Round 17 Discussion

Is he an NRL player, or would it be more appropriate to say Dave Taylor was an NRL player, Bman?

I could keep busting your balls at your lame attempt at a get-square, but am willing to look past it if you can give me your thoughts on star Sydney roosters junior Kane Evans.

Last edited:
13517665_1202683253097083_6821587936193245660_o.jpg

I think it's hilarious, good on him.

I think Robinson has a right to be filthy about that Jackson try last night.

Lichaa pushed Guerra's hand down.. Since when were players allowed to do that?

Bunker said Lichaa doesn't touch Guerra.. The ****? They couldn't see it was Guerra's arm around the ball?

Jackson was also losing control of that.. You could argue Guerra stripped it since his arm was around the ball and Jackson only had a hand on it. Guerra's arm isn't there, Jackon loses it cold.

Last edited:
Yeah I think that stunk a bit. Another player has always been allowed to come in and help but how long do you get to put it down? Jackson was done, he lost that battle after at least 3 goes to ground it. Guerra had him held up fair and square.

Is this referring to the Jackson held up try?, I thought that was a fair enough decision he got the ball down. Personally the Roosters have been hammered by referees for most of my years of watching the game, apart from the Kane Evans try in last years finals series.

Hate how commentators bring up that El Masri double movement try from 2004. I can so easily remember that try and game so well, I cried myself to sleep that night.

I know you're a Roosters fan but if you honestly think they get hammered by the refs you are stupid. They are the innovators of intentionally giving away penalties to reset their defensive line. They're the reason catchup penalties pollute every single game now. They can eat a bag of dicks

I know you're a Roosters fan but if you honestly think they get hammered by the refs you are stupid. They are the innovators of intentionally giving away penalties to reset their defensive line. They're the reason catchup penalties pollute every single game now. They can eat a bag of dicks

This. A big dripping bag.

We've got a decent afternoon of footy lined up on election day.

Kicks off in Auckland with the Warriors hosting the Gold Coast. No Taylor for the Titans, which means that former Broncos junior Cam Cullen makes his way into the 17. Henry will also blood newcomer Karl Lawton into the centres. Lawton was a star juniour for the Gold Coast during a few lean years in the Under 20s where he predominately played as a dummy half. In recent times, he's been playing centre for the Tweed Heads Seagulls who are experiencing a similar trot as the 20s. What's interesting is that Henry is backing the talent of Lawton over the form of the Burleigh Bears backs like Sami Sauiluma and Connor Broadhurst.

And if you feel like you've read the name before, that's because you remember his older brother Kayne Lawton. Kayne played for the Gold Coast way back in 2009 and was something of a fringe player for them over the next few seasons. Fingers crossed Karl goes onto have a stronger career in first grade.

There isn't much to report on in regards to the Warriors after their nail-biting loss to the Sharks. All the talk has centred around the fullback position where Fusitua and Lolohea are expected to alternate. I really don't understand where coach McFadden is coming on this one. Lolohea is clearly their best fullback option, where as Fusitua doesn't quite have the ball-skills out there.

This is one of those games the Warriors should win by all-rights but you just never know with this squad and the Titans ability to stay in games.

Later we have the Wests Tigers taking on the resurgent Penrith Panthers. Word going around that English import Zak Hardaker could debut for the Panthers in the centres after the mid-year swap for James Segeyaro. For Penrith, it's a question of whether they can actually build. They've won two games, albeit not convincingly and they're coming up against a side that gave Melbourne a fright last week and can score points in a hurry. I think this could be the game of the round and one that's definitely worth watching.

Finally, in our main event of sorts we see the Cronulla Sharks go for a club record 12 straight wins when they take on the down-trodden Parramatta Eels. In the midst of the Semi Radrama, it's amazing to think we've got a game on our hands, and a game that could go either way. The Eels have returned to form, piling on three wins and have a habit of frustrating their opponents into errors. They shape as the perfect spoiler, so a win here will definitely be well earned, Semi or no Semi.

All that, plus the NSW Cup, the Queensland Cup and the NYC.

I think Robinson has a right to be filthy about that Jackson try last night.

Lichaa pushed Guerra's hand down.. Since when were players allowed to do that?

Bunker said Lichaa doesn't touch Guerra.. The ****? They couldn't see it was Guerra's arm around the ball?

Jackson was also losing control of that.. You could argue Guerra stripped it since his arm was around the ball and Jackson only had a hand on it. Guerra's arm isn't there, Jackon loses it cold.

Archer agrees with you.

I could be wrong, but I actually agreed with the bunker's interpretation. It appeared as if Lichaa made contact with the ball and Jackson's hand. Guerra's was in the vicinity, but it was further from Lichaa's vantage point. So technically, I thought the call was correct.

However, I didn't like it one bit and I'm glad Archer has clarified the issue. A nice bit of heads-up play from Lichaa, but at the same time, Guerra's effort should have been rewarded.

I can see why Bman is upset though. Relative to the Bulldogs, they're the downtrodden. But the Bulldogs have always been like that.

Hurrell injured, or is he still being lazy?

Not only is he injured, but one of the conditions behind his release was that he couldn't play in this fixture.

Brisbane had a similar clause with Dane Gagai in 2012.

Last edited:
WOW!!

Hoffman goes the length after the Warriors left him a massive gap to run through. Bodene Thompson and Shaun Johnson just let Hoffman set sail like it was the Under 20s.

It must be said - typical Warriors. They put together a promising set, plenty of good carries and let themselves down when it counted most.

6-0 Titans after 4.

What an awful play from Roberts.

All the momentum, well on top and he throws it all away trying to force the play.

Felt like this afternoon was either going to be a Warriors squash or an unlikely Titans victory. At the moment, seems like we're going to see the latter.

They took a page out of the Storm's play-book the Titans.

Wasn't much of a set, but when you've got a tall rangy winger to kick to like McDonald it doesn't matter.

Seems like a weekend for the cross-field kick. Tupou on Thursday, Vunivalu on Friday and now McDonald.

Amazing put down there from Lolohea.

He had no right to score that try, it's just amazing to see what these players are capable of.

The Titans have been the better team this so far, so the Warriors would be OK with this scoreline all things considered. If they can control possession they should go on with this.

Sucks to see Lawton's night cut short.

He didn't look too bad out there. Very sharp out of dummy half and came up with the right plays when called on.

Titans will be down to 15 for the rest of the contest.

Looks like a bad break too, poor guy.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.