vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Merge bring that sort of form to this game, they could be in for a hiding. Reyno will be really pissed about his game yesterday and I reckon he's gonna come out and monster it.

If Merge bring that sort of form to this game, they could be in for a hiding. Reyno will be really pissed about his game yesterday and I reckon he's gonna come out and monster it.
Sure hope so. Also safe to say they will be without Hunt.

It really isn't hard to get enough time and space in which to put in an unhurried/controlled kick and do it safely. Reynolds will be better for the run yesterday. We're okay. A bit more emphasis this week on control and the points will flow. I fully expect a professional performance next week. Hopefully a better bench use/blend.

Some of the talk about moving Mam to 1 is insane.
The way he plays 6 is like a fullback when moved to 6, he could easily make the switch plus he is a committed defender with the 1 on 1s.

That's not to say I would prefer him playing fullback but I wouldn't rule him out being there if we need someone new there due to injuries.

The real battle will be Turpin vs McCullough
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

The way he plays 6 is like a fullback when moved to 6, he could easily make the switch plus he is a committed defender with the 1 on 1s.

That's not to say I would prefer him playing fullback but I wouldn't rule him out being there if we need someone new there due to injuries.
So our young bloke, the one we want to develop as the clubs long term 6, 4 games into his career where he is showing good defence and some promise while still learning how to play NRL and 6. You want to move him to fullback, and let him learn that position, manage our defence, deal with high kicks etc?

Dumbest idea.

So our young bloke, the one we want to develop as the clubs long term 6, 4 games into his career where he is showing good defence and some promise while still learning how to play NRL and 6. You want to move him to fullback, and let him learn that position, manage our defence, deal with high kicks etc?

Dumbest idea.
It would obviously be short term if it ever happened, you talk as if doing anything to young players will break them.

Niu will be first choice before that happens and then we will have Cobbo back the week after so it's unlikely to happen anyway.

It would obviously be short term if it ever happened, you talk as if doing anything to young players will break them.

Niu will be first choice before that happens and then we will have Cobbo back the week after so it's unlikely to happen anyway.
Niu did his hammy yesterday.

It should be no term. Has he ever played fullback before?

It won't break them, but it could severely hamper their development and there is absolutely no positive side to moving him to 1.

My updated team list after origin selections:

1. Mead (assume TMM and Tesi injured)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Billy
10. Flegler
11. TC
12. Riki
13. Kobe

14. Turps
15. Palasia
16. Kennedy
17. Gamble

I'm picking Gamble as last spot on the bench, because that spot has only been getting about 15-20mins a game and I think he could come on and do a role for us at 13 when Kobe needs a break... but that bench leaves us very short if a second rower goes down.

I suppose Gamble could cover 2nd row and centre at a pinch, but if it did happen you'd assume Palasia to the edge and then bigger minutes for Kobe, etc. across the middle forwards.

Actually I'm starting to like that bench and Gamble as the 17.... if we can get Gamble to act as a roving middle forward I think he could do a role for us throughout the rest of the season and provides us with a "bit" of coverage across a number of positions. Considering the 17 jersey is pretty well wasted most games it could be something we look at moving forward.

My updated team list after origin selections:

1. Mead (assume TMM and Tesi injured)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Billy
10. Flegler
11. TC
12. Riki
13. Kobe

14. Turps
15. Palasia
16. Kennedy
17. Gamble

I'm picking Gamble as last spot on the bench, because that spot has only been getting about 15-20mins a game and I think he could come on and do a role for us at 13 when Kobe needs a break... but that bench leaves us very short if a second rower goes down.

I suppose Gamble could cover 2nd row and centre at a pinch, but if it did happen you'd assume Palasia to the edge and then bigger minutes for Kobe, etc. across the middle forwards.

Actually I'm starting to like that bench and Gamble as the 17.... if we can get Gamble to act as a roving middle forward I think he could do a role for us throughout the rest of the season and provides us with a "bit" of coverage across a number of positions. Considering the 17 jersey is pretty well wasted most games it could be something we look at moving forward.
TC had a shocker against Norths - almost hooked.

TC was pretty good in his last game for the club when Capewell was rested. Hopefully Paix isnt too far away so we can get rid of the trash on the bench that is turpin.

Flegler getting named as 18th man means he cant play on Sunday. Slater just fucking us again the dickhead. Could have named a **** that has the bye this weekend as your 18th man
I think he's 19th... Dearden has been 18th man all series.

Edit: just checked and Flegler is 18th man everywhere (I swear in the Origin chat he was originally down as 19).... what a fucking stupid selection... he's been picking Dearden 18th man all fucking series why would he change that now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.