POST GAME Round 16 - Roosters vs Broncos

Wondered when I'd hear from you.

1 missed tackle. Wow. If he hadn't have played, he wouldn't have missed any. Not kidding
Does feigning tackles and falling on his bum count as not playing?

Tell the other 16 players.
Not defending them either. And credit where it's due, Darius had a few good games this year. He's back to old 2019 Darius now. Defensive prowess of a wet paper bag.

In defense of Boyd, when the Broncos are defending well, he doesn't have to defend much. His poor efforts as last man are the result of very poor efforts in front of him.

In defense of Boyd, when the Broncos are defending well, he doesn't have to defend much. His poor efforts as last man are the result of very poor efforts in front of him.
After witnessing that game, I'd struggle to call what Boyd did as an effort.

Often when there's a line break and its one on one with the FB, they at least put their body on the line and its 50/50 if they stop them. With Darius, they just put on a meagre half step and it shatters his ankles and he drops into the dirt.

After witnessing that game, I'd struggle to call what Boyd did as an effort.

Often when there's a line break and its one on one with the FB, they at least put their body on the line and its 50/50 if they stop them. With Darius, they just put on a meagre half step and it shatters his ankles and he drops into the dirt.
Yeah, sadly seems to be true. There were a few times he could have at least cleaned someone up but went for the intercept or overran it. I will be glad to see him go, but you gotta be fair to the last man, that he is the last of 4 or 5 missed tackles. I wish we had a fullback who played like Tedesco (but didn't look like Tedesco). Problem is, how do you give a guy time to play into that form? Last FB with such natural talent was Ponga and we were nowhere near buying him. Milf, when he tries? I would love Lockyer back. Talent and effort. What a combo

Yeah, sadly seems to be true. There were a few times he could have at least cleaned someone up but went for the intercept or overran it. I will be glad to see him go, but you gotta be fair to the last man, that he is the last of 4 or 5 missed tackles. I wish we had a fullback who played like Tedesco (but didn't look like Tedesco). Problem is, how do you give a guy time to play into that form? Last FB with such natural talent was Ponga and we were nowhere near buying him. Milf, when he tries? I would love Lockyer back. Talent and effort. What a combo
Oh spot on - teams definitely falling apart there. But when you have your most senior bloke on the paddock do a lay down sally - doesn't help the team much.

Not close. Wests surrendered over 900 in 1999.

However, on a points per game basis, they finished on 39.33, we are on 38.93, which is second in the NRL era. Worse than Souths 2002 (34.04), Souths 2004 (33.83) and Wests 1998 (33.41).

This team isn't just a bad team in Broncos history. It's one of the worst professional rugby league teams of all time.

However, on a points per game basis, they finished on 39.33, we are on 38.93, which is second in the NRL era. Worse than Souths 2002 (34.04), Souths 2004 (33.83) and Wests 1998 (33.41).

This team isn't just a bad team in Broncos history. It's one of the worst professional rugby league teams of all time.
Oh man, can't we just be thankful we have a team and we don't have relegation. We are a powerhouse club. We let things slip, but we will be back faster than any other club. Once the second Brisbane team arrives the modus operandi of the NRL will be blockbusters at Suncorp. Both teams will have to be playing well to rake in those dollarydoos from the "bogans up north". The comp will be "closer than ever" and at least we will appear competitive.

Damn, why do I do this to myself? I know it's all bullshit and I still watch it! Wtf is wrong with me?!

What this side needs is someone like JWH. Love him or hate him, our forwards look like cats up against someone like him. What we would give to have someone like Moose back.
We have a few years left of being cellar dwellers, no doubt about it.
Players like that get suspended for the broncos.

Amazing isn't it.
Yet every other team's outs gets mentioned every other week.
Doesn’t fit the narrative of FULL STRENGTH BRONCOS SMASHED. Vlandys gunning for that first broncos spoon so it can be another ‘record’ made in defining year of rugby league.

