vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will replace Oates now he’s in Origin?

Will Oates even miss this week? He is allowed to play if he's only joining the squad. Should only miss if he is playing.

Will Oates even miss this week? He is allowed to play if he's only joining the squad. Should only miss if he is playing.
Well taulagi tested positive too so who comes in on the wing other than Oates?

Bennett won't be attending the 30 year reunion of their 1992 premiership team on Sunday. he has been invited by the club

Bennett says:

“I won’t be attending,” Bennett said.

Asked why he is snubbing the event, he said: “I don’t have to explain why I’m not attending, but I’m not going. Full stop.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“I would hope that Wayne would join the players that won the premiership for this day,” Donaghy said.

“It will be a special day for the guys, they were a part of cementing the club in the fabric of Brisbane as a city.

“The 1992 team was the first team to win a premiership and Wayne was our first premiership coach and they will always have a special connection to each other and the football club.

“I understand there are some challenges for some of them to get there but I hope they are all able to make it.

“We have invited all the players and the coach and we would love for them to be there.”

“There will always be a connection between the Broncos and Wayne,” Donaghy said.

“The club had huge success in the early days under him as the head coach and you can’t rewrite history.

“We have worked really closely with the old boys to pull together this event.

“It will be a wonderful celebration and it will be the first of two reunions given that our legends went back-to-back winning the premiership in 1993.

“They will have a great day on Sunday and they will get to do it all again next year.

“It would be great if Wayne chooses to be part of the reunion, but only he can make that decision.”

The bitter old fool.

You played games and it backfired on you, resulting in you getting the sack. Get the **** over it.

I have doubts at putting Hoeter on the wing. I reckon Deine could be up.

You wouldn't have the same doubt putting Mariner on the wing? He's a centre too.

Looks like a control freak. He's used to getting his way and he has for decades. It's been reinforced by his success, so he's likely to see it as himself being always right. He's good at deflecting blame too. I am sure he is a great bloke to the ones who toe the line, but once you go against his will, you find out pretty quickly who has the power in the relationship.

Seems like he's lost a fair bit of shine lately.

I still maintain that's why he's a great coach and why organisations fall apart in every area once he leaves.

He takes full control of everything, he's the coach, the football department manager, the recruitment officer. You could probably employ a couple of blokes down at your local centrelink dole queue to do these roles under a Bennett coached team as Bennett is the one actively fulfilling these roles. Bennett leaves and suddenly the club is drowning in every one of these areas because they weren't actually doing anything whilst he was there.

Look at what happened when he left us, in the front office we were struggling, recruitment we were struggling and quite obviously on the field we were struggling. We basically had to replace everyone within the club in these key roles to get back to some form of success on the field.

I have doubts at putting Hoeter on the wing. I reckon Deine could be up.

we could always move Lee to the wing and have either Hoeter or Mariner play centre

So Oates is definitely in origin. Any word on who comes in?

Bennett won't be attending the 30 year reunion of their 1992 premiership team on Sunday. he has been invited by the club

Bennett says:

“I won’t be attending,” Bennett said.

Asked why he is snubbing the event, he said: “I don’t have to explain why I’m not attending, but I’m not going. Full stop.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“I would hope that Wayne would join the players that won the premiership for this day,” Donaghy said.

“It will be a special day for the guys, they were a part of cementing the club in the fabric of Brisbane as a city.

“The 1992 team was the first team to win a premiership and Wayne was our first premiership coach and they will always have a special connection to each other and the football club.

“I understand there are some challenges for some of them to get there but I hope they are all able to make it.

“We have invited all the players and the coach and we would love for them to be there.”

“There will always be a connection between the Broncos and Wayne,” Donaghy said.

“The club had huge success in the early days under him as the head coach and you can’t rewrite history.

“We have worked really closely with the old boys to pull together this event.

“It will be a wonderful celebration and it will be the first of two reunions given that our legends went back-to-back winning the premiership in 1993.

“They will have a great day on Sunday and they will get to do it all again next year.

“It would be great if Wayne chooses to be part of the reunion, but only he can make that decision.”

Its pretty sad really one of the main reasons we are who we are doesnt feel he can attend. Lot of bad blood really between him and the Broncos and he obviously has issues with some people here still so you can see where he is coming from in a lot of ways. He might not want the hassle at this stage of his life. I probably wouldnt but it would have been nice to see him there.

Its pretty sad really one of the main reasons we are who we are doesnt feel he can attend. Lot of bad blood really between him and the Broncos and he obviously has issues with some people here still so you can see where he is coming from in a lot of ways. He might not want the hassle at this stage of his life. I probably wouldnt but it would have been nice to see him there.
Wouldn’t get as much attention if he just showed up and shared the moment with his team from back then. The bloke is addicted to attention and this gets him the most.

Wouldn’t get as much attention if he just showed up and shared the moment with his team from back then. The bloke is addicted to attention and this gets him the most.

He does like the attention with some things but i'd be surprised if this is one of the occasions he is seeking it out. He must still have plenty of time for the Broncos when you look at how he sold them to Arey, he could have quite easily put him off but he didnt, i just think its more there are people at the club he doesnt want to be around and probably the same on the Broncos part as well. The day should be about the players anyway imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.