Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Seeing footage of Coates and the others accepting their jerseys(Hancock handed them out), so awesome to see and hear how much it means to them.

i notice in that report they mentioned that Lodge lashed out with his foot, but forgot to mention that the reason for it was getting kneed in the head first

Turpin-Segeyaro-Haas try.
Segeyaro-Turpin-TPJ-Turpin try!

The Segy-Turps 1-2 punch, the talisman for 3 victories.
Turps has a couple of games in the halves and already behind Milf for tries and try assists. Macca can keep the 9 jersey, just have Berrigan 2.0 anywhere in the 13.

Special mention to young Kumul flyer Coates. You got wings baby!

This was a gutsy, inspiring and much needed win for our Broncos. Trying to dour the win by chalking it up to Cronulla's inability to convert is a non-argument, especially considering some 50/50 calls (Coates 2nd 'Try', Morris 'Double Movement') went against us, as is the way with footy.

This was a real culture-building experience and hopefully one we look back on in years to come as the 'birth' of a great young side.

Speaking of looking forward, I could see a side like this lining up for us when we are at full strength next season:

1) Isaako
2) Oates
3) Staggs
4) Bird
5) Coates / Farnsworth
6) Milford
7) Dearden
8) Haas
9) Turpin
10) Lodge
11) Gillett
12) TPJ (I think he has shown he wants to be an edge back rower and should be afforded that opportunity)
13) Flegler

14) Segyaro
15) Glenn
16) Fifita
17) Carrigan

This is an exciting (albeit very, very young side) ... and yes there is no McCullough and Boyd.
People may have preferences for Glenn / Fifita to be starting or Mago / some more experienced 17 in place of Carrigan or even Milf to fullback, but my point is that we have some good young players in place with lots of potential and hopefully people can take some heart from the look of this promising young side and yesterday's win to be optimistic about what the club and Seibs can accomplish in the next few seasons.

When Moylan went off they had a two try lead and were completely on top. They thought they were going to run away with it and took off 1 of there best players. That really cost them in the end they shouldn’t of underestimated us.

i notice in that report they mentioned that Lodge lashed out with his foot, but forgot to mention that the reason for it was getting kneed in the head first

Yeah, initially when I saw it on tv I was wondering why the hell Lodge lashed out and that he probably should have got sinbinned for it. Then I saw that he was reacting to getting kneed in the head and realised no wonder he did.

Flanagan was charged but he won't miss a game with the early plea.. What a joke. That was a blatant knee to the head. He should have at least got a week.

Lodge was not charged, which is a fucking surprise because they usually charge players for that.

I was really, really impressed with SOS, it was the first time I’ve seen him play, fingers crossed his injury isn’t to bad. He was walking on it without crutches so that’s always a good sign.
Lodge had a captains knock and the team lifted when he fired up. He done really well to not start throwing punches after that knee to the head.
Besides Staggs brain fade in the last few minutes, he was excellent, he was running around like a headless chook cleaning up all the slop.

Do you mean when Staggs jumped on the ball at dummy half. That was fair go imo.

When Moylan went off they had a two try lead and were completely on top. They thought they were going to run away with it and took off 1 of there best players. That really cost them in the end they shouldn’t of underestimated us.
Moylan was playing shit ?? We just didn't throw in the towel and took our opportunities
[automerge]1562552336[/automerge]
Do you mean when Staggs jumped on the ball at dummy half. That was fair go imo.
Yeah but he got marched 10 , cop the call and keep your head in the game.

Last edited:
Turning point in the game was that knee. It fired our team up, and this season, that is when we play best (i.e cowboys, last years premiers etc).

After that knee, The forwards were pissed and ran hard, got quicker play the balls, we "attacked" when defending, running up and putting on shots.

We have a biiiiig team (a lot of them bein 190cm, 105kg+). When focussed and fired up, any other pack will struggle.

His frame is quite thin and he could do with more muscle. But, he certainly didn’t play like he was limited by his body.
It's actually a pretty good frame for fullback. Tall, lean with lanky legs, but powerful through the hips.... turbo, ponga, etc.

Does he have any ball playing ability??

I believe there was an indication in the pregame thread that he was a fullback in his junior days 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
I remember Greg Bird having the book thrown at him, I'm talking suspended for months, for a deliberate knee to the head a long time ago. How times change.

I can't believe a dangerous contact to the head charge only carries a base penalty of 100 points (grade 1)

i thought the NRL were going to be serious about concussions etc ... guess not

Just realised that the sharks crowd is the only crowd to not boo Lodge every time he got the ball. They know half their team are scum like him lol.

Turning point in the game was that knee. It fired our team up, and this season, that is when we play best (i.e cowboys, last years premiers etc).

After that knee, The forwards were pissed and ran hard, got quicker play the balls, we "attacked" when defending, running up and putting on shots.

We have a biiiiig team (a lot of them bein 190cm, 105kg+). When focussed and fired up, any other pack will struggle.

I know it’s great to have size again it wasn’t that long ago we had 1 of the smallest forward pack in the nrl and now we are close to the biggest.

Flanno's knee to Lodges head really seemed to give us a lift.

Right side def from us was absolutely deplorable before and after Shibasaki went off but all in all can't fault much of the effort.

Thought our forwards were really solid and SJ getting hooked topped off the really gutsy win.

Nice to see the son is as much of a grubby **** as his father. What a piece of shit.

I can't believe a dangerous contact to the head charge only carries a base penalty of 100 points (grade 1)

i thought the NRL were going to be serious about concussions etc ... guess not
Yeah " take my head but not my legs " mentality. Should be at least 3 games, a deliberate knee to his head!

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.