Round 16 - Warriors vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

No worries, Porthoz. I love these post match discussion threads. It's good to catch things I missed. Bring on the Storm!

Disagree with this. Our defense was enormous. 2 tries of bombs and a length of the field intercept. I don't think many teams could have done much better than that against us yesterday. Warriors made few mistakes, few penalties, were extremely tough up the middle. Calling them awful is selling the broncs a mile short.

Johnson's kicking game wasn't all that good. Poor positioning at times from our back three made it seem better than it was, imo. Our defence was good but not at the crucial times (the try before half time for example) which was a bit disappointing.

We deserved to win that game. Monumental effort, we had them on the ropes. The pass sticks, we win.

Disappointing thing is that sort of effort and desperation week in week out from the Broncos puts us in top 4 territory.

Finally got around to watching a replay.

I agree with CaptainHook in a sense that it should be a standard performance from us but given the logistics of the match, I'd consider it a good performance by any Broncos team in the past. Boys were obviously on tired legs and Hodges flat out shouldn't have played but they kept going and went tit for tat against one of the form sides of the competition.

Defence was a concern. We were trying to grind the game out but simply weren't able to as our tired Origin players were exploited in the middle or Prince who is a dead-set cheap half-break everytime they run at him. It made for an exciting game, but really, towards the 60th minute we should have been on top.

I'm still upset about this game. If there was ever any time we needed a win...

Active Now

• Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lostboy
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • Stix
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.