Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

My opinion, we were not up to the task. Our back line was disjointed and without direction. Our forwards were out enthused and out muscled. Thaiday for me was the worst on field, his ball control was terrible. The team just never clicked tonight. I don't think our season is dead because of this but things really need to change if we are going to compete and own our top four position.

For mine, the Storm's defensive tactics are irrelevant. You beat the Storm by minimising how often you get tackled which simply means moving the damn ball around with bodies in motion supporting the ball carrier and plays which have been rehearsed and drilled exactly as Bellamy does with his team which is why they are so damn good. We are a rabble compared to them.

Our wins are on the back of some excellent plays that are pulled out and used like rabbits out of a hat instead of a methodical, structured style of football which also allows class players to improvise - again, what the Storm do.

The Sharks at their best know exactly how to beat the Storm. Move the fucking ball constantly and don't rely on one out running like we do time and time and time again, so their defensive techniques stifle your attack.

We lose to the Storm because we play to their strengths. Oh, and shit execution and shit ball control don't help either.

Oh well. The only saving grace is that it was so bad it's just not worth another thought.
It wasn't a game that teased me with the hope of a win.
I hate Storm. I hate watching them constantly wrestle in EVERY tackle. They can't be stopped because you would have to penalize them in every third tackle and if you try to copy them the ref is all over you.
It just seems to be how it is so i just enjoy the games they don't play in

I watched closely they play within the rules . They turn the shoulders of the ball carrier before the ball touches the ground . You could see the Broncs trying to get belly down but the technique of the Storm wouldn`t allow them . Offa tried all night long . I think he got a quick play the ball only once . The only guy who was able to get belly down and a quick play the ball was .... Moga .

On a positive note I liked what I saw in Pearson

I liked what Pearson did . Needs to trust his centre more . Came in early and left a path to the corner . Impressive pace to round up Slater from behind .

You forgot I was a raiders supporter last week. Man of many talents

Jay Pee . You like to travel ? You like sex ? Why not combine the two ? AND FCK OFF !

Last edited:
The referee was right there. Maybe they had both had an air swing.

Pretty sure Joffa gave him a right hand . Might have been a slap rather than a punch . Pocket ref was right there . Didn`t blow the whistle ?

Is this a pro Storm forum or fucking what? I understand some of you admire the way the Storm play their game, but this is a Broncos forum and we just got the absolute shit beat out of us and some of you are on here praising and admiring how the Storm play? Time and fucking place ok? It's like some of you could care less about the Broncos.

We just copped a devastating loss that will most probably dent our confidence in the worst way, leaving us not making the top 4 and getting bundled out of the finals quick smart. What our boys dished up tonight is appalling. Yes the Storm are great but they aren't unbeatable even if we had a few of our players out. I can't accept our weak mentality tonight. We lost this game before kick off and we lost it in the worst way - between the ears.

I'm over it. We were traveling so well and to dish that up tonight is shameful.

Old saying ; you can only play as well as the opposition allows you .
Wake up call . Better now than a semi .

We got smashed by the team that is currently head and shoulders above every other team in the comp, so be it.

The refereeing had its usual head scratchers, probably most curiously the fact that Klein AGAIN clearly ignored his touch judge. To me, this is a HUGE issue out of this game. In the end, there was nothing wrong with the Addo-Carr try but that is not the point. What if there was something (ala Uate) and that incompetence costs a team a grand final? The fact Klein has done it again should be a massive issue out of this game...but it won't even be mentioned.

Now look, forward passes unfortunately get ignored every game, so as stupid as it is, learn to adapt and bend the rules like the Storm do. Learn to wrestle like the Storm do. Learn to hold your line like the Storm do. Trust in your system like the Storm do. We DEFINITELY have the team and the quality to beat them but just need to trust it. Unfortunately, the outs for this game and the re-shuffling of positions really hurt us coming up against the clearly benchmark team this season.

This loss does not mean the end of our season and no, it does not mean we are not contenders. What it does hopefully mean is that our boys realise they need to go up a few levels in the next two months. We looked tired and disinterested and with the bye next week after a pretty gruelling season thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually played into the performance.

