Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It's pretty easy to block defenders going after your kicker, have your players infront of the kicker and have them stay still, no need to stop anyone, just being there is blocking.

Plenty of teams do it and it's allowed.

Exactly this. You’ll find perfect examples tonight. They’ll make a bunch of obstacles not allowing a straight line to the kicker

Or just what Melbourne have been doing this season and jump at the jumper and take them out but you know, eyes on the ball and all that rubbish.

If we deliberately obstruct the defence, we should expect to be penalized. Anything short of that is literally the "ref not doing his job."

Just because we're the least penalized team in the NRL doesn't mean the refs will turn a blind eye to us deliberately cheating to gain an advantage.
Practice it, plan for it, execute it well.....you'll get it wrong here and there but you'll get away with it most times. And I'll cop the occasional penalty if it keeps Reynolds on the park :)

Practice it, plan for it, execute it well.....you'll get it wrong here and there but you'll get away with it most times. And I'll cop the occasional penalty if it keeps Reynolds on the park :)
There is only one solution here, and it isn't concocting some dumb illegal scheme to deliberately obstruct a defender that would get you pinged 10 times out of 10; it's not to play a halfback with broken ribs.

Luai in particular was obstructing kick chasers again lastnight by falling back at the same time and speed, to give his teammate with the ball a 'hole' in the Qld defensive line to run at. It was blatant a couple of times, I'd pull stills from the replay but the NRL website doesn't seem to have the full Origin match replays unfortunately.

I've called this tactic out on here a few times lately and it's becoming more and more obvious. Anyone else noticing it? Seems to be a Panthers thing, surprise surprise...

Luai in particular was obstructing kick chasers again lastnight by falling back at the same time and speed, to give his teammate with the ball a 'hole' in the Qld defensive line to run at. It was blatant a couple of times, I'd pull stills from the replay but the NRL website doesn't seem to have the full Origin match replays unfortunately.

I've called this tactic out on here a few times lately and it's becoming more and more obvious. Anyone else noticing it? Seems to be a Panthers thing, surprise surprise...

More specifically a Luai thing.

There was a last tackle play where our marker was chasing and Yeo was running across the field in front of our marker the entire way. I think you can get away with it if you're just standing there but there has to be a line

I was sitting at the southern end and noticed this twice. He does a little jump to the side to create extra space for Tedesco bringing it back.

Exactly this. You’ll find perfect examples tonight. They’ll make a bunch of obstacles not allowing a straight line to the kicker
Patty still got there one time and made Burton fck up .

There is only one solution here, and it isn't concocting some dumb illegal scheme to deliberately obstruct a defender that would get you pinged 10 times out of 10; it's not to play a halfback with broken ribs.
No, there's more than 1 solution.

Option 1, which is your preference is playing to the rules.

Option 2, which is mine, is playing to the referees interpretation of the rules

There is the good old 2 passes to the kicker trick . Then the chaser 1 can`t run that fast . 2 doesn`t know who to chase .

There is the good old 2 passes to the kicker trick . Then the chaser 1 can`t run that fast . 2 doesn`t know who to chase .
Imagine if you could extend the genius plan to "protect" your kicker to all your players. You'd be unstoppable.

Imagine if you could extend the genius plan to "protect" your kicker to all your players. You'd be unstoppable.

I saw a team use the two pass before the kick strategy on the weekend .
I have seen it used a lot over the years , even in origin . Discourages eager chasers .

Allows the kicker to run onto the ball . Also can kick a longer , lower trajectory as the kicker doesn`t have to kick over the chaser`s body .

Not as much about protecting the kicker as making sure it doesn`t get charged down or having to kick the ball up in the air and over the chaser to avoid being charged down .

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Lazza
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • Spoon
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.