Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He didn't have to do much thinking at the Storm, it was all done for him by Smith and Munster and we then signed him as our marquee half back to manage our game. Right.

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside of Smith could properly organise this rabble.

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside of Smith could properly organise this rabble.
I'd love to see him try - don't think it'll happen though, only thing that might work is utter greed.

I disagree. I reckon Flegler, Lodge and Haas would have made a big difference to our shit middle tonight, Bird would not completely stifle our attack but ignite it, nor avoid defence, and in form TPJ would add a lot to our mongrel and those offloads, Milford and Dearden combine well and are getting better, ... and Glenn adds a bit of leadership and generally solid defence.

I understand what you are saying with this except for on Flegler, Lodge and Haas, they were playing when Roosters put on 59 in Round 4 so hard to defend them on that front.

SOS's first game back with no games under his belt in a year. No-one was expecting much.
The reason for the Croft hate - he is in those low-lights week in week out (when he's not dropped or injured). His attacking decisions are pitiful, he's got a lot of errors in his game and he has almost boyd levels of effort in defence several times per game.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I don't rate Croft at all however, just feel the focus was unfairly on him when he was playing out of position for starters. Much like my pain with Tanah Boyd for the Titans you can't expect much when playing a half at interchange hooker. I didn't expect much from SOS in attack sure but he got steamrolled in defence at every opportunity... coming off a shoulder you can expect that but an ACL?

I understand what you are saying with this except for on Flegler, Lodge and Haas, they were playing when Roosters put on 59 in Round 4 so hard to defend them on that front.

Well, Flegler has improved a lot, Lodge was never fit and Haas, well, he's miles better than anyone we had out there tonight, even on a bad day

I disagree. I reckon Flegler, Lodge and Haas would have made a big difference to our shit middle tonight, Bird would not completely stifle our attack but ignite it, nor avoid defence, and in form TPJ would add a lot to our mongrel and those offloads, Milford and Dearden combine well and are getting better, ... and Glenn adds a bit of leadership and generally solid defence.

Everyone you mentioned has been apart of the capitulation of this club, if they we’re doing any of the individual things you said they were capable of doing we wouldn’t be in this spot.

We don’t even know what a post 3 season ending injury Bird can even do.

Only ones who’d get a run at another club would be Haas, Flegler and another club hoping to tame TPJ.

We really need some strong leadership out there tonight. There was absolutely none except for PAtty leading by example. The rest of forwards were just bulldozed and gave our halves no platform whatsoever. Our shapes out wide were minimal if that, Kahu was invisible, Stagg got nowhere near enough ball (bad shapes) and we were just so, so passive.

Leadership is such an issue for this team. Patty can't do it alone with this rabble, and Boyd, **** me don't get me started.

Everyone you mentioned has been apart of the capitulation of this club, if they we’re doing any of the individual things you said they were capable of doing we wouldn’t be in this spot.

We don’t even know what a post 3 season ending injury Bird can even do.

Only ones who’d get a run at another club would be Haas, Flegler and another club hoping to tame TPJ.

I just can't agree with that. I am however, basing my statements on the assumption of fully fit players which includes Bird, and Milford and Dearden building their combinations - we have had good shapes with them, and also on the efforts of last week which was the first time we played for 80. Aside from which, this season is a write off, and I think we have a bloody good roster with the right coaching

Just caught up on the game, there's probably about 5 collective posts from other members that sum up my thoughts: Boyd, the refs, players in general.

A month to go until the sweet release of death

Patty, 207 run metres. Onya Patty, just, stop running back inside so much.

I love the guy, he never stops trying and will be a fantastic long-term captain, but holy shit it's infuriating when he does that. It kills every single play and ruins any momentum we have gotten to that point. He reminds me of Gillo so much in different ways but he's so much worse than Matt when it comes to this

SOS's first game back with no games under his belt in a year. No-one was expecting much.
The reason for the Croft hate - he is in those low-lights week in week out (when he's not dropped or injured). His attacking decisions are pitiful, he's got a lot of errors in his game and he has almost boyd levels of effort in defence several times per game.
Give SOS the last 4 games. See what he has to offer!!

Tupouniua interviewed on Fox just now and admitted that them conceding 12 points to us "hurts" lol.

Cordner mentioned the same thing on Nien. Obviously their game plan was to keep us to NIL - jeez 117 points not good enough since its been blemished with those 12 lucky points we scored.

The Cleary clan will no doubt have the same game plan. They pride themselves in keeping teams to NIL.

Last edited:
Thing is, those highs are getting to be distant memories
How about next year, 15 years without a comp.

Haven't won a minor premiership in two decades.

This old grey mare ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Hurrijo
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lozza
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Santa
  • phoenix
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.