The team no doubt realised that even if we dropped to seventh, the two points from the bye mean we will most likely exit the rep season in the top four. Look for an annihilation of Newcastle next round as they will want to make a statement. If we lose that game, then feel free to panic.

Storm scored the 1st two tries by poor communication and trust from the replacement wingers . Then attacked the centres knowing they were under extra pressure after the earlier lapses .
Handing them the ball so many times hurt us .

I'm not sure if it showed on TV but McGuire was in a really bad way tonight.

He was on the sideline trying to push his way back onto the field, but 5 people were there dragging him back.. He was literally dragged into the dressing sheds. He kept fighting them.

Meanwhile he could barely stand on his own two feet. It was ugly.

Yes they did the screen within a screen thang for ages while the game went on . That annoys the fck out of me . Going back to look at an incident while the game is alive . That`s what I want to look at . Not a tiny box in the corner of the screen !

I'm not even remotely concerned with last night's result.

As others have said, we were missing a few important players, including two from our 'spine'.

And as @animal eater mentioned, the Storm would have beaten anyone last night. They were in their groove from the get go. It would have taken a massive performance to come away with the two points.

We let ourselves down with errors and defensive lapses. Both are easily fixed, and I'd rather get it all out of the system now, before we get to the back end of the season, and finals football.

Didn't have a problem with the refs, though I think Melbourne get away with far too much garbage in the ruck - that's always been the case though.

I'm not even remotely concerned with last night's result.

As others have said, we were missing a few important players, including two from our 'spine'.

And as @animal eater mentioned, the Storm would have beaten anyone last night. They were in their groove from the get go. It would have taken a massive performance to come away with the two points.

We let ourselves down with errors and defensive lapses. Both are easily fixed, and I'd rather get it all out of the system now, before we get to the back end of the season, and finals football.

Didn't have a problem with the refs, though I think Melbourne get away with far too much garbage in the ruck - that's always been the case though.

I don't have a problem with the loss. I think anyone who topped the Broncos has a little bias in their tipping. But what pisses me off is they lost by a big score. It was pathetic.

Also. I'm fucking sick to death of all these god damned jerseys. How do you have pride in the jersey when it changes every bloody week, and it's fucking RED!

I'm sick of not getting to a decent kick on the last tackle. To many times this year we go for a Hail Mary pass or run it option which hardly ever works. To do this against the storm is suicide. No forward should ever get the ball on the last tackle either

Hahahaha you poor thing. It works fine normally but the nrl seems to have removed their page or account or whatever

There seems to be a payment issue from Livestream.

It's expected back next round.

Disappointing result. How good are the Storm though. Those set pieces were amazing to watch, silky passes, players in motion, everyone knows what they are doing.

Munster played great as well. Being part of the Melbourne spine may influence his selection at 6 for Queensland.

I don't have a problem with the loss. I think anyone who topped the Broncos has a little bias in their tipping. But what pisses me off is they lost by a big score. It was pathetic.

Also. I'm fucking sick to death of all these god damned jerseys. How do you have pride in the jersey when it changes every bloody week, and it's fucking RED!

Can we please bring back the '15 Heritage jersey. Every. Week.

Reckon Cam, Billy and Cronk were giving Hunt his audition last night?

Reckon Cam, Billy and Cronk were giving Hunt his audition last night?

I think they were just showing those few people who actually considered Hunt a genuine option for Origin that they are mental when Munster is an option too.

Surely it would make more sense for the Origin audition to be against Maloney and Pearce?

He won't be playing against Smith, Cronk and Slater. He will be playing with them.

My opinion, we were not up to the task. Our back line was disjointed and without direction. Our forwards were out enthused and out muscled. Thaiday for me was the worst on field, his ball control was terrible. The team just never clicked tonight. I don't think our season is dead because of this but things really need to change if we are going to compete and own our top four position.

He only ever does that one stupid run where he just runs at the markers because they are moving backwards, he could make twice as much ground as he does running at the line. He has become a cat who doesn't like getting tackled hard anymore imo

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.