vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might struggle with metres in that forward pack. We are really going to need oates and JP to get our sets off well. Lee and staggs will have to stand up and take some hard hit ups too.

Walsh would go well at FB this week for us...

Looks like the heritage jersey is getting another run on Sunday.

About time Kevvie has Gamble playing some 13, this will be interesting going forward, if it works we could move Patty to prop to cover Haas and have Kobe and Gamble on the lock rotation.

About time Kevvie has Gamble playing some 13, this will be interesting going forward, if it works we could move Patty to prop to cover Haas and have Kobe and Gamble on the lock rotation.
I really hope it works.... that 17 spot on the bench has basically been the middle/edge utility forward that gets about 15mins a game.

If Gamble comes in and can do a role defensively in the middle then it could open up all sorts of options in attack moving forward.

He's got the size and aggression to defend in the middle, but it will come down to fatigue.

If it ends up being that we can cover edge with him as well then he could be a real game changer coming off the bench moving forward ... I hope he fucking kills it

I really hope it works.... that 17 spot on the bench has basically been the middle/edge utility forward that gets about 15mins a game.

If Gamble comes in and can do a role defensively in the middle then it could open up all sorts of options in attack moving forward.

He's got the size and aggression to defend in the middle, but it will come down to fatigue.

If it ends up being that we can cover edge with him as well then he could be a real game changer coming off the bench moving forward ... I hope he fucking kills it

100%. Gamble makes the side better. It isn't always obvious how but he does. If he can nail the 17 spot, that would be huge for us.

100%. Gamble makes the side better. It isn't always obvious how but he does. If he can nail the 17 spot, that would be huge for us.

He's just got that NRL first graders hard edge about him, he doesn't take any shit. If the opposition gives away penalty he's in their face letting them know about it, not afraid to rub noses and he's actually come a long way with his game management.

If Reynolds goes down he's nearly the automatic halfback and based on what he was doing last time Reynolds was out and Gamble slotted in, he barely put a foot wrong.

Bennett won't be attending the 30 year reunion of their 1992 premiership team on Sunday. he has been invited by the club

Bennett says:

“I won’t be attending,” Bennett said.

Asked why he is snubbing the event, he said: “I don’t have to explain why I’m not attending, but I’m not going. Full stop.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“I would hope that Wayne would join the players that won the premiership for this day,” Donaghy said.

“It will be a special day for the guys, they were a part of cementing the club in the fabric of Brisbane as a city.

“The 1992 team was the first team to win a premiership and Wayne was our first premiership coach and they will always have a special connection to each other and the football club.

“I understand there are some challenges for some of them to get there but I hope they are all able to make it.

“We have invited all the players and the coach and we would love for them to be there.”

“There will always be a connection between the Broncos and Wayne,” Donaghy said.

“The club had huge success in the early days under him as the head coach and you can’t rewrite history.

“We have worked really closely with the old boys to pull together this event.

“It will be a wonderful celebration and it will be the first of two reunions given that our legends went back-to-back winning the premiership in 1993.

“They will have a great day on Sunday and they will get to do it all again next year.

“It would be great if Wayne chooses to be part of the reunion, but only he can make that decision.”

He's just got that NRL first graders hard edge about him, he doesn't take any shit. If the opposition gives away penalty he's in their face letting them know about it, not afraid to rub noses and he's actually come a long way with his game management.

If Reynolds goes down he's nearly the automatic halfback and based on what he was doing last time Reynolds was out and Gamble slotted in, he barely put a foot wrong.
I hope he goes well because he can then become a regular for the 17 each week instead of depth in the halves position.

It makes him easier to retain moving forward if he's an important part of the 17 and would give us a good backup half.

Bennett won't be attending the 30 year reunion of their 1992 premiership team on Sunday. he has been invited by the club

Bennett says:

Asked why he is snubbing the event, he said: “I don’t have to explain why I’m not attending, but I’m not going. Full stop.”

Dave Donaghy says:

“I would hope that Wayne would join the players that won the premiership for this day,” Donaghy said.

“It will be a special day for the guys, they were a part of cementing the club in the fabric of Brisbane as a city.

“The 1992 team was the first team to win a premiership and Wayne was our first premiership coach and they will always have a special connection to each other and the football club.

“I understand there are some challenges for some of them to get there but I hope they are all able to make it.

“We have invited all the players and the coach and we would love for them to be there.”

“There will always be a connection between the Broncos and Wayne,” Donaghy said.

“The club had huge success in the early days under him as the head coach and you can’t rewrite history.

“It will be a wonderful celebration and it will be the first of two reunions given that our legends went back-to-back winning the premiership in 1993.

“They will have a great day on Sunday and they will get to do it all again next year.

“It would be great if Wayne chooses to be part of the reunion, but only he can make that decision.”
This is slapstick comedy at its finest.

Bennett says:

Dave Donaghy says:

Honestly, get over it you bitter old fool. No matter what happened and how bad it was it wasn't the 1992 players who did it, even the staff have bloody changed, the fans didn't do it either. He is completely tarnishing his legacy with the crap he's pulled. It's gone past "mysterious" and manipulating the media to looking like immature and just plain stubborn.

Honestly, get over it you bitter old fool. No matter what happened and how bad it was it wasn't the 1992 players who did it, even the staff have bloody changed, the fans didn't do it either. He is completely tarnishing his legacy with the crap he's pulled. It's gone past "mysterious" and manipulating the media to looking like immature and just plain stubborn.
Might be because of Ikin. Are they back talking yet?

Might be because of Ikin. Are they back talking yet?
First it was tallish, than white, now ikin. You could throw in another 20 names in there in between them too. Anyone just though "hey, maybe he's just a wanker?"...

People claim he is just a great guy and he's all mysterious, playing the media, I've said the same in the past as well. But these people that clash with him and aren't on talking terms with him now know him better than 99% of people that claim he is a great guy. Don't his family not even talk to him? I mean how many more examples do we need? Lol... being one of "the boys" at the footy club and defending players, mainly when they don't deserve it bcos they have done some shit but can play footy, does not make you a good person.

Salty old bag, will be fun to dismantle that rebranded Qcup side next year.

First it was tallish, than white, now ikin. You could throw in another 20 names in there in between them too. Anyone just though "hey, maybe he's just a wanker?"...

People claim he is just a great guy and he's all mysterious, playing the media, I've said the same in the past as well. But these people that clash with him and aren't on talking terms with him now know him better than 99% of people that claim he is a great guy. Don't his family not even talk to him? I mean how many more examples do we need? Lol... being one of "the boys" at the footy club and defending players, mainly when they don't deserve it bcos they have done some shit but can play footy, does not make you a good person.
Looks like a control freak. He's used to getting his way and he has for decades. It's been reinforced by his success, so he's likely to see it as himself being always right. He's good at deflecting blame too. I am sure he is a great bloke to the ones who toe the line, but once you go against his will, you find out pretty quickly who has the power in the relationship.

Seems like he's lost a fair bit of shine lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Rowdy124
  • Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncs1459
  • Rambstien
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Wendall Taylor
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Santa
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.