copley seems like a waste of a bench spot.

If he isn't fit enough to start than he should spend sometime playing for Norths with Ofahengaue or Arrow getting a go.
Tend to agree but still remains to be seen if that will be the final lineup, wouldn't be surprised for example to see Oates back onto the bench and Copley in the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • The Strapper
  • ezpz
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.