Round 16 - PRE GAME - Newcastle Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Coming off one of the greatest Broncos wins ever, if the boys aren't completely exhausted still in 5 days time, we may see history repeat itself:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bennett will rest a couple of the Origin players that played yesterday, perhaps Thaiday and Gillett.

I'm very confident of a win. I think we can really put them to the sword.

The last time we played them at Suncorp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short turn around against one of the worst teams in the NRL this year, at home, I'd be fine with Wayne resting Gillett, Thaiday & McGuire. I think we can win without them.

1. Boyd
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges (c)
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Dodds
16. Molo
17. Boyce

Anyones thoughts on starting parcell?

I think we can take them, Newcastle have been really poor lately and defensively they're suspect.

I think it'll be a grind for the first 50 mins or so and we'll skip clear towards the end.

5 day turn around will be tough after such an effort yesterday. hopefully we don't get complacent. at some point the knights are going to fire up and come to play, but even still, their team is rubbish and we should take care of them as long as we do the simple stuff right.

nice to have hodges and parker back, won't complain if any of mcguire/gillett/thaiday are rested.

guessing vidot injury means hodges straight into ctr, kahu wing and maranta holds the other wing, oates holds a bench spot.

Not sure Molo will play. From all reports he was pretty shaken after the weekend

Jack Reed is going to have an absolute field day on that left edge.

This could be the perfect storm going against us: pissed off knights players, short turn around after a very physical game and players not taking the opposition seriously given their form. It's happened before .

This could be the perfect storm going against us: ****ed off knights players, short turn around after a very physical game and players not taking the opposition seriously given their form. It's happened before .

Nah, we beat the perfect storm yesterday.

The pissed off knights players will just have to handle being more pissed off.

Full strength side. Can't afford to get cocky and rest our star players, even if it is against the knights.

I've got Broncos by 13+ as part of a 5 leg multi. We better fuckin win!!

Full strength side. Can't afford to get cocky and rest our star players, even if it is against the knights.

yeh i think i agree. if they are fit, play them. we get the bye the week after anyway (obviously origin players will be into camp), but its nearly two weeks between the knights game and origin 3. i'd prefer to lock in a win this week and be forced to rest players in rnd 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Maddy
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.