vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to see Benji playing some more first receiver like in the sweeping play that led to Gillett's first try. You could just see the defence all looking at Benji allowing the space for Hunt to either run or pass.
Yeah Bunj got the defence flat footed then delivered nice passes to Hunt with time

Melbourne don't lose 2 in a row

At least not since Round 18 2015 where they lost their forth game in a row (surprise, surprise against the Warriors in the Origin period). Before then you'd have to go back to Round 18 2014 to find their next consecutive losses.

History doesn't bode well for the Broncos. Not only are the Storm ultra consistent, the Broncos haven't beaten them at Suncorp since Round 2 2009.

No doubt Brisbane can win. Whether we do or not is an entirely different matter. I think the betting will indicate that Melbourne will only be slight favourites. I'm not sure Nikorima will play next match even with WBs statement that he intended him to come back on in the second half. I don't think he'll make the bench for the next match and I will be surprised if Hunt doesn't partner Marshall for the rest of the season. When (if) Milford returns then things would naturally change with Hunt and Milford starting and Bunji to the bench....Kodi's dreadful attempts at tackling and his unwillingness to put his body in front won't have been missed.

I thought Origin now has independent doctors for the HIA rule. So obviously the players have been coached to fake symptoms in order to give the doctors no choice but to take them off.

There is no easy answer. To stop players faking it and then coming back, maybe rule it as no free interchange if they are cleared to return. They only get a free interchange if the player is ruled out, BUT, they must miss the next game.

Trainer brings the player from the field . Doctor assesses after they come from the field . Could be ordered by coach .Doctor not calling players off .

From what i'm hearing, Tommy might be out for the rest of the season.

Moga doesn`t deserve to be dropped . Not doing much wrong IMO .

Trainer brings the player from the field . Doctor assesses after they come from the field . Could be ordered by coach .Doctor not calling players off .

Moga doesn`t deserve to be dropped . Not doing much wrong IMO .

Dont see what thats got to do with me saying that about Tommy tbh. Plenty would argue with you though.

We could actually have our depth tested a little in the centers if Moga or Roberts picks up an injury.

Dont see what thats got to do with me saying that about Tommy tbh. Plenty would argue with you though.

We could actually have our depth tested a little in the centers if Moga or Roberts picks up an injury.

I like Tommy`s game . I don`t think he out performs Moga . Relevant in that , fit or not . He`s not pushing Moga out atm .

I like Tommy`s game . I don`t think he out performs Moga . Relevant in that , fit or not . He`s not pushing Moga out atm .

Obviously, he is injured. But his game in many respects is better than Moga. All i see after watching them both ( and i've seen them at every level they have played at since they were 18 ish i would say ), all i see is that Moga takes better hit ups and runs more meters, and he has a better leap on him. Thats about it. Tommy has him covered in every other aspect. We havent seen anywhere near what Tom is capable of just yet at NRL level. He won rookie of the year last year, and he could barely move his shoulder to even pass the ball a lot of the time without pain, so that was a fantastic achievement really. I'll judge him properly at NRL level when he can get a run when he is fit, not like some do on basing it on watching a kid who played busted for the majority of his time in the NRL.

I doubt Moga is even going to be here next year anyway, so if we had another fit player of any decent quailty for left center, i'm fairly confident Bennett would pick them. I suppose we will see after June 30.

Kahu is a decent player, but not a strong fullback. He normally has good positioning in defence at Fullback, though when Kahu is made to do a 1 on 1 tackle he normally fails. He doesn't add much in attack either. The 1 thing I will say was great was his goal kicking (I can let that terrible 1 slide).
But changes should not be made this week against a strong side like storm.
1.Kahu
2.Mead
3.Roberts
4.Moga
6.Marshall
7.Hunt
8.Sims
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Gillett
12.Glenn
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Pangai jr
16.Offa
17.Thiday

Why drop Ese'ese? I thought he was strong. He's a big body in the middle which we need. I thought Mead was poor at the start of the game, but made some strong carries later which was good to see. I still think Pearson offers us more - he's bigger, stronger, faster, better under the high ball, better finisher...

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Marshall
7. Hunt

8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Pangai Jnr
17. Offa/Sims

Kahu is a decent player, but not a strong fullback. He normally has good positioning in defence at Fullback, though when Kahu is made to do a 1 on 1 tackle he normally fails. He doesn't add much in attack either. The 1 thing I will say was great was his goal kicking (I can let that terrible 1 slide).
But changes should not be made this week against a strong side like storm.
1.Kahu
2.Mead
3.Roberts
4.Moga
6.Marshall
7.Hunt
8.Sims
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Gillett
12.Glenn
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Pangai jr
16.Offa
17.Thiday

Problem is we have best 2 of spine out vs slater, Munster, Cronk and Smith. Think only way we win is by taking risks. Melbourne as stated don't loose games in a row and their defence will be tight. If pays off might set a structure that keep us winning while stars are out. If doesn't no harm done we realistically need to budget this as a loss anyway and can see which one of our three 5/8s make it into 2 halves if needed.

Why drop Ese'ese? I thought he was strong. He's a big body in the middle which we need. I thought Mead was poor at the start of the game, but made some strong carries later which was good to see. I still think Pearson offers us more - he's bigger, stronger, faster, better under the high ball, better finisher...

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Marshall
7. Hunt

8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Pangai Jnr
17. Offa/Sims

Knik for a isc spell and a 4 forward bench. If sammy is out bring in isaako on the bench.

Bellamy has also come out and said that the big 3 ain't certainties to play (fingers crossed).

Problem is we have best 2 of spine out vs slater, Munster, Cronk and Smith. Think only way we win is by taking risks. Melbourne as stated don't loose games in a row and their defence will be tight. If pays off might set a structure that keep us winning while stars are out. If doesn't no harm done we realistically need to budget this as a loss anyway and can see which one of our three 5/8s make it into 2 halves if needed.
There's something missing here but I don't know what it is. Were you writing this while running for a bus? On a treadmill?

I thought we were no chance last night so I'm going to go in with that attitude this week and hopefully be pleasantly surprised again.

**** you NRL and your "lets make the ladder as close as possible" bullshit.

A loss + results going against us and we can drop to 7th next week.

So, you're not in favor of the salary cap?

I'm liking our run home after that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
  • barker
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • BooKhaki
  • bb_gun
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.