Round 17 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

I'm prepared to say that I want the Norman experiment to be over. He doesn't offer any ball playing at all. It all comes down to Wallace to create stuff, and he buckles under pressure.

Whitchurch and maranta are definately keepers, ESPECIALLY WHITCHURCH. They rolled over us, we made a comeback but had no 6,7,9 to win it. All I can say is Whit church is something

Too many points against early, the boys did very well. Very proud to see that second half, even the last 10 of the first half was great.

I want Alex Glenn's children. I'm pretty sure he's the first kiwi RL player I've had a man crush on.

Wallace tried hard, but just too much inexperience and cohesion in the team whenever Wallace, Norman and even Hunt made line breaks. Reed and Hoffman's injuries early really hurt us in the legs in the back end of the game.

What have we got to do to win a penalty in the ruck??

Sharks will not make it past their second game of the finals. A team with that attitude isn't a winning team. More thuggish than Roosters...ok NEARLY more thuggish.

Hope we get to play them again in the finals and see Hodges wipe that shit eating grin off Graham.

I realise it's a pointless and well worn whinge but the setup of this comp is just such bullshyt .. The middle third of EVERY season kills brisbane when the guts of the side is just ripped out while Des Hasler's origin exempt teams et al coast along uninterrupted and under the radar ..

and all because the NRL powers that be are too stupid, too greedy and too powerless to man up run this thing fair and square like the AFL ...

I'm prepared to say that I want the Norman experiment to be over. He doesn't offer any ball playing at all. It all comes down to Wallace to create stuff, and he buckles under pressure.

I disagree that he buckles under pressure. I agree he's not getting the support he needs and he isn't the quality of half that can be the only ball player. Once we find a decent 5/8th (which Norman sometimes is behind a rolling pack), Wallace is one of the better 7s in the NRL IMO

Sucks. Wasn't a terrible game overall. I'm just glad we didn't get smashed.

Wallace simply isn't capable of doing all the play making, he sucks. Benji Marshall would be proud of Norman's hiding ability tonight.

Props to McC for 60+ tackles, no one else went close.

Very good effort from a very young side. Our most experienced player was our worst and probably cost us the game.

Maybe Wal was trying too hard but his decision making was as bad as could be. I don't think he made any good calls in the entire game.

Kicked dead on the last 3-4 times, tried an impossible pass to Macca off a break, didn't put the ball in the air from inside the 20 on the last, ridiculous intercept pass when he should have kicked. Just a piss poor reading of nearly every big play in the game.

He should have had Graham put in his place one way or another, penalty if needed. You just can't have players of his calibre dictating to you. this was a game that was there to be won but we were intimidated out of the game in the first half.

Have to say the refs were pretty keen to penalise us in the ruck while the Sharks got away with plenty.

I disagree that he buckles under pressure. I agree he's not getting the support he needs and he isn't the quality of half that can be the only ball player. Once we find a decent 5/8th (which Norman sometimes is behind a rolling pack), Wallace is one of the better 7s in the NRL IMO

I meant buckles under pressure of doing it all himself. I think he can be a valuable player with a genuine ball player to back him up.

Also I'd like to see Glenn get more early ball. He seems to have a better passing game than Norman.

2 things I take from that game.
1. it was ****ing frustrating to watch.
2. **** the NRL and the origin scheduling.

As I said in the game thread. Very proud of the boys. If any other team had their top 7 our and then lose their fullback and centre, they'd get rolled. Great effort. We have some great players coming through Whitchurch looks great!

Halves were crap and defense was poor. Pretty good effort by our boys all things considered. I hope they boys enjoy the break and come back switched on ready for an assault of the finals. Whitchurch and Jarrad Wallace have very bright futures.

No Norman doesn't buckle under pressure, he deadset sh@ts himself.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.