I can’t fucking stand these new rules, I spend more time complaining about what’s going on now instead of enjoying the game. Makes it near impossible to watch.

Doesn’t fit the narrative of FULL STRENGTH BRONCOS SMASHED. Vlandys gunning for that first broncos spoon so it can be another ‘record’ made in defining year of rugby league.

I can’t fucking stand these new rules, I spend more time complaining about what’s going on now instead of enjoying the game. Makes it near impossible to watch.

The 6 again and one ref have fucked it.

Of course we’re shit this season and have contributed to this there’s been so many blowouts this year. Blowouts are fun, but after a bit they get tired and fans in general will lose interest. The only reason people aren’t is because it’s us. But if any of Penrith/Parra/Souths/Roosters were getting flogged by 30+ every week, they’d be gifted a win or two to make things palatable for the NSWRL, particularly with Vlandiddly running the show.

The 6 again has rewarded already-strong teams and produces a ‘running downhill’ effect that teams are almost unable to stop, particularly the bad ones. It handicaps them when they’re already up against it.

Reducing the eyes on the field not only misses blatant penalties or errors, but also lets the one-sided managing to continue unimpeded. It also doesn’t allow any objective view as the single ref falls into believing the good teams aren’t making errors or the bad team is needing to be penalised

I don’t mean to sound like we deserve special treatment because we’re shit, but a fair go will go a long way to helping our chances of at least remaining competitive. It’s not about winning the penalty or 6 again counts, but about consistent rulings no matter what.

The contribution of fullbacks to a quality attack, their involvement:

Darius Boyd
View attachment 9700

James Tedesco
View attachment 9701
No word of a lie, I am absolutely shocked he made that many runs.

Nothing but a burden on the team.

Darius ‘my best position is fullback so long as I don’t have to make any one-on-one tackles, take any tough carries or anything outside of a 3-on-2 sweep play really’ Boyd.

Bit of a mouthful, but accurate nonetheless.

I'm at a loss to understand. What was he supposed to do? I cannot for the life of me think of anyone in the world who could make a tackle in that situation. He was covering one direction but he cannot cover two, no one can. The attacker cut back behind him, I just don't know what you guys expect. 10 out of 10 times the fullback couldn't do anything about that.

The 6 again and one ref have fucked it.

Of course we’re shit this season and have contributed to this there’s been so many blowouts this year. Blowouts are fun, but after a bit they get tired and fans in general will lose interest. The only reason people aren’t is because it’s us. But if any of Penrith/Parra/Souths/Roosters were getting flogged by 30+ every week, they’d be gifted a win or two to make things palatable for the NSWRL, particularly with Vlandiddly running the show.

The 6 again has rewarded already-strong teams and produces a ‘running downhill’ effect that teams are almost unable to stop, particularly the bad ones. It handicaps them when they’re already up against it.

Reducing the eyes on the field not only misses blatant penalties or errors, but also lets the one-sided managing to continue unimpeded. It also doesn’t allow any objective view as the single ref falls into believing the good teams aren’t making errors or the bad team is needing to be penalised

I don’t mean to sound like we deserve special treatment because we’re shit, but a fair go will go a long way to helping our chances of at least remaining competitive. It’s not about winning the penalty or 6 again counts, but about consistent rulings no matter what.
Hard to press this point when your team is flat out dire. You just get called salty or whatever. I literally ranted after Rd3 and I was told I was just a sore loser. Mind you, it was Reddit...

You're spot on, by the way.

Last edited:
I'm at a loss to understand. What was he supposed to do? I cannot for the life of me think of anyone in the world who could make a tackle in that situation. He was covering one direction but he cannot cover two, no one can. The attacker cut back behind him, I just don't know what you guys expect. 10 out of 10 times the fullback couldn't do anything about that.
I'll explain it for you:

Darius Boyd = bad

Bad man go bye bye end of year. BHQ chose new bad man (Milf).

Active Now

• Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ondi
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Tristan1990
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrtij
  • Howie
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.