vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Mozer has a log way to go to be NRL ready. He looks thinner than a racing snake.

Geez Mozer has a log way to go to be NRL ready. He looks thinner than a racing snake.

He's put on a little bit of weight this year, he's up to high 80's now. He trained in Warwick with the Queensland team this week and did alright.

Townsville this week will be hard for him. Lui will be making him do efforts on efforts.

He's put on a little bit of weight this year, he's up to high 80's now. He trained in Warwick with the Queensland team this week and did alright.

Townsville this week will be hard for him. Lui will be making him do efforts on efforts.
Can you turn him on to porridge for brekky and plenty spinach for lunch and tea. 😂

Might be because of Ikin. Are they back talking yet?
The only, or at least the main reason they aren’t talking is because of Bennett’s affair & separation from his wife (Ikin’s mother in law)..

Looks like a control freak. He's used to getting his way and he has for decades. It's been reinforced by his success, so he's likely to see it as himself being always right. He's good at deflecting blame too. I am sure he is a great bloke to the ones who toe the line, but once you go against his will, you find out pretty quickly who has the power in the relationship.

Seems like he's lost a fair bit of shine lately.
Yeah from Bennett’s point of view you can see Sunday being a pretty uncomfortable situation to walk into.. there’s the obvious baggage from a couple of years ago, the possibility of running into Ben Ikin and the hammer blow this week of missing out on Reece Walsh.. Bennett clearly feels he’d be a bit vulnerable in the whole environment of Sunday and isn’t prepared to leave that comfort zone

Bennett won't be attending the 30 year reunion of their 1992 premiership team on Sunday. he has been invited by the club

Bennett says:

“I won’t be attending,” Bennett said.

Asked why he is snubbing the event, he said: “I don’t have to explain why I’m not attending, but I’m not going. Full stop.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“I would hope that Wayne would join the players that won the premiership for this day,” Donaghy said.

“It will be a special day for the guys, they were a part of cementing the club in the fabric of Brisbane as a city.

“The 1992 team was the first team to win a premiership and Wayne was our first premiership coach and they will always have a special connection to each other and the football club.

“I understand there are some challenges for some of them to get there but I hope they are all able to make it.

“We have invited all the players and the coach and we would love for them to be there.”

“There will always be a connection between the Broncos and Wayne,” Donaghy said.

“The club had huge success in the early days under him as the head coach and you can’t rewrite history.

“We have worked really closely with the old boys to pull together this event.

“It will be a wonderful celebration and it will be the first of two reunions given that our legends went back-to-back winning the premiership in 1993.

“They will have a great day on Sunday and they will get to do it all again next year.

“It would be great if Wayne chooses to be part of the reunion, but only he can make that decision.”
Haha, sour old ****.

Yeah from Bennett’s point of view you can see Sunday being a pretty uncomfortable situation to walk into.. there’s the obvious baggage from a couple of years ago, the possibility of running into Ben Ikin and the hammer blow this week of missing out on Reece Walsh.. Bennett clearly feels he’d be a bit vulnerable in the whole environment of Sunday and isn’t prepared to leave that comfort zone
As much as a grumpy old **** bennet has been he's still the most successful broncos coach. Regardless of the shit he throws at the club I will have some respect for the man.

He does behave like a gigantic child though...

Bit of a shame Wayno won't turn up but his decision.

Bit like Tallis for mine, can be a dickhead at times but will still love and respect him for his time with us. Maybe in the future when he's retired he can let his guard down and reflect on his success.

Badel might be stirring the pot here calling it a "boycott" and in the article a "snubbing," but I'm going to allow it.

Its a shame Wayne has that view. What that group achieved in that era was something great and deserves to be celebrated. Hopefully its a family or personal matter restricting him, rather than bitterness over recent history.

”ultimate insult”

can I get a show of hands of people that are actually offended?

Eat shit Wayne ya grumpy old ****. Never seeing another premiership in his lifetime.

How's ya fullback ya flog ****?
I was thinking about their fullback issue. I think isaako signed with them thinking that would be his position seems nui was the broncos preferred fullback option at that time.

Wouldnt it be funny if we release nui to the dolphins who grabs the fullback position there, again blocking isaako.

In reality, he is just offending the group of that era.
I’d say most of them are having a chuckle, I bet a few text messages were sent between them joking about the stubborn old fool.

Honestly, get over it you bitter old fool. No matter what happened and how bad it was it wasn't the 1992 players who did it, even the staff have bloody changed, the fans didn't do it either. He is completely tarnishing his legacy with the crap he's pulled. It's gone past "mysterious" and manipulating the media to looking like immature and just plain stubborn.
He's not a fool simply because he doesn't care about your views. His life and he knows if he attends any event he is hounded, invariably concerning 'external to the event' issues. He probably just doesn't feel like juggling balls in someone else's circus. As quiet a life as possible perhaps but it's his fucking choice and he needs offer no explanation. You do you and he's okay to look after himself .

I’d say most of them are having a chuckle, I bet a few text messages were sent between them joking about the stubborn old fool.
I'd say they are sharing hilarious text messages with Wayne himself over this, he's not snubbing those players personally and will happily converse with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.