Round 17 Discussion

Hunt fended off pretty easily there :glare:

Sezer = most underrated player in the game?

Roberts in, that was too easy.

Ex Souths player right? he wouldve been a handy pickup.

Last edited:
Brisbane were never going to pick up Roberts around the time of the Gagai sacking. Politics and such but the kid could always play. Same with Ha'agana who is with Wests.

That's why I respect Souths. Give them shit for how they acted signing GI...that was pretty unethical but they could have easily turned a blind eye to Roberts and Ha'gana and they didn't.

Brisbane were never going to pick up Roberts around the time of the Gagai sacking. Politics and such but the kid could always play. Same with Ha'agana who is with Wests.

That's why I respect Souths. Give them **** for how they acted signing GI...that was pretty unethical but they could have easily turned a blind eye to Roberts and Ha'gana and they didn't.

I agree BP about souths to a point. It is good that they drew a line in the sand with Roberts, however it is easy to play hard ball when you have a backline like they do, highlighted by Greg inglis that they wouldn't have in the first place were it not for unethical behavior.

Fair point b4l.

At the end of the day they can name 1. Greg Inglis and that's their backline but still to see them back the likes of Everingham, Goodwin...even Champion to an extent and release Roberts, Vaivai etc. at the first signs of trouble really has instilled a strong culture at their club. Could just be whispers but I hear Mansour, who I personally rate as a very good up and coming winger was also let go for disciplinary reasons.

I don't think Mansour did anything wrong, just left to get more chances in first grade. Before we even signed Inglis I was tipping Mansour as a future Minichiello clone at fullback for us but he was never given a real chance by Lang, obviously Madge knew we had a super fullback hiding in the centres when he came to us so wasn't too worried about losing him.

I don't know if it is just the M connection in the Chinese whispers. Kane Morgan was rumoured to have hit his girlfriend like Vaivai to get out of his Rabbitohs contract. Maybe that is the mix up.

I also loved Adrian Ha'angana. I still think that kid was developing into a Gallen type back rower without the dirty shit. I mean how cool would it be to give out a good Rocky "Adrian" every time he ran the ball in an NRL match. Bree and I used to do that all the time during NYC when he ran the ball lol.

I can't remember where I heard that report of Mansour but it wasn't anything too major like you said. Just something about his attitude wasn't what it should have been and he was next to no chance of getting a shot in the first grade side. A shame because the kid is basically going to be Michael Gordon v2 - hopefully with better luck with injuries.

Not that it matters to Souths anymore along with GI they've unearthed Walker who has future rep. written all over him.

How is Tyrone Phillips coming along? He was the next big thing back in 2010.

Milford playing wing for the Raiders today, Well he is named in that position. I expect him to play fullback in attack.

That was class from JT, calling all the kids to move in closer so he can slap their hands on the way through.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Behold
  • mrslong
  • Behind enemy lines
  • LittleDavey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • simplythebest
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bish
  • Foordy
